Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Chris Foren .. Chris F

Barry O

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Just received the sad news that Chris Foren has passed away. 

He will be sadly missed by all who have been in contact with him over the years.  He added a lot of value on both RMWeb and also in various other societies he was a member of. His knowledge of diesel multiple units will be sadly missed but also his willingness to travel to exhibitions and events all over the UK, and to actively seek out friends, colleagues and people asking for help with questions will be missed.

The Early Risers will miss Chris a lot and in particular his "drivelling".

I leave it to others to write more.. but my thoughts are with @88C and his other relatives in these sad time.

Rest in Peace Chris.

Baz

Thanks for the heads up Baz

Although I didn’t know Chris personally his thread on Class 116 DMUs on here has to go down as one of the most detailed and informative threads I have used.

I hope a manufacturer announces one soon …. It would be a fitting tribute.

Thinking of all his friends and relatives… a sad time, hope there is some small consolation in knowing how he was perceived in this community.

Rest in peace Chris

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

I've known Chris a number of years. His posts on FB, chronicling his increasingly desperate attempts to get back onto RMweb, while being plagued by 'adblockers', I hope this wasn't a contributing factor.

• Friendly/supportive 8

I didn’t know Chris, but we once had a good long chat about GWR slip coaches in use on branch lines during the 1950s whilst stood in front of Farringdon at Scalefour North back in 2018. 

He was very generous with his time and advice, which as a relatively young and not-to experienced modeller I much appreciated. 

RIP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Oh no, this is really very sad news, Chris was a really very decent man and as others have said, a stalwart of both this place and numerous shows up and down the land - including Larkrail.

He was knowledgeable, funny, generous and brave. And someone who would put himself out for others and back up talk with actions.

Another familiar and friendly face that we will never see again.

Rest in peace Chris, you are missed by very many.

Simon

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold

Such further sad news today (along with the news of the passing Adrian Shooter) Chris was always generous of his time, some might say too much on occasions :), humour and his knowledge but never afraid to ask others to increase his own understanding.  He will be sorely missed by all whom knew him.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

I met Chris at the Donny show some years back. Lovely man. He and I chatted about the late Geoff Brewin and lovely Comet Coaches (that has thankfully survived with Andrew at MSE).

RIP pal, you added a great deal to my life experience on here and elsewhere.

Phil

• Friendly/supportive 13

I've just picked up this sad news from @Graham_Muz 's Twitter.

Being reasonably local to me, Chris was a regular and familiar face at the numerous exhibitions both large and small we are blessed with in this part of the world. In fact, no exhibition seemed complete until I'd seen Chris and exchanged greetings. I also spoke to him a couple of times when I was volunteering at Pendon.

A sad loss. I'll particularly miss the tales of his various battles with technology.

RIP Chris.

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Sad news indeed. Often saw Chris at shows and at various meets. I do remember the Shoreditch lunchtime meets well, making a quick dash out from work a lunchtimes to meet up.

More recently would often speak with Chris online and he will be missed.

RIP Chris.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4