Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Yes and I’ve just tried one. The moulding doesn’t have a locking handle though as available on the MJT etch.

They are modelled in the unlocked position as part of the gangway IIRC.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

My Accurascale Siphon G arrived today, seen here behind another recent acquisition, a second hand Bachmann 6937 Conyngham Hall.

52923439318_446754ef17_o.jpg

Wow did that ever happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My four Blue ones arrived today, and I've just had a proper look at them - they really are very nice. And with so many detail differences between them; wonderful! 

So, two for my Newspaper set, one each side of a Mk1 BSK, and two for general parcels traffic. I can't really justify more than that, given the overall size of my NPCCS fleet, but I returned to the Accurascale website for a couple more regardless!

Roll on the class 31s.... 

Edited by HillsideDepot
To add final thought
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My recently ordered pair are on their way, my three paid for last year are not yet. I suspect that it is to do with what is in that pre-order (2 newspapers and an Enparts)?

Still no hurry, I will have two to play with tomorrow 🙂

Roy

• RMweb Gold

I can only echo what has already been said… absolutely stunning models! 

The only issue I have is with the supplied tension lock couplings. They are rather large! I have to use them as the rest of my NPCCS uses them …. I won’t be running long rakes of Siphons.

So have replaced them with Bachmann short straight tension locks which I reckon close the gap by about 3mm… still a compromise, but better.

ED90B635-4E83-4AB2-A679-7BD25E8C2278.jpeg.872555c82ca0e1495b9567415c7eecc9.jpeg5D5C8068-0CB2-45AF-A4F2-F9A87913DFFE.jpeg.c6d9ccde974647c3b15ac878a6053aea.jpeg

Thanks for superb models Accurascale… you have raised the bar once again! 

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

My recently ordered pair are on their way, my three paid for last year are not yet. I suspect that it is to do with what is in that pre-order (2 newspapers and an Enparts)?

Still no hurry, I will have two to play with tomorrow 🙂

Roy

I've 2 blue W1023 & W2768W plus an Enparts on order since July as haven't heard anything yet so I suspect the Enparts one might be the "delay" issue. Hope there will enough blues ones left 🤞

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

I've 2 blue W1023 & W2768W plus an Enparts on order since July as haven't heard anything yet so I suspect the Enparts one might be the "delay" issue. Hope there will enough blues ones left 🤞

I have no concerns about them not coming, it seems stock management is another one of Accurascale’s strengths. 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

I can only echo what has already been said… absolutely stunning models! 

The only issue I have is with the supplied tension lock couplings. They are rather large! I have to use them as the rest of my NPCCS uses them …. I won’t be running long rakes of Siphons.

So have replaced them with Bachmann short straight tension locks which I reckon close the gap by about 3mm… still a compromise, but better.

ED90B635-4E83-4AB2-A679-7BD25E8C2278.jpeg.872555c82ca0e1495b9567415c7eecc9.jpeg5D5C8068-0CB2-45AF-A4F2-F9A87913DFFE.jpeg.c6d9ccde974647c3b15ac878a6053aea.jpeg

Thanks for superb models Accurascale… you have raised the bar once again! 

Thanks! The included magnetic couplers will close that gap to about 1mm or so 

• Like 3

Mine turned up yesterday - to echo other comments, it’s a great model with stunning detail, and my rail blue W2768W looks great. 

Delivery was very quick after I received the notification it was on its way. On receiving the DHL notification, it didn’t say what it was, simply it was my order from Tradesupply, Birmingham - as with others, I have had lots of spam phishing delivery notices in the past so I was somewhat wary of clicking on these - however I realised what it was as soon as the delivery driver appeared on the doorstep!! (I had two other sets of unrelated items in transit at the same time so hadn’t a clue which one the Accurascale was and there was no mention of Accurascale on the DHL emails!!!). 

IMG_3999.jpeg.2f4088b19182497b24e528df2e72ffdd.jpeg

IMG_3995.jpeg.401231c4f02875d68fdc32ecd899a096.jpeg

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, McC said:

Thanks! The included magnetic couplers will close that gap to about 1mm or so 

Yes indeed and great if you are running several Siphons together …. Which I probably won’t be. 

But they do look very good! I shall be trialling them for another purpose… on other bogie vehicles that don’t have cinematic coupling mounts. Will they be joining the other magnetic couplings in the accessories range I wonder? Might eventually fit them to all my NPCCS ….

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

Mine turned up yesterday - to echo other comments, it’s a great model with stunning detail, and my rail blue W2768W looks great. 

Delivery was very quick after I received the notification it was on its way. On receiving the DHL notification, it didn’t say what it was, simply it was my order from The Trade Centre, Birmingham - as with others, I have had lots of spam phishing delivery notices in the past so I was somewhat wary of clicking on these - however I realised what it was as soon as the delivery driver appeared on the doorstep!! (I had two other sets of unrelated items in transit at the same time so hadn’t a clue which one the Accurascale was!!!). 

If it helps you should always get a dispatch and tracking notice from us too as well as tracking links in your account area and the support widget when logged in (following the link also gives you access to DHLs tools to hold or redirect the parcel if needed) Hope that helps!

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, McC said:

If it helps you should always get a dispatch and tracking notice from us too as well as tracking links in your account area and the support widget when logged in (following the link also gives you access to DHLs tools to hold or redirect the parcel if needed) Hope that helps!

I did receive the initial Accurascale email notification but to be fair did not press the tracking button or log into my account. The former may sound daft, but my experience with other firms is some of these link you to another 3rd party intermediary, which then require you to create an account with them or the shipping company, which I don’t want to do as there are multiple firms which organisations I order from use. Thanks for the advice though, useful to know for the other Accurascale products I have on order. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

Delivery was very quick after I received the notification it was on its way. On receiving the DHL notification, it didn’t say what it was, simply it was my order from The Trade Centre, Birmingham - as with others, I have had lots of spam phishing delivery notices in the past so I was somewhat wary of clicking on these - however I realised what it was as soon as the delivery driver appeared on the doorstep!! (I had two other sets of unrelated items in transit at the same time so hadn’t a clue which one the Accurascale was!!!). 

Useful to see how good a match the AS and (I assume) Bachmann BR blue is

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Apologies for asking this, if it's been answered somewhere back in the last 28 pages, but which of the models would be appropriate for the 1968 - 1974 period?

If i'm right in assuming, Newspapers labelling only started being applied from the late 70's onwards, so definitely not those, but would I be OK with those in blue with TOPS codings (NMV, NNV)?

Obviously I could have one or two very heavily weathered Maroon or Carmine/Crimson examples?

• RMweb Gold

Talk about bits falling off in the box 😉A52DD86E-1EBC-44D1-BABF-0956512E8054.jpeg.202110af76e085f2361aadef218273b3.jpeg

impressed with the ease of taking it apart, chassis popped out with minimal difficulty and all glazing while well secured could be removed with a screwdriver and a small amount of pressure.   One corridor was partially out on arrival, would have been an easy fix pushing back in, but seeing as I wanted them off anyway I just finished the job.  I don’t think the corridors are glued in place, so it will be easy to remove to retrofit flexible ones if desired.

Will try some IPA on the lettering next, followed by brown paint…

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit of 70% IPA and a blunted cocktail stick, 10 seconds of work and the W is gone from the number.   I will probably still remove the rest of the number before weathering, but it makes the early BR issue back to GWR very quick in case anyone is interested 

IMG_6758.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Perils of old age! I ordered one last week, having forgotten that I placed an order a while back. So, two delivered today. You'd think, with all that choice, I might have accidentally ordered two different ones - but, no, i've bought two identical ones! (CJL)

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Useful to see how good a match the AS and (I assume) Bachmann BR blue is

Yes it’s good - not exact but the appearance of both are strongly affected by lighting but in any case, the Bachmann 03 finish has slightly more sheen to it. Certainly fine in a rake of mixed NPCCS stock with other rail blue items. As stated in previous posts discussing the blue, different cameras represent differently but mine seems to give a good representation of how it looks (to me) in natural (reasonably bright) light. I’m very pleased with it. Runs nicely as well. 

Another request for those magnetic couplings to be made available for purchase. My Siphon G is likely to appear with a DMU, parcels unit or in a loco hauled parcels train so fitting a limited amount of other stock would be feasible. 

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, VIA185 said:

Perils of old age! I ordered one last week, having forgotten that I placed an order a while back. So, two delivered today. You'd think, with all that choice, I might have accidentally ordered two different ones - but, no, i've bought two identical ones! (CJL)

Wait till they have sold out and make a killing on ebay!

Roy

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

On 24/05/2023 at 21:35, Not Jeremy said:

That is a wonderful photograph, did you take it yourself or do you know where it originated please?

Simon

I cannot remember where it came from. Either I, or one of my friends will have picked it up at some show or steam event. 

Mike Wiltshire