Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Melton Works said:

Does anyone see what I see with this model?...

Screenshot_20231018-222518_Gmail.jpg

It's a model of a Class 37 diesel. It looks like a Class 37, so it must be one.

It does not look like a Black 5, so therefore cannot be one of them.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Well yes it does sort of look like a Class 37 but those two boxes on the nose look a bit odd. What are they all about? 😜

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, brushman47544 said:

Well yes it does sort of look like a Class 37 but those two boxes on the nose look a bit odd. What are they all about? 😜

They add character and style to an already great design.  A bit like icing on a cake.  Over time the art of design was lost and various members of the Frankenstein family were allowed to work on the front ends, culminating in the grotesque mutilation that is the WIPAC light 😉😉

Steve

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

All 37s are equal, but some 37s are more equal than others.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

12 hours ago, Melton Works said:

Does anyone see what I see with this model?...

Screenshot_20231018-222518_Gmail.jpg

After banging my head against a wall all morning looking at it. it suddenly  dawned on me............ it's the wrong livery and should carry the number 37 001 in BR blue.

Edited by Brian Hawkins
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

After banging my head against a wall all morning looking at, it suddenly  dawned on me............ it's the wrong livery and should carry the number 37 001 in BR blue.

Or the TOPS number that D6700 got slotted in to - 37119, a stalwart of the NE freight scene throughout the 70s.

Steve

Edited by 55020
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting point - when were those visible additional intermediate stiffening items added?  They don't appear on photos of Vulcan Foundry built early locos but they are definitely present in photos of the first RSH built batch.  

Alas it's so long ago that I first saw brand new D6700 that I'm unable to  comment on the cantrail grills  even if I'd bothered to look at them.  So our only guide is going to be contemporaneous photos of new locos in the first Vulcan Foundry batch, not necessarily later photos of the loco.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, cambo74 said:

Quick question - which manufacturers version of BR blue is accurate for the 37/0s please ?

Ben

It depends on the life cycle of the particular loco you are wanting to represent.  Freshly painted, mid service or faded, and when.

Thought you would have known this due to your respray background.

• Like 2

At the start of autumn, activity is dense on the layout. 

I never tire of listening to the sound of the class 37's engine, which is wonderfully reproduced, too bad it's not the same for the sounds of the horns and braking.

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1

6 hours ago, GRUNFOS said:

Its got a big hook sticking out at the front or is it pleased to see the other accurascale class 37's??????????????????????

6 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Interesting point - when were those visible additional intermediate stiffening items added?  They don't appear on photos of Vulcan Foundry built early locos but they are definitely present in photos of the first RSH built batch.  

Alas it's so long ago that I first saw brand new D6700 that I'm unable to  comment on the cantrail grills  even if I'd bothered to look at them.  So our only guide is going to be contemporaneous photos of new locos in the first Vulcan Foundry batch, not necessarily later photos of the loco.

Locomotions own picture on their website...

20231019_201926.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

Locomotions own picture on their website...

20231019_201926.jpg

Is the model in the earlier pic a deco sample? There is an EP with the correct grilles.

image.png.ee00c7ed2dccf4a67973cc0c33640706.png

Edited by 97406
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Has anyone still got the Lima version of this locomotive? I think it was sold as a limited edition by Model Rail at the 1998 Toton open day? Looking forward to doing a side by side comparison of the 2.

Some of us were very grateful for those Lima 20, 37 and 47 models..just saying.

• Like 4