Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

i finally got a model of 7819 Hinton Manor.  But it wasn’t plain sailing as I ordered it from my local shop (Model Railway Solutions), when announced.  I was eagerly waiting a call from MRS, but when I did it was to say that they had ordered x3 GWR Manors but had been sent x3 BR Black examples (which they hadn’t ordered).  So they advised Accurascale of their error and after x2 weeks of waiting for a reply.  They were told that all GWR Sound Manors were sold out and they would not be getting any more.  So MRS were good enough to find me another model on the internet, which I bought (hence the video above).  Funnily enough Accurascale did get some more Sound Manors (Possibly a Warehouse Find). But by then I had got mine. 
The model is beautiful and the best RTR Steam Loco (that I have seen).

But as for Accurascale I do find it confusing that they say that they are out of stock and won’t be getting any more.  Only to get more in the following week.  Maybe time to ditch the Abacus Stock system and get a computerised system. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

i finally got a model of 7819 Hinton Manor.  But it wasn’t plain sailing as I ordered it from my local shop (Model Railway Solutions), when announced.  I was eagerly waiting a call from MRS, but when I did it was to say that they had ordered x3 GWR Manors but had been sent x3 BR Black examples (which they hadn’t ordered).  So they advised Accurascale of their error and after x2 weeks of waiting for a reply.  They were told that all GWR Sound Manors were sold out and they would not be getting any more.  So MRS were good enough to find me another model on the internet, which I bought (hence the video above).  Funnily enough Accurascale did get some more Sound Manors (Possibly a Warehouse Find). But by then I had got mine. 
The model is beautiful and the best RTR Steam Loco (that I have seen).

But as for Accurascale I do find it confusing that they say that they are out of stock and won’t be getting any more.  Only to get more in the following week.  Maybe time to ditch the Abacus Stock system and get a computerised system. 

Sorry to hear that. Retailers always get exactly what they order and we always release stock a few weeks after landing once all retailers and preorders are shipped. This stock is tracked it’s just items that were on preorder and are released when the ordering party doesn’t complete the order (decides to cancel or doesn’t pay or circumstances change) as well as a little overhead we build into every run. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

Not true at all.  Ask Steve the owner of MRS and he will put you right.  

Not wishing to argue in public but perhaps Steve needs to clarify for you as we pride ourselves on retailers getting exactly and 100% of what they order and I looked into the account before replying above. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, McC said:

Not wishing to argue in public but perhaps Steve needs to clarify for you as we pride ourselves on retailers getting exactly and 100% of what they order and I looked into the account before replying above. 

Likewise not wanting to argue in public.  But I have known Steve for a good 10 years plus, and always has seemed trustworthy and truthful.  Have ordered countless items from him and his team in the past and always get good service.  Very proud of our local model shop.

• RMweb Gold
On 12/12/2023 at 18:42, Melangoose said:

Likewise not wanting to argue in public.  But I have known Steve for a good 10 years plus, and always has seemed trustworthy and truthful.  Have ordered countless items from him and his team in the past and always get good service.  Very proud of our local model shop.

Hi @Melangoose,

It is not about trustworthy and truthful, it's more that people on one, or indeed both sides can make mistakes or be mistaken is all. We are always here to support retailers in whatever way we can. Overall we're delighted that you got your model and well done on Steve for securing that for you. Enjoy it, it really does look splendid on your layout.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Melangoose,

It is not about trustworthy and truthful, it's more that people on one, or indeed both sides can make mistakes or be mistaken is all. We are always here to support retailers in whatever way we can. Overall we're delighted that you got your model and well done on Steve for securing that for you. Enjoy it, it really does look splendid on your layout.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thank you Fran

• 2 weeks later...

Hats off to Accurascale. After having an issue with the stay-alive on 7800 "Torquay Manor" I was persuaded to return it on warranty for repair. Yesterday (23rd December) loco made a return to my local shop. A replacement loco was received and the stay-alive works. Thank you Accurascale

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Fire box glow turn on issue.

I'm having trouble turning on the firebox glow. My DCC system is a Prodigy advance two, loco instructions show firebox glow on AUX 1 which my handset doesn't appear to have. I do have a ACC button which has a on off function however this wont turn on the firebox glow. I have tried both the main and program track. Has anyone else encountered this problem ? If so any guidance would be most welcome please. 

Craig

6 minutes ago, duff man said:

Fire box glow turn on issue.

I'm having trouble turning on the firebox glow. My DCC system is a Prodigy advance two, loco instructions show firebox glow on AUX 1 which my handset doesn't appear to have. I do have a ACC button which has a on off function however this wont turn on the firebox glow. I have tried both the main and program track. Has anyone else encountered this problem ? If so any guidance would be most welcome please. 

Craig

You need to use the F number given in the manual to turn it on.

The acc button on your handset is for operating points etc.

EDIT : Just looked at mine and theres no specific button.

Is yours factory sound fitted? If so Does it come n with F8 coal shovelling?

Mine has a Dapol imperium and the firebox comes on as soon as power is applied.

Edited by meatloaf

Hi Meatloaf, Manor is sorted. I did a reset and tried F8 and the fire box glow was on. So many thanks for your help, I just don't understand why the sound list supplied makes no mention of this had this been the case I would of picked up on it at the beginning. I don't at this stage have any idea what I did wrong main thing is it's sorted.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 03/01/2024 at 21:07, IOW O2 said:

Thanks, was going direct to Accura. for Fringford till I saw this earlier so snapped one up from Bure £140 all in.😃

Arrived today, and very pleased to post that Fringford runs beautifully (DC on Gaugemaster controllers) straight out the box as a model should, unlike Torquay, as earlier posts, which in comparison is a dog.  No jackrabbit (or should that be Buckjumper 😆) starts like Torquay. Weathering tomorrow.  All my theories on Torquay now void.

IMG_3131.JPG

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, IOW O2 said:

All my theories on Torquay now void.

Perhaps not quite, swapped tenders before started weathering Fringford, and heh ho, Torquay ran fine at slow speed, Fringf a dog, so something on Torquays PCB board or blanking plug amiss.  As my earlier posts in October retailer wouldn't play ball initially and esp having now weathered it.

Like on the 37 thread it would be handy if the manufacturer would with proof of purchase allow return to them for repair rather than faff with retailer, esp when they won't play ball.

Edited by IOW O2
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, IOW O2 said:

As my earlier posts in October retailer won't play ball having now weathered it.

Similar situation described in the Class 37 thread. Have you contacted Accurascale themselves about it?

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/149301-class-37-by-accurascale/?do=findComment&comment=5389758

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Fair Oak Junction said:

Similar situation described in the Class 37 thread. Have you contacted Accurascale themselves about it?

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/149301-class-37-by-accurascale/?do=findComment&comment=5389758

Ha ha, I just added some extra info to above, yes but they said go back to retailer (who is not a box shifter).  Hornby and Bachmann allow this, which is why my blue WR 37 is direct with Accurascale, no more faff if there was an issue.

• Friendly/supportive 1