Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Based on my experience having to remove the body to change the DCC chip in my NIR DBSO removing the body is absurdly easy compared to some other manufacturers.  I literally managed to pop off the body using my thumbnails to unclip from the chassis clips.  I imagine the BR models are just as easy to disentangle.  The lighting bar is fed by two copper prongs so no leads to unplug, Bachmann take note.

I think Bachmann have shares in a screw manufacturer. So much nicer to just unclip a body, especially when something goes amiss and you need to take the body off again. 

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

The convex bumps on one coach match into the concave bumps on the next coach, helping to maintain corridor alignment for passenger comfort.

No, those "bumps" are the holes where the rivets that secure the ferosbestos rubbing plate to the gangway faceplate.  The holes at top are for the Flexor units that hold the top of the gangway in the correct position , the inner end is fixed to the coach body the outer on the faceplate. MK I,2 &3 gangways have no physical method of alignment, they just rub together and the hight is controlled by ride height or on mk3 by the coupler height.

Edited by 45125
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 96701 said:

The body on my Bachmann Class 105 is clipped on.

I don’t know why they didn’t think it’s such a great idea for their locos. The new 47 has 2 screws under the cabs that are nigh impossible to get a screwdriver onto straight without removing the bogie frames and the 8 on the 37… Anyhow heading back on topic, Accurascale bodies come off nice and easily. 

A quick question to @McC , @Accurascale Fran and their research team, plus anyone else who may know.

My NSE rake is based on a haulage I had in May 1991 which used a 6 car Eastleigh allocated rake which included a Mk2B FK as well as a Mk2A BFK. From looking at photographs at that time it is very difficult to tell whether the first class coaches kept their curtains after the partial facelift around 1990. It doesn't help that curtains were never fitted by the windows on the corridor side anyway.

So, as I am modelling after the facelift, should I add the curtains to my first class coaches on the compartment side or not?

Many thanks.

Edited by Flood
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Good pic of the coach, IIRC the curtains were subject to quite a bit of abuse being used to wipe hands or worse in the latter days - slipping in social standards !! The first comp looks to have a declassified sticker  - a standard stock item among some hoover followers back in the day, other loco classes available!! 

• Funny 3

10 hours ago, 97406 said:

I don’t know why they didn’t think it’s such a great idea for their locos. The new 47 has 2 screws under the cabs that are nigh impossible to get a screwdriver onto straight without removing the bogie frames and the 8 on the 37… Anyhow heading back on topic, Accurascale bodies come off nice and easily. 

A tip for replacing these hard to access screws on the Bachmann 47. Get a thin strip of thin card or heavy paper. Push the screw through it, locate the screw and screw it in almost fully. Pull on the card/paper to remove it then fully tighten the screw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Melton Works said:

Looks like Model Railways Direct have some MK2Bs in stock for those of you who begrudge paying inflated prices on Ebay! 

Patience is a virtue!

Screenshot_20240314-132708_Chrome.jpg

Cheers for that. NSE liveried Hornby 2A's coming to eBay soon!

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

indeed, i was speaking to my local today to check in the coach deliveries. they had to pay the invoice months ago and still no product, without even a delivery date. in my opinion AS do not look after the retailers, maybe the couple of big ones. not that it matters as the push is to direct selling which no one has an issue with on this forum seemingly.

Hi folks,

As ever, there are two sides to every story. While it has been quite laborious getting the Mark 2 coaches here and out to everyone, we also appreciate we can always do better, but we look after all retailers equally and are working to make their lives A LOT easier going forwards. It is also worth remembering that we were direct selling first, rather than retailer based who switched to selling direct. We opened to retailers at their numerous and continuous request to do so. Selling direct allows us to keep prices keen for the consumer while still offering retailers an excellent margin while offering real value for their customers, but that is a conversation for another day, and as it's Business to Business relationship, not something for a public forum. 

If any of your retailers have a grumble, encourage them to reach out to us direct via email, rather than suffering in silence. We are always here to help best we can.

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1

Can i just pass on a massive thanks to you folks on this cracking forum. Ive just ordered 5 Inter City Blue grey liveried coaches from Model Railways Direct. Speaking to Jo at the company they were selling like hotcakes as i was placing my order. A testament to the popularity of these coaches and to Accurascale for producing them. They look absolutely superb and i cant wait to get them delivered and to put them to use on my layout. 

Once again, thanks for the 'heads up' from people on the forum and its what makes it worthwhile being a part of this community of like minded individuals.

Top marks to the team at Accurascale. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

As ever, there are two sides to every story. While it has been quite laborious getting the Mark 2 coaches here and out to everyone, we also appreciate we can always do better, but we look after all retailers equally and are working to make their lives A LOT easier going forwards. It is also worth remembering that we were direct selling first, rather than retailer based who switched to selling direct. We opened to retailers at their numerous and continuous request to do so. Selling direct allows us to keep prices keen for the consumer while still offering retailers an excellent margin while offering real value for their customers, but that is a conversation for another day, and as it's Business to Business relationship, not something for a public forum. 

If any of your retailers have a grumble, encourage them to reach out to us direct via email, rather than suffering in silence. We are always here to help best we can.

Cheers!

Fran 

hi Fran, thank you for the response, you say all the right things, proof will be in the pudding as they in the longer term.

the coaches look fab and i'm looking forward to them, as to the other stuff mentioned, i see it slightly differently but that's just my opinion, anyway back to coaches ta

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

Model Railways Direct......................Just ordered 4 Intercity mk2b's.

Beats paying £120 per coach on Ebay.

Thanks for the 'Heads up'

They're down to 5 or less per type now.

EDIT: crikey the one I ordered an hour ago has been shipped

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jonnyuk said:

indeed, i was speaking to my local today to check in the coach deliveries. they had to pay the invoice months ago and still no product, without even a delivery date. in my opinion AS do not look after the retailers, maybe the couple of big ones. not that it matters as the push is to direct selling which no one has an issue with on this forum seemingly.

And you know this how?

AS started off selling direct, that doesn't fit with your narrative does it?

I suggest you stop posting your fantasies until you have the full insight of Accurascales business practices.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jonnyuk said:

not that it matters as the push is to direct selling which no one has an issue with on this forum seemingly.

I don't have a problem with AS or anyone else doing it that way when that's their original business model, and any retailers signing up later down the line know the score from day 1. A very different kettle of fish to Hornby going that way.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Picked up some of mine from Paul at Alton Model Centre this afternoon. Wow, wow and thrice wow, they are fantastic. The stay alive works so well that you can take it off the track and put it back into its beautiful box before the lights go off. IMHO the lighting is just right, not like some carnival procession that some manufacturers deliver. Well done Accurascale, I think its possible to say that if you normally deal with your local model shop you can have full confidence when you order an Accurascale model that it will arrive with a flourish. Looking forward to the next batch, hopefully some in the later NSE darker blue!

all the best 

a very happy Godfrey

• Like 7

We still have one ACC2668-FK13511 BR Mk2B FK First Corridor W13511, BR Blue & Grey (InterCity) Livery in stock, but the box is split and torn at one end.  We will be happy to sell it in the condition it is in if anyone needs it,  the coach itself is in perfect condition.  If you are interested, you will need to call on 01275 774224 us between 10am and 4pm Tuesday to Friday to purchase this one.

The ACC2668 has now been sold, some other coaches are still available, our website has up to date stock information.

Model Railways Direct

Edited by markburley
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Model Railways Direct......................Just ordered 4 Intercity mk2b's.

Beats paying £120 per coach on Ebay.

Thanks for the 'Heads up'

Yes ordered 4 NSE MK2b TSO. Saw those NSE ones on Ebay! I know I'm itching to get my hands on them, but worth waiting for these 😊

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, markburley said:

We still have one ACC2668-FK13511 BR Mk2B FK First Corridor W13511, BR Blue & Grey (InterCity) Livery in stock, but the box is split and torn at one end.  We will be happy to sell it in the condition it is in if anyone needs it,  the coach itself is in perfect condition.  If you are interested, you will need to call on 01275 774224 us between 10am and 4pm Tuesday to Friday to purchase this one.

Model Railways Direct

Hope this has helped?...

Screenshot_20240314-132708_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NBL said:

And you know this how?

AS started off selling direct, that doesn't fit with your narrative does it?

I suggest you stop posting your fantasies until you have the full insight of Accurascales business practices.

Excuse me, it’s my opinion not a fantasy, I’m going on what a local shop has said to me and my own observations. It’s forum members like your self that jump on anyone saying anything even remotely against AS that stifles debate, opinion and comment.

I was not rude, aggressive and clearly stated it was my opnion. I even said I was looking forward to receiving product from AS, they make great stuff and I’ve always said that.

You will not stop me posting my opinion, only the forum admins will do that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

I suspect Rails have had or are about to have a delivery of Mk2bs as I've just found a debit on my credit card for some NSE 2bs.  As I made a pre-order of some 2cs at the same time, can I ask Accurascale if there is an ETA for the 2c models?

I'm not impatient, I just need to make sure they are paid for!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

I suspect Rails have had or are about to have a delivery of Mk2bs as I've just found a debit on my credit card for some NSE 2bs.  As I made a pre-order of some 2cs at the same time, can I ask Accurascale if there is an ETA for the 2c models?

I'm not impatient, I just need to make sure they are paid for!

https://accurascale.com/status

The factory are underway with them and delivery remains on schedule 👍

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1