Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

Ahhh, fair enough. That's a shame then.

Hope you get it sorted out some how 👍

Thanks, I took a gamble on Fringford from Bure Valley only because of price, maybe if I had a YT channel with a big following as in the 37 thread maybe Accurascale would have stepped in.  off to the train room to play.

Edited by IOW O2
clearer

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, IOW O2 said:

Thanks, I took a gamble on Fringford from Bure Valley only because of price, maybe if I had a YT channel with a big following as in the 37 thread maybe Accurascale would have stepped in.  off to the train room to play.

Hi @IOW O2,

Nothing to do with a large YouTube following. If you could PM me your details I’ll sort you out when I’m back at the desk on Monday? While your retailer cannot replace the model due to weathering they could and should contact us first regarding a repair. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Seeing and listening to this beauty in the sunshine at the SVR today only served to remind me what a super model Accurascale have provided for our enjoyment…,

IMG_0199.jpeg.6fd14f809919bdfe8ec76b388ea047c3.jpeg

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 06/01/2024 at 15:20, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @IOW O2,........... If you could PM me your details I’ll sort you out when I’m back at the desk on Monday? While your retailer cannot replace the model due to weathering they could and should contact us first regarding a repair. 
Cheers!

Fran

Thanks  if this had been in mid October I would have taken up, but since then on and off I have played around myself so will have voided any warranty anyway.  Only opened tender up when ordinary running played up (stop/start) and found a dry solder on RH pickup wires to joint on board, so resoldered.

Happy to purchase a tender chassis (any version) without body if available as a part.  FWIW the retailer tested (up and down only) before purchase and posting so saw no problem running, so I went and weathered after that as I was getting nowwhere.  Cheers.

Edited by IOW O2
correct the month

On 06/01/2024 at 14:51, IOW O2 said:

Perhaps not quite, swapped tenders before started weathering Fringford, and heh ho, Torquay ran fine at slow speed, Fringf a dog, so something on Torquays PCB board or blanking plug amiss. 

So come on Accurascale - what is different on the Torquay Manor PCB - you must have an idea 'Fran'.  Do share it with us because at them moment Torquay Manor is a constant reminder of something not quite right.....

I could very well be wrong this its only a observation on my behalf but I've had 4 manors now. 2 from the first batch and 2 from the second. Both my first batch ones were bad runners an covered in glue so we're returned. My dinmore manor an draycott are perfect maybe a different factory as some of the extras were not fitted like the coal.

Kind regards Neil 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, B15nac said:

I could very well be wrong this its only a observation on my behalf but I've had 4 manors now. 2 from the first batch and 2 from the second. Both my first batch ones were bad runners an covered in glue so we're returned. My dinmore manor an draycott are perfect maybe a different factory as some of the extras were not fitted like the coal.

Kind regards Neil 

Hi Neil,

All our Manors were made in the same factory on the same production line by the same people using the same materials.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Silver Sidelines said:

So come on Accurascale - what is different on the Torquay Manor PCB - you must have an idea 'Fran'.  Do share it with us because at them moment Torquay Manor is a constant reminder of something not quite right.....

Hi @Silver Sidelines,

’Fran’? It’s my name! 

There is no difference, possibly just not something connected correctly on the PCB on one locomotive. It happens but we are helping out.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 06/01/2024 at 15:03, Fair Oak Junction said:

Ahhh, fair enough. That's a shame then.

Hope you get it sorted out some how 👍

Getting sorted by Accura. top notch.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just had the pleasure of seeing one of the Manor models in the flesh. The model itself is absolutely stunning, but what stood out to me was the size of the box.

I thought there was going to be two locos inside it! 😄 Although I probably shouldn't be surprised given the size of the box the chaldrons come in 😉

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 08/01/2024 at 20:56, Accurascale Fran said:

All our Manors were made in the same factory on the same production line by the same people using the same materials.

Practice makes perfect?

• Agree 1

On 08/01/2024 at 20:56, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Neil,

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran

The 2 batches were made separately though is this correct? Different practice with the coal load etc.

Kind regards Neil 

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, B15nac said:

Hi Fran

The 2 batches were made separately though is this correct? Different practice with the coal load etc.

Kind regards Neil 

The coal load was always supposed to be in the accessory bag, when the first production models arrived with it glued in we corrected the error mid assembly. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, NBL said:

I don't know how or why the guys at Accurascale put up with all the whining, whinging and sniping they get on here.

The service they provide is over and above all others, always seemingly available on here at all hours of the day, offering to help and indeed constantly repeating what to do if there is a problem.

But that doesn't seem good enough for some of the posters on these threads.

People, get a grip, stop the whinging, follow the processes set in place and give the guys a break. 

I think the problem is that certain people on here (not Accurascale themselves I hasten to add) set them up as the model railway equivalent of The Second Coming, which they were never going to be able to live up to!

So the Manors had a few problems,no more than Hornby,Dapol or anyone else, but the expectation had been built up to a level befitting the Emperor's New Clothes and there was a certain amount of smug satisfaction in some quarters that it wasn't all perfect

It seems to me that Accurascale have a good product and their engagement on here is second to none, but teething troubles are always just around the corner ,as is the British disease of 'Build em up to knock 'em down' ! 

I'm sure they are thick skinned enough to take fair criticism when offered and pragmatic enough to know that they will never please all the people all of the time 

• Like 8
  • Agree 8

Having recently fitted one (other decoder ordered) of my manors with crew and DCC, I can say how.much of a difference it makes. It really brings out their fantastic performance, it is now probably one of the best locos in my collection. Really looking forward to the 50s even more now!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The one I looked at yesterday wasn't perfect. There is a visible glue spot on one of the smokebox handrail knobs (easily hidden with weathering) and it was one where the coal had been glued in, and when removed had took some of the bunker detailing with it (fixed now). But it's still a superb model! No company is perfect, but Accurascale are still up there with the best.

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just another wee heads up - there will be a guide to converting our Manor to EM in a forthcoming edition of Model Railway Journal (teaser in the next issue I believe!)

I wont spoil the content by saying how easy, intermediate or difficult it was to do, but just giving a heads up as some modellers on here and elsewhere had previously asked if it was possible. 

When I hear which edition it will be in I shall report back.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 4