Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

Or an L&Y engine, or the ship canal tank, or the Old Gents Saloon, maybe a dreadnought, or an N2, or a 57xx, or the Manning Wardle that appeared in the TV version, but what about the new film? So many possibilities....

Or maybe its just none of them and is just three kids waving at a train?

Happy Friday.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Another suggestion for new locomotive models.

North British Scott (D30) and Glen (D34)

Both ran in Pre-Grouping, Grouping and B.R. days plus the Glen is preserved. They therefore cover a wide time scale plus were also spread over a large geographic area.

Main difference is in the driving wheel size (Scott, 6 foot 6 inches and Glen, 6 foot). Other differences are internal and not seen therefore two models for the cost of one and a small fraction.

They are well requested to manufacturers and with attractive names are sure to be commercially viable with the advantage of repeat sales with such a variety of names available.

30.D3062418ThePirate(1).JPG.3dea31fe7a65bfd2a32d99c081ce2257.JPG

D3462487GlenArklet(14).JPG.eacbd8aaed52806223d0798fec2e8c23.JPG

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

On 27/10/2023 at 16:31, rapidoandy said:

Or an L&Y engine, or the ship canal tank, or the Old Gents Saloon, maybe a dreadnought, or an N2, or a 57xx, or the Manning Wardle that appeared in the TV version, but what about the new film? So many possibilities....

Happy Friday.

On 26/10/2023 at 18:29, David jennings said:

Please can we have a Manchester Ship Canal 0-6-0 Hudswell Clarke tank engine ?

The MSC tanks would
a) fit with Andy's link to Middleton
b) fit with the Railway Children hint (if it is such...)

c) offer two different body styles and multiple liveries for one chassis
d) add a Hudswell Clarke to the Hunslet and Manning Wardle

e) force me to decide between an MSC tank and a MW L-Class, or hope my wife isn't looking at the Credit Card bill.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 27/10/2023 at 12:31, rapidoandy said:

Happy Friday.

Oh oh oh - I'm so bloody excited! I suggested something from Railway Children a few months (years) ago, based on your relationship with Studio Canal and the fact that many of those have not been done.

Was it you, or someone else, who had an affection for the MSC engine? Learned to fire on it or something?

Rooting for the L&Y Class 25 or the MSC industrial tank.

Bloody excited. Take my money now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Come to think of it, how about a 4-4-2 Tilbury tank. Although there were several 'improved' versions over the years the basics such as the frame and wheels were common to most versions with only the cab and side tanks changed. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Given the recent hint on Rapido's SM accounts about an engine to shunt the SECR stock I think we've been had - maybe the Railway Children reference is actually not anything to do with the 1970 Railway Children and everything to do with the 2000 version, filmed on the Bluebell Railway? In which case the SECR C-Class would be a very strong candidate being the only SECR loco involved in that film.

image.png.c9016ef7c5460aa8cdcc9ca22f74ca14.png

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, alexl102 said:

Given the recent hint on Rapido's SM accounts about an engine to shunt the SECR stock I think we've been had - maybe the Railway Children reference is actually not anything to do with the 1970 Railway Children and everything to do with the 2000 version, filmed on the Bluebell Railway? In which case the SECR C-Class would be a very strong candidate being the only SECR loco involved in that film.

image.png.c9016ef7c5460aa8cdcc9ca22f74ca14.png

I'll be disappointed if that's the case. First, desperate for an L&YR Class 25 and the MSC tank. Second, Bachmann did a great job of the SECR C-Class, I don't see the need to duplicate?

Hopefully (for me) they have a few projects in the hopper and this is not connected to the apparent railway children teaser. Wonder if it's an O1 (also at Bluebell)?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/10/2023 at 17:19, Wickham Green too said:

Most definitely a gap in the market

Indeed.  Lots of livery variation; LSWR, SR, BR(S) and BR, so plenty of opportunity to make some wedge from anyone modelling the 20th Century.  There's also the pull-push rebuilds and of course departmental (I've seen more images of these than any other), some even made it on to the S&D.

Edited by Tim Dubya
Coffee
  • Like 1

If my decoding is correct (and it has been fun to try and decode even if I’m wrong) today may be the day we see the materialisation of the Hawksworth County the Rapido crew have previously hinted at! They did post a link to Soul Limbo on their Facebook page earlier this week, so that I’m guessing that brings us to Test Match Special, to Cricket, to County Cricket to, Counties! 

The O1 seems a fairly safe bet given the previous newsletter hints and aforementioned facebook post too.

Looking forward to 12 noon and the announcement either way!

Edited by SRyan
  • Like 2

Ooooof, this will be a hard one.

No L&YR Class 25 or MSC tank as hoped, so should have been an easy day on the credit card. But I love the J52s - have a treasured Hornby example in GNR green (pure rule 1). These look fantastic. May have to sleep on it.

• Like 1