KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Whenever a new post comes up in this thread and I see the notification in my timeline I can pretty much predict the next word when I open up the page will be ‘but…’

2B3D08DD-5E46-41CF-8ADB-8A40BCDA4528.jpeg.83a1d0ea4fbc8754eae1e2dc0a52ea12.jpeg

such a shame as i was considering getting one but as the topic progresses further my desire to have one has reduced considerably

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chev32 said:

I have just taken delivery of my  Fell .Green livery with a sound decoder .It's a great looking model but ... I tried it on my DC layout and it did not move . Do I need to program the chip for DC operation ? 

IMG20221012151824.jpg

My Sound model worked OK when tested on DC. It does require more power than a normal DC model to start the startup sequence. It sounds a bit like a 37, definitely for that distinctive turbo noise (whether that's accurate or not I don't know)

Mine is going back because it has an excessively wobbly wheel on one of the geared axles. 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, mvwilson said:

My Black one arrived. Runs beautifully and sounds great especially the four separate engine start ups.

It should have 6 engine start ups.. the two for the Rootes blowers then the 4 "drive" engines

Baz

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

So, I know I am not the only person sent a DCC ready model instead of a DCC Sound Fitted model.

And as a solution KR models would prefer to send me a chip for me to fit (huh?).

Just wondering, does anyone know if the speaker and wiring for it is already fitted? A Google search did not reveal the answer to me. Maybe the only way to know for sure is to open it up myself.

However, DIY chip fitting was not what I paid for (and this could have been my first DCC model). No hint of a partial refund as recompense or worthwhile gift like expensive upgraded speaker or magnifier to help with the fitting or free wagon or whatever...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, flockandroll said:

So, I know I am not the only person sent a DCC ready model instead of a DCC Sound Fitted model.

And as a solution KR models would prefer to send me a chip for me to fit (huh?).

Ohh - there's a surprise!!

Is there no end to their lack of customer service / professionalism?

CJI.

• Agree 3

48 minutes ago, flockandroll said:

Just wondering, does anyone know if the speaker and wiring for it is already fitted? A Google search did not reveal the answer to me. Maybe the only way to know for sure is to open it up myself.

However, DIY chip fitting was not what I paid for (and this could have been my first DCC model). No hint of a partial refund as recompense or worthwhile gift like expensive upgraded speaker or magnifier to help with the fitting or free wagon or whatever...

Yes the speaker is fitted and wired to the pcb, just fit the chip.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Barry O said:

It should have 6 engine start ups.. the two for the Rootes blowers then the 4 "drive" engines

Baz

F3 starts the four seperate engines after f1 starts the first two. Thats why I made a point of the seperate four engine function.

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

@zoomer1979 it sounds like a 1970s car stuck in first gear.

15 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Sounds a bit difference when you get that small piece of the real sound approaching that junction.

Indeed. The sound of 4 V12 Paxmans, plus 2 AECs, must have been quite a cacophony. I think the sound file in the model has under sold the racket of the real thing for the sake of everyone's ears!

Edited by zoomer1979
punctuation
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Waiting in NZ.
Hopefully it won’t be like GT3 which made two trips as the courier wouldn’t deliver to our P.O. Box so sent it back, yet they accepted the address when it was sent…..

Roger 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 12/10/2022 at 22:40, flockandroll said:

I told Keith Revell that I thought this was unacceptable practice and that he needed to get me a sound fitted example very quickly.  I've been told it has now been processed for dispatch but nothing yet about delivery.

Les

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 11/10/2022 at 23:18, GWR-fan said:

At least it seems that the manufacturer was "honest" in stating that although aware the CAD/tooling was not accurate they were happy to accept the Fell project with the known issues.

You overlook the fact that this project was funded by the purchasers, who had put their money up to finance production.

Did KRM ask those investors if they were "happy to accept the Fell project with the known issues"?

No - presumably because they knew what the answer would be!

Manufacturers can make whatever production decisions they wish - IF they are funding the project with their own money.

Regrettably, KRM seem to have a lax appreciation of their responsibilities towards those who entrust them with their money. Not a scenario that inspires confidence in current and future projects.

I have invested in DHP1, and genuinely hope to be pleased with my model when it is delivered. My recent experience with 10100 makes me apprehensive, however.

CJI.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/10/2022 at 22:25, Pilgrim in France said:

Still waiting. Should we have an email to say it is about to be delivered?

On 14/10/2022 at 21:33, Lee-H said:

Anyone else still waiting for their Fell to be delivered?

I suggest you send an email using the form on their webpage. I enquired where mine was and they needed to confirm which version I wanted, This was now out of stock in the UK and has been dispatched from Canada. Well when I say despatched Canada Post tracking state the sender had printed a label. KR did respond very quickly and reassured me about what would happen if Royal Mail tried to charge me VAT on the import. The label was printed last Wednesday but no further progress since then according to tracking. I have waited a few years for this model so I shall continue to be patient. 
Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1