Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

Don't start speculating on order priority

I ordered 7812 just after announcement (Feb 2021) and 7800 about a year later (Jan 2022) however both have been dispatched today, I think separately, should have asked to combine dispatch really 😅

I'm a CR too so can't be alphabetical based on surname 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My 7808 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow…. But am out fishing all day and SWMBO has hijacked it for my birthday present so got to wait till Saturday 19th to drool over it….. 

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Harlequin said:

"I have tracking data" (Isn't that a famous NASA quote?)

Parcel collected at 21.02 and now on the move.

Beat me by a minute

Mine now says collected at 21:03

At delivery depot 21:03

And a Tradesupply email at 21:04

I actually find the Accurascale progress bars confusing

I've got one for the deposit and another for the balance.

The deposit one moved first on 4th August and then the balance one took over!

8 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

My 7808 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow…. But am out fishing all day and SWMBO has hijacked it for my birthday present so got to wait till Saturday 19th to drool over it….. 

Thought 7812 would be your preference. Its certainly mine. Found memories of it at Dowty Ashchurch in the summer school holidays of 1975. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

Thought 7812 would be your preference. Its certainly mine. Found memories of it at Dowty Ashchurch in the summer school holidays of 1975. 

Jimbo has 7812 and 7800 …. 7802 also coming for me! You are right about 7812 though, going down to WSR next Saturday for a birthday trip behind her…

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Jimbo has 7812 and 7800 …. 7802 also coming for me! You are right about 7812 though, going down to WSR next Saturday for a birthday trip behind her…

Many happy returns.

A positively gleaming 7812 seen, about to take a drink at Bishops Lydeard yesterday, which was a bit of a scorcher and a "cake day" at the TMRG clubroom. 

By all accounts, you may need to bring a brolly on Saturday!

John

WSR 2023.08.09_091er.jpg

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Not wishing to give the impression that I am ultra-keen to receive mine, but is it the generally accepted pattern that individual orders are sent out first from Accurascale HQ, followed by those to model shops?

No criticism intended, by the way, things can only go as fast as they can humanly go.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Not wishing to give the impression that I am ultra-keen to receive mine, but is it the generally accepted pattern that individual orders are sent out first from Accurascale HQ, followed by those to model shops?

No criticism intended, by the way, things can only go as fast as they can humanly go.

We send orders in chronological order. so if a shop ordered a long time ago they’ll go out in the same queue. the warehouse team are processing about 500 parcels a day so we should be clear of all direct and trade orders by the end of next week or very early the week after. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I too am not going to jump on this bandwagon of shouting "Me!  Me!  Me!" when it comes to despatch.  Behaving like our dog at breakfast time really does nothing to help.  I have no dount that mine will be released when its turn comes up.

I am quite content for Accurascale to send them out in an orderly manner, and leave it to them to decide whether they send orders in the sequence they were placed, or if they work systemically through each particular livery variation etc, or choose to clear space in their warehouse by shifting the bulk orders to retailers first, according to whatever fits best with their efficiency.  It's not just a case of shoving a loco into a mailing box and sticking a label on it.  They will also have a number of factors to consider, for example whether the customer has yet paid in full, complications on overseas orders, whether there are additional items on the order etc.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

Just received my 7812 this morning, sadly despite the hefty packaging, the chimney has broken off at the glue line, several drain cocks have broken off and vanished and the rear tender footsteps are bent back.  😥

But apart from that it's fantastic!

Edit: I submitted an exchange request and it was approved and a return label sent in just 3 minutes!

Edited by Sam*45110*SVR
  • Friendly/supportive 9

I am very much looking forward to getting my 7812 and 7820! I am building my very first layout especially for these manor locomotives. Now just waiting for Accurascale to release some MK1 gangway coaches to go with them in chocolate & cream as I model model current period and my layout will be a heritage railway. 

Here is a question for Accurascale, 

How easy is it to fit the chain link couplings to this locomotive and what glue would you recommend for fitting them? 

I intend to use chain link couplings on my layout to improve the realism. 

Many thanks. 

Edited by Trainsandtravel
Spelling.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sam*45110*SVR said:

Just received my 7812 this morning, sadly despite the hefty packaging, the chimney has broken off at the glue line, several drain cocks have broken off and vanished and the rear tender footsteps are bent back.  😥

But apart from that it's fantastic!

But one of the perils of having fragile parts fitted in the box I suppose, one (the front most one as below) looks a little bashed up on the image by Suzy above (and below!), I suppose with a very detailed model it's bound to happen, hopefully only a handful

2 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

My 7812 m1.jpg.3eaa1fabf014cafa54bcdada20df5f62.jpg

39 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

So after an extensive running in period,it’s now heading a load of an Accurascale Siphon G and 5 Hornby Colletts on my roundy tabletop and seems to be coping pretty well. It’s very quiet 

Photographic proof required, or else...!

Must say 7812 looks stonkingly fabulous in Suzy Sulzer's photo above 😉

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Trainsandtravel said:

I am very much looking forward to getting my 7812 and 7820! I am building my very first layout especially for these manor locomotives. Now just waiting for Accurascale to release some MK1 gangway coaches to go with them in chocolate & cream as I model model current period and my layout will be a heritage railway. 

Here is a question for Accurascale, 

How easy is it to fit the chain link couplings to this locomotive and what glue would you recommend for fitting them? 

I intend to use chain link couplings on my layout to improve the realism. 

Many thanks. 

You'll get much more detailed replies to this but in essence to use scale couplings there are specific products available from the kit building/scratch building side of the hobby that are functional. The scale couplings provided by Accurascale and others are essentially cosmetic. A small dot of super glue on the head of a pin into the hole in the bufferbeam is what I use for the cosmetics (having trial fitted them 'dry' first, sometimes the hole needs gently opening out)   :)

• Like 1