Hornby West Country in purple (Elizabeth II)

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, tommyliam021 said:

DBFA5DA0-A210-47F7-8F6D-692F10193A2F.jpeg.16d425608c0267435ae24f453cf3c642.jpegI’m assuming I’m not the only ones who’s model has got the paint rubbed off the front of the smoke box and glue all over the front?

Although the photo is upside down I'm not seeing what the problem is - its not those 2 small marks at the bottom edge of the smokebox is it?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, tommyliam021 said:

DBFA5DA0-A210-47F7-8F6D-692F10193A2F.jpeg.16d425608c0267435ae24f453cf3c642.jpegI’m assuming I’m not the only ones who’s model has got the paint rubbed off the front of the smoke box and glue all over the front?

Well whoever did it left their “dabs” all over the buffers.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, tommyliam021 said:

On the plus side the magnahesion is working really well.

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Although the photo is upside down I'm not seeing what the problem is - its not those 2 small marks at the bottom edge of the smokebox is it?

They look like glue at the bottom of the smokebox.  The small scrape(?)  in the paint on the left  side of the smokebox door don't look very good on a new model but are presumably repairable?

70.jpg.685d3029f275ec22343cf4a5f0fa67b2.jpg

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

They look like glue at the bottom of the smokebox.  The small scrape(?)  in the paint on the left  side of the smokebox door don't look very good on a new model but are presumably repairable?

70.jpg.685d3029f275ec22343cf4a5f0fa67b2.jpg

The 2 small marks are real enough (and look like they could be removed with judicious use of a finger nail), everything else on the smoke box looks fine. 2 brackets at rye bottom for headboards and the grab handle to open the door I think. 

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

£950 seriously ?

Oppourtunistic, I cant help thinking that those prices wont last, perhaps not even a month before it drops, quite a lot…. Theres 24 for sale currently.. thats more than Accurascale class 55’s, a lot of cashing in going on.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

£950 seriously ?

Oppourtunistic, I cant help thinking that those prices wont last, perhaps not even a month before it drops, quite a lot…. Theres 24 for sale currently.. thats more than Accurascale class 55’s, a lot of cashing in going on.

I can't imagine anybody paying that much with any realistic prospect of making a further profit, so they clearly just had to have one.

As such, a deal has been done that's acceptable to both parties, so it's water under the bridge. Not dissimilar to the people who "invested" in classic cars at the top of the market. You haven't made a loss while you keep it! 😇 

I don't know if Hornby has stated that these models constitute a limited edition or if they come with a numbered certificate, but there'd be nothing to stop them putting out a slightly different version (e.g., with TTS Sound fitted), even if they had.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JhornG201 said:

Well I was very happy to receive my model on Monday, and I couldn’t resist adding some personal touches as soon as it arrived. SR route discs from Roxey, flags and GWR reporting numbers from Precision Labels and a wreath of my own making. 

Hoping too that someone produces etched plates before too long.

85529954-C6A3-445B-9B83-8576F95F02FB.jpeg

Looks fantastic - how did you make the wreath?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

I don't know if Hornby has stated that these models constitute a limited edition or if they come with a numbered certificate, but there'd be nothing to stop them putting out a slightly different version (e.g., with TTS Sound fitted), even if they had.

John

They are a limited edition (with numbered certificates) and there was some agreement/partnership with the Severn Valley Railway as well, so depending on the content of any contract they may need to work with the SVR to do another batch

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Received mine yesterday. Only had a brief look at it and only noticed a bit of excess glue on the smoke deflector brackets otherwise an excellent model. 

The tissue paper rather than usual plastic film over the model in the packaging did surprise me. Is this a recent Hornby thing or just for this model? Not purchased a new Hornby loco for a while so curious. 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Received mine yesterday. Only had a brief look at it and only noticed a bit of excess glue on the smoke deflector brackets otherwise an excellent model. 

The tissue paper rather than usual plastic film over the model in the packaging did surprise me. Is this a recent Hornby thing or just for this model? Not purchased a new Hornby loco for a while so curious. 

It always used to be tissue paper until a few years ago. 

• Agree 1