RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, rayfry7 said:

Just signed up for premium via Paypal.still getting ads,theme drop down does not show a premium option ?

I can see you haven't run the integration script. Please make sure you follow all of the four steps in the first post of this topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have followed steps 1 to 4 month ago and was quite happy not seeing any flashing videos any more - but today it looks like before. A video on the right hand side, other advertisements on the top and bottom of the page.  as can be seen below. 

image.png.af7141b4f58ab5c7083a20b144cf2dc2.pngimage.png.0d93eb40e25f0da73f93ff6234e92cb8.png

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

today it looks like before

This will be addressed tomorrow, it's a by-product of instituting the black header.

In the meantime you should be able to select the Premium theme from the Themes link at the bottom of the page.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Apologies if this is not the right forum.

I signed up to RMWebpremium a couple of months back to avoid getting popup

advertising (among other things) and was advised about the current issues with 

one or two manufacturers such as Accurascale.

The trouble is that I am now receiving adds from ‘Digitrains’ on every page that 

I go into and have to manually clear them.

Any help please ?

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Eddie the dog said:

Hi Andy,

Apologies if this is not the right forum.

I signed up to RMWebpremium a couple of months back to avoid getting popup

advertising (among other things) and was advised about the current issues with 

one or two manufacturers such as Accurascale.

The trouble is that I am now receiving adds from ‘Digitrains’ on every page that 

I go into and have to manually clear them.

Any help please ?

Have you checked the Theme drop down box at the bottom of the page to see if it’s set for premium 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. 

Whilst I appreciate that adds are a fact of life, could you explain what form they take. After all these months, I still have a small bottom right series and videos playing that have no advertising to them. They seem to be fro m Connatix.

Dave.

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/09/2022 at 17:49, dasatcopthorne said:

Hi. 

Whilst I appreciate that adds are a fact of life, could you explain what form they take. After all these mo th s, I still have a small bottom right series and videos playing that have no advertising to them. They seem to be fro m Connatix.

Dave.

I seem to have the same issue now?

Graham

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PMP99 said:

I seem to have the same issue now?

Graham

Have you checked that you have selected the RM Web Premium option at the bottom of the page (see attached screenshot)? I found the other day that it had reverted to the default due to an update run in the forum.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 21.04.16.png

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Richard E said:

Have you checked that you have selected the RM Web Premium option at the bottom of the page (see attached screenshot)? I found the other day that it had reverted to the default due to an update run in the forum.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 21.04.16.png

Yes, mine has reverted a couple of times, but that doesn’t solve it

• Agree 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, PMP99 said:

Yes, mine has reverted a couple of times, but that doesn’t solve it

I've just checked the admin system and all looks as it should for your login. Could you PM me with a screenshot of what you're seeing please so I can investigate?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I posted this earlier today, but on checking I think I may have chosen the wrong thread initially, so I'm repeating it here in the hope someone sees it.

I appear to have 'lost' my premium status (both on mobile and laptop). Adverts have returned. Accessing the 'Theme' tab at bottom of page shows the system has reverted to 'RMweb 2021 (Default)'. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue or is it something at my end/setup?

Any help/info would be gratefully received.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, iands said:

I posted this earlier today, but on checking I think I may have chosen the wrong thread initially, so I'm repeating it here in the hope someone sees it.

I appear to have 'lost' my premium status (both on mobile and laptop). Adverts have returned. Accessing the 'Theme' tab at bottom of page shows the system has reverted to 'RMweb 2021 (Default)'. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue or is it something at my end/setup?

Any help/info would be gratefully received.

Could you try and run the integration script again please Ian - from the OP.

2. Go to the Integration page - http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php and login with your World of Railways account and RMweb account and this should automatically reconcile the permissions so you get your extras as soon as you've signed in.

3. Return to RMweb and refresh if necessary**.

4. If you still see any Google Ads you may have the Default theme; go to the bottom of any page and click on 'Themes' and select RMweb Premium from the dropdown. The header logo should now show RMweb Premium.

Failing that I'll take a look at it for you tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Could you try and run the integration script again please Ian - from the OP.

Failing that I'll take a look at it for you tomorrow.

Thanks Andy. I've followed the steps again as per OP and it seems to have resolved the issue. Once again, many thanks.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm seeing adverts in the Accurascale and Revolution sub forums. Attempts to change the Theme don't work - neither regular or premium options can be selected on my Android tablet using either Chrome or the Samsung browser. I get the same issue on both mobile and desktop versions of the site.

The theme menu works on the main forum, just not on the areas with a sponsored theme

Any ideas?

Steven B

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Steven B said:

I'm seeing adverts in the Accurascale and Revolution sub forums. Attempts to change the Theme don't work - neither regular or premium options can be selected on my Android tablet using either Chrome or the Samsung browser. I get the same issue on both mobile and desktop versions of the site.

The theme menu works on the main forum, just not on the areas with a sponsored theme

Any ideas?

Steven B

Yes, from the very first post in this thread, nothing has been said about any fix being implemented yet.

*Some ads may still be seen on sponsored subforums such as Revolution/Accurascale/Strathwood/BRM etc pending a fix and trade ads may not be seen in some areas until we get that fixed. Premium users will see trade ads (but not Google Ads).

Edited by Richard E

• RMweb Premium

Hi.  I’ve gone through the steps outlines in the first post.  I signed up for an account.  I paid for the premium membership. I went to the integration page and clicked on the bit that says ‘The next step is to connect your World of Railways account by logging in below:’.  Clicked on that and the next page says ‘You do not have a premium account’.

I’ve signed out and refreshed.  I’ve tried to change themes but there is no drop down that offers the remium theme.

I’m using an iPad by the way.

What to do?

I’d also like to change my email address as the one shown will shortly cease to work.

Help!

Edited by Martino
Missed some info

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 14/10/2022 at 00:29, Martino said:

I’d also like to change my email address as the one shown will shortly cease to work.

I'd missed this post, sorry. I see you are properly Premiumed up now.

Drop me a PM about the email change, I'll sort that for you.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I'd missed this post, sorry. I see you are properly Premiumed up now.

Drop me a PM about the email change, I'll sort that for you.

Hi Andy,

I see that the email has been changed, I think we did that in a previous series of messages.  Seems all good now.  Thank you very much.

• Thanks 1

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Despite signing-up and paying for premium, there doesn't seem to be any 'premium member' notation on my profile. Just a wild guess but I should have 'done' something to activate my changed status?

Thanks

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, 21C1 said:

Sorry Andy because of your policy of charging not to see advertising and preventing Ad blockers to run you have lost a member. I shall sign out and not return. I have been a member for many years but you have driven me away.  I find the ads too intrusive. Bye for ever.

You've had free use for the last 13 years and aren't prepared to accept adverts?

It was a polite notice.

Ad blocking.jpg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5