Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

I can honestly say that these have exceeded my expectations. Not that Accurascale were not capable but just that we have never seen anything like this before in my opinion. Just stunning! 

They are booked in for their flight mid next week, so we'll confirm then once they are in the air :) They've been longer than we'd have hoped coming, (although still only a little over two years since launch) but as our first (and most certainly not last) foray into Steam power, these simply had to be up to our standard. 

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

1 minute ago, McC said:

They are booked in for their flight mid next week, so we'll confirm then once they are in the air :) They've been longer than we'd have hoped coming, (although still only a little over two years since launch) but as our first (and most certainly not last) foray into Steam power, these simply had to be up to our standard. 

I picture you, Fran and the whole team with tongues caught between teeth, brows furrowed and weilding brushes laden with green paint!

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

When will we see the full suite of photos uploaded to the website? Can't get enough of these!!!!

We're working on that :) They are even more splendid in the flesh, If I say so myself :) 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, foggyjames said:

Impressive. Dare I say that looks like an O-gauge level of detail, at a glance?

Definitely. The thing that really sells the O gauge illusion I think is the front end of the bogie not having a tension lock or square hole for one making it appear that the only coupling method is the 3 link

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

'Museum standard' is an over used and in many ways meaningless phrase but this model is surely the new high water mark for UK prototype RTR, looks absolutely spot on in all respects. Only has to run well to have Model of the Year nailed. Well done Accurascale

• Like 6
  • Agree 5

These are looking absolutely smashing, top work as usual chaps.

I'm very much looking forward to my order of 7 arriving - fingers are firmly crossed for a delivery before my Birthday at the end of the month!

Before I go to order etched name and numberplates for renumbering, could someone from Accurascale please confirm if etched nameplates are included in the accessory pack? Many thanks in advance :-)

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

29 minutes ago, SebWelsh said:

Before I go to order etched name and numberplates for renumbering, could someone from Accurascale please confirm if etched nameplates are included in the accessory pack? Many thanks in advance :-)

I'm not Accurascale, but on their website under the 'Common Features' of what's included with each Manor, it says

• Etched metal pre-painted name and numberplates

•  

Etched metal "Cambrian Coast Express" and "Pembroke Coast Express" headboards

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I am not impressed with these pictures! They have unfortunately caused me to order another Manor which is not what me or my credit card were expecting! I now have sound fitted Erlestoke and Torquay Manors on order 😃

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

It’s not that Dapols is a bad model, it isn’t,  but the AS model is next level. 

If it runs as good as it looks.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I suppose there isnt many times you can say the model is better than the real thing but…

92525FDA-70EF-4B34-9244-CE0E8832FF67.jpeg.a1e6399da5f03c615850c9161da17733.jpeg

Accurascale definitely got the livery shade better !

That doesn't help because the image has a pinky colour cast

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, melmerby said:

That doesn't help because the image has a pinky colour cast

So did the loco, it was originally restored with a lime ish shade of green.

😀

see here next to 7822

https://www.jhluxton.com/The-35mm-Film-Archive/Railways/Llangollen-Railway-1980s-1990s/i-23d2L8x/A

Edited by adb968008

7 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I’m so glad I waited…

IMG_0212.jpeg

The shiny tyres are an eyesore. Don't think they chose a very good promotional image because retailer images look much better. Other than that, from the comments online, it's a good model.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

So it's finally upon is then? I really believe this is the model to really make Hornby and Bachmann re-evaluate at least their pricing. Door 170 pounds for DCC ready, with this level of detail, paint work etc you really have to wonder if the others are pulling numbers out of their arses for pricing. And flown in as well? Top notch. 

Now people at Accurascale, let's forget about the GWR and start making LMS models please.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

You can tell by the level of detail and the interest and care thats put into these products this was going to be the one to have,doing the hard stuff and getting it right and being there to fix it when its a pain.They have become the bench mark for excellence,the modellers model makers.They are that commited the next crews for Scottish 37,s will have various tartan underwear in OO.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5