Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

The Bluebell have named several locos - Bluebell and Primrose. Nettle was also used but i'm not sure if it ever got applied to a loco. As a result we thought we would continue the theme with Bramble...

• Like 4

On 09/01/2024 at 13:08, rapidoandy said:

The Bluebell have named several locos - Bluebell and Primrose. Nettle was also used but i'm not sure if it ever got applied to a loco. As a result we thought we would continue the theme with Bramble...

image.png.01a4583f826411375ab9ee6856ca0ab1.png

image.png.4e0be613d1b37f87a38ef02f66c731de.png

image.png.36f7ec73eee587bbccb2ef06a4c187ab.png

• Funny 4

• 3 weeks later...

In the news:

image.png.ce8df558b7d9be80484a29e30b352870.png

Quote:

Shortly after the New Year, we put out a post on our Social Media pages. It was meant to be a bit of fun, but suffice it to say, it got a bit more attention than we expected. As a homage to the absolutely stunning blue livery that the Bluebell Railway has painted on SECR P Class 323 Bluebell, we thought we would have a crack at replicating it onto our upcoming O1, and in keeping with the railway's fleet of flora and fauna-based loco names we would pick an appropriate shrubbery (cue a few moments of Monty Python quotes in the office) to name it. With the various extensions the railway has seen over the years, we are sure the staff are very familiar with brambles.

The community reaction to this was unexpected: you absolutely loved it! We mulled it over and had a word with the folks at the Bluebell Railway Preservation Society to ensure we could reproduce their crest on the side of the loco. We are pleased to say they agreed, and we are excited to announce that SECR O1 No.65 Bramble in ‘what if’ Bluebell Railway blue livery is now available to pre-order.

All I can really say to that is...

RavingSnape.jpg.07523928f3434c8a2e742a42c7667817.jpg

• Like 2

On 08/01/2024 at 11:35, alexl102 said:

I suspect that this particular post may have been partially intended to gauge interest for a potential Ltd Ed model... it's too good to have spent that long designing for no reason!

I’m just going to leave this here… 😄

Edited by alexl102
  • Like 3

On 27/01/2024 at 13:09, whart57 said:

This is the sort of thing you expect to see on April 1st. Worrying to have it on social media now.

Why is it worrying? 

Rapido UK have, from day 1, been a company that likes to have a bit of fun. They generally make it very clear when they’re having a laugh with us - and this livery was originally clearly marked as a ‘rejected’. But they’ve listened to public opinion and decided to make the model as it’s proven so popular. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

On 27/01/2024 at 13:09, whart57 said:

This is the sort of thing you expect to see on April 1st. Worrying to have it on social media now.

Donald Trump. That's something worrying on social media.

This announcement, not so much!

Anyway, it's a genuine pre-order offer, they took my money!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi,

Have you considered a SR Bulleid Wagon or a SR Engineers’ wagon?

Thanks Fred

IRM/Accurascale already there 😜

IRM_Bulleid.jpg.b89b573198ba241dfcba7e300c5312d8.jpg

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, 247 Developments said:

in the mag for the Doncaster show I see a fireless loco

Oh really? Should that come with a spoiler alert?

It would be too small for my O gauge layout, sadly. But some prototype info on fireless locos can be found in my thread here:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Jeff Smith said:

Do you think it would be a big seller?

Industrial locomotives seem to be big sellers whether steam or diesel. An ideal fireless prototype would be the one built by Andrew Barclay, production of which exceeded all other builders put together.