Bachmann Autumn 2022 Announcements inc. Farish headlines

AY Mod

• Moderators

NEW MODELS GALORE IN BACHMANN EUROPE’S AUTUMN 2022 BRITISH RAILWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Bachmann Europe Plc today unveiled its Autumn 2022 British Railway Announcements headlined by new tooling projects in both N and OO scale. Less than two weeks since the surprise announcement of the all-new Bachmann Branchline OO scale Class 37 during the DEMU Showcase event, details of the first batch of new Class 37s to be released this Autumn were also confirmed today.

35-337SFX-3.jpg

Starting with the new OO scale Class 37 and four further models will be released in addition to No. 37430 ‘Cwmbran’ which is already available; today’s announcements depict two Class 37/0s and two further Class 37/4s – all are available in Bachmann’s award-winning SOUND FITTED DELUXE format in addition to the standard and SOUND FITTED options.

38-915.jpg

Aside from the new 37s, further new tooling from Bachmann Branchline comes in the form of the SE&CR 25 Ton Dance Hall Brake Van. These imposing vehicles are often asked for and now appear in OO scale for the first time, complementing other SE&CR prototypes that can be found in the Bachmann Branchline range such as the C Class Steam Locomotive and Birdcage Coaches. The BR Mk2F Refurbished Driving Brake Second Opens have been in high demand since their release earlier this year, and further versions have been announced in the liveries of BR InterCity (Swallow) and Network Rail.

371-780SF-4.jpg

In N scale the launch of a brand-new Class 90 Electric Locomotive marks a major milestone for Graham Farish – this being the first all-new tooling project announced by Graham Farish via Bachmann’s quarterly British Railway Announcements. Much-requested by consumers following the release of the highly acclaimed Bachmann Branchline OO scale model, the new N scale models will debut at The International N Gauge Show in September, with delivery due by the end of 2022. Five models will be available initially, each with the option of SOUND FITTED, and every Graham Farish Class 90 will feature a coreless motor, all-wheel pick up and all-wheel drive, a Next18 DCC decoder socket, a pre-fitted speaker, directional lights, cab lights when used on DCC, and a poseable pantograph.

371-364-1.jpg

Alongside the Class 90, Graham Farish also announced that the Midland Railway Class 3835 (4F) has been upgraded to feature a Next18 DCC decoder socket and pre-fitted speaker; these enhancements will benefit the three models due for release this Autumn and allow the production of the three SOUND FITTED models announced today. Following the recent celebrations of 50 years of N scale models from Graham Farish and with the naming of a GB Railfreight Class 60 locomotive to mark this occasion, a special 50th Anniversary Collectors Pack featuring this locomotive has been announced. Alongside the model of Class 60 No. 60002 ‘Graham Farish 50th Anniversary’ – which will also be available with SOUND FITTED – each pack includes a commemorative nameplate, pin badge, £35 Bachmann Collectors Club
voucher and a certificate of authenticity, all of which is presented in a bespoke wooden box.

371-015ESF-3.jpg

A second round of N scale Sales Area Exclusive models was also announced, this time featuring a quartet of Class 08 Diesel Shunters utilising the new high-spec 08 from Graham Farish and including SOUND FITTED options.

47-128-2.jpg

Away from the rails and there were new models announced for Bachmann’s Scenecraft range too. These finely detailed, hand painted buildings and accessories are ready to place on any layout or diorama and the new additions include models in N, OO and O scale. Notably in O scale, it is now possible to model a convincing diesel depot scene using the new Diesel Fuelling Point, Fuelling Point Pump House, Fuel Storage Tank and Office Block – the latter being ideally suited to use as a depot mess room among other applications. In OO scale there is a signalling theme this Autumn with the Signalman’s Token Platform, Brick & Timber Signal Box and Air Raid Protection (ARP) Signal Box amongst the new items, whilst the N scale range benefits from several warehouse/industrial buildings and a trio of different houses ranging from the quintessential Rural Workers Cottages to the austere Prefabricated House.

Like all Bachmann products, these new items can only be purchased from Bachmann stockists and with several items already in stock, the first new items will arrive with stockists later this month.

OO Products

image.png

31-326B.jpg

image.png

32-287BSF-3.jpg

image.png

35-301SFX-5.jpg35-301SF-4.jpg35-301.jpg

image.png

35-304SFX.jpg

image.png

35-304SFX.jpg

image.png

35-336SFX.jpg35-336-6.jpg

image.png

35-337SFX-3.jpg35-337SF-2.jpg35-337.jpg

image.png

37-856.jpg37-855.jpg

image.png

38-918.jpg38-917-1.jpg38-916.jpg38-915.jpg

image.png

39-735ADC.jpg39-737ADC.jpg

image.png

36-570A.jpg

image.png

47-128.jpg47-040.jpg47-039.jpg44-0513.jpg44-0159.jpg44-129.jpg44-0036.jpg44-010.jpg47-129.jpg

image.png

35-304SFX.jpg

35-335-1.jpg

35-335SFX-03.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Downer said:

Lovely models all, but I am beginning to wonder if they’re ever going to announce another new 00 steam locomotive. 

Of course they will. Remember that they make quarterly announcements now. They may answer your question in November.

• Like 1

Whilst there isn't anything stock wise for me for me I don't think (car carriers and HTAs are nice though), I might have one of the signal boxes.

I wanted to comment on how nice that Farish 60 box set is. If I was into N gauge that would definitely be on the shopping list!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, surfsup said:

Still surprised at the lack of new liveries for existing toolings though - the 158 has been crying out for new liveries for a while now!  

Same for the 20s and 24s. Wouldve liked a headcode box 20 in green or blue

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sixoh8sixoh said:

The Mary Queen of Scots 37 is tempting. I’d be interested to see the comparison between Bachmann’s new tooling 37 and the Accurascale 37 as both are to 2022 standard. 

The quality looks pretty similar, but the prices are a bit different

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Of course they will. Remember that they make quarterly announcements now. They may answer your question in November.

I am aware they now make quarterly announcements.  And I think I'm right in saying that they haven't added a new 00 steam loco to their main range for over two years. Which is quite a change from before, when a lot of us got used to Bachmann making the more work-a-day locos we needed.   

Edited by Downer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Downer said:

I am aware they now make quarterly announcements.  And I think I'm right in saying that they haven't added a new 00 steam loco to their main range for over two years. Which is quite a change from before.  

yep I was thinking the same, the last / most recent **all new** steam locos from Bachmann (apart from retailer specials) I can think of are, say, the MR Johnson 1P and LBSCR H2, both lovely models, more please :-) 

cheers,

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Downer said:

I am aware they now make quarterly announcements.  And I think I'm right in saying that they haven't added a new 00 steam loco to their main range for over two years. Which is quite a change from before.  

I think whatever was the most recent out of the J72, 94XX and MR 1F was the last Bachmann steam release (not including commissions or narrow gauge).

The SECR brake van could do with something 2-6-0 shaped to pull it. The N Class is looking very dated now.

Jason

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

59 minutes ago, surfsup said:

Still surprised at the lack of new liveries for existing toolings though - the 158 has been crying out for new liveries for a while now!  

Yeah, although given what is coming up for me pre order wise I aren't that upset in the short term.

Current (or just gone white Arriva) Northern is what I am after, 2 and/or 3 car. I'd have both if they did both.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I think whatever was the most recent out of the J72, 94XX and MR 1F was the last Bachmann steam release (not including commissions or narrow gauge).

The last new tooling OO gauge steam loco released by Bachmann, was the all new, not anything to do with any previous tooling LNER V2. Which was released around the same time as the first all new, not anything to do with any previous tooling BR Class 47 models.

Edited by Paul.Uni
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Bachmann for the Dance Hall Brake Van!

The item has been High Polling within The 00 Wishlist Poll for many years and reached the the Top 50 in 2019.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

Edited by BMacdermott
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

If nowadays it takes 3-5years to research, develop and produce a new locomotive then I'm sure Bachman have several in the works. In the past we would have locomotives announced years before they arrive but now it is just months (or minutes in the case of the first 37's). There will be steam locomotives that could have been announced 2 years ago that are quietly progressing. Hopefully there won't be too much duplication, especially of running numbers on identical condition, but there are going to be more "replacements" of existing tooling as there are a limited number of prototypes that are profitable in their first run.

Luke

• Like 2
  • Agree 2