Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

I'm hoping Rapido don't go in hard on GWR stuff... already got the 15xx, all 3 types of small prairie, auto coach, TOAD etc. The rest of their range is beautifully varied.

Did I hear a rumour of some more projects being announced at Warley?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm really looking forward to their Jones Goods .  And if that is successful there are lots of other iconic Scottish locos  , a Glen  , for instance.   But I would also like to see a 303 or Glasgow Blue Train . yes its a three car unit but really the driving trailers are the same so its just two coaches really . Also iconic , lots of liveries .  In days when a class of 2 electric locos in the North East can be made - surely there's a chance 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend said:

...iconic Scottish locos, a Glen ...

Such a pretty class, and unusual as a mixed trafic 4-4-0, 'fits' alongside the very neat J36 from Hornby. 

One of the many neglected aspects of the UK railway network, and here's some more. 

GNR/LNER/BR J6 0-6-0. Despite a positive army of Doncaster wide firebox power there's never been a GNR freight tender design smaller than 6MT! This neat little 0-6-0 would be very welcome.

NER/LNER/BR B16 4-6-0. Seen all over the LNER and ER main line network up to the end of steam, and plenty more where that came from.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, alexl102 said:

I'm hoping Rapido don't go in hard on GWR stuff... already got the 15xx, all 3 types of small prairie, auto coach, TOAD etc. The rest of their range is beautifully varied.

Did I hear a rumour of some more projects being announced at Warley?

What auto coach?  I came over all uneccessary for a mo just then; you mean the Dapol N, don't you?...

I look forward to Rap's announcement of an A10 at Warley.  And then I'll wake up...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Would a class 502 EMU interest anyone? Introduced in the late thirties in full LMS coach deep red livery. Then with nationalisation both MU green and malachite with various types of yellow panels (or none at all). Then rail blue followed by blue/grey in their final years. They were two car units with only a driving motor car and driving trailer.

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Would a class 502 EMU interest anyone? Introduced in the late thirties in full LMS coach deep red livery. Then with nationalisation both MU green and malachite with various types of yellow panels (or none at all). Then rail blue followed by blue/grey in their final years. They were two car units with only a driving motor car and driving trailer.

Where did they operate?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

Yes a GWR TOAD BRAKE VAN .In British railways Bauxite livery .The Bachmann version is dated .the Rapido version has separate handrails.

Ah, got it, it's the livery you want....

Actually, I still have a couple of Mainline ones in the mix, and from 30-or so inches away, The differences between the grey version and my new Rapido one are surprisingly unobtrusive at that distance, including the moulded handrails on the 1970s model!   

John

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Ah, got it, it's the livery you want....

Actually, I still have a couple of Mainline ones in the mix, and from 30-or so inches away, The differences between the grey version and my new Rapido one are surprisingly unobtrusive at that distance, including the moulded handrails on the 1970s model!   

John

In this day & age ,manufactures have a suit of tooling to suit the variants . In this case possibly the chassis . We dont want to detract away from my request.

Edited by Suzy Sulzer
added too
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

In this day & age ,manufactures have a suit of tooling to suit the variants . In this case possibly the chassis . We dont want to detract away from my request.

It's bound to happen, and Rapido will undoubtedly have further versions of their Toad "in the programme", but I think they are currently still at the stage of broadening their range rather than deepening it.

• Agree 1

If I had to choose it would be a pre grouping 0-6-0 goods engine, like the DX goods and 17in coal engines of the LNWR, and the Iffracombe goods of the Stephenson empire (which would go with the manning wardles).

There’s been releases for the Caledonian and Highland railways, how about the NBR 224 and 420? And the H class, which is a nice looking machine and would give us another Atlantic in 00.

Edited by Rich Uncle Skeleton
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Following on from the previous post, another vote for the Beyer-Peacock Ilfracombe Goods beloved of the Colonel and used on several of his light railways. IIRC, the LSWR wasn't the only railway that bought them new, though tenders may well have differed.

Continuing the theme, and having seen a kit-built set (albeit in 7mm scale) at Taunton Railex earlier today, a pair of those quirky railcars made out of Model T Fords, would make a brilliant partner to it.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

I am hoping in a couple of years (my wallet can't handle any sooner) Rapido complete the 'Leeds' set with a Hudswell Clarke (either a Wissington-style saddle tank, a PLA-type side tank or even a nice little 0-4-0) and a Kitson S&L 0-6-0ST as per Conway/Caernavon/Colwyn et al

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1