February announcement?

NXEA!

• RMweb Gold

I live in hope that Bachmann do the 117 in blue, as I really don't like the prospect of respraying my green one. Also, another run of plain blue Mk1 GUV's would be nice, they are like hens teeth, unless you want it with BR Property Board on the side. As an aside, anyone bought one of them, and managed to remove the Property Board logos and stripes without affecting the livery?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think that the Welsh NG items announced in the USA catalogue will make the way into the UK catalogue see the video they produced a few days ago

• Like 2

On 27/01/2024 at 11:06, Mr chapman said:

I just hope they sort out the audio. Every announcement the volume is all over the place. 

I agree.  I also wish Richard would hand the announcing job over to someone else.  He is a really nice bloke but does not have great oratory skills..   

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Sorry to differ but I actually like Richard delivering. Very genuine and nice guy as you mention. Prefer someone real to someone slick or plastic.

You know he knows his job and I prefer getting it from the horses mouth so to speak, as opposed to a professional great on delivery but just doing a job and not living and loving it.

We all have different viewpoints I guess. 

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

47 minutes ago, Opelsi said:

Sorry to differ but I actually like Richard delivering. Very genuine and nice guy as you mention. Prefer someone real to someone slick or plastic.

You know he knows his job and I prefer getting it from the horses mouth so to speak, as opposed to a professional great on delivery but just doing a job and not living and loving it.

We all have different viewpoints I guess. 

That's great and I support that. I just wish the announcements didn't have the production value of a 90's health and safety video. In today's world of social media you would think they could hire someone to film and balance the audio. Compare it to the Bachmann video above. If you are going to tell me the new coach I want is £80 at least make it look a little more professional while you punch me in the balls. 

• Funny 4

Some Mk2f TSO's in Blue/Grey as per usual a certain website is selling a couple today for stupid money. 

A Class 101 in Plain Blue with 1st class, I believe the last Plain Blue 101 they did was a Newcastle set with no 1st class as the Newcastle units got rid of 1st class quite a number of years before the rest of what became regional railways.

A retooled and substancially improved Deltic, with either no Bogie Chains or ones that are substancially better and more reliable than the Accurascale ones and where you don't have to remove them to take the body off. OK I expect this is very unlikely it will happen, I think Accurascale have largely cornered the available Deltic market, I'm not sure the Deltic market is as big as the 37 market which can likely support highly detailed models from 2 manufacturers.

• Like 1

My personal hopes for what may come from the Bachmann announcement would be...

Diesel locos: it would be really nice to see the class 57 brought up to the standard of the 47 & to have the ability to correctly show all 3 headlights as per the prototype instead of the 2 Bachmann have always had. 

Electric locos: bit spoilt for choice on this one, but a class 81,82,83 or 84 would be amazing. More liveries for the Class 90 & maybe a new improved 86 to go against Heljans offering.

DMU: The fabled class 170 upgrade would be most welcome, as well as a much needed upgrade for the Class 220/221 Voyagers, a Class 222 Meridian & maybe make a start on the CAF family 195,196 & 197.

EMU: Upscaling the Class 319 & 321 units from N to 00 would be most welcome. Maybe take the morr heritage plunge & go for classes 303,304,305,310,312 etc. Again the CAF family of 331 or 397 units. Or introduce the Networker family & include a Royal Mail 325 alongside classes 465/466.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Upscaling the Class 319 & 321 units from N to 00 would be most welcome.

I'll trade you that for downscaling the V1/V3 from OO to N! 

R

• Like 2

On 28/01/2024 at 19:00, Boleyn Road said:

Would be nice to see a steam loco - it’s been ages since Bachmann have announced one for their main range!

Personally, it would be nice to see a refreshed J39!

As each announcement has approached I've been more convinced each time that they'll be a new steam as each time is longer since one was announced but also each passing announcement goes without one I become less convinced one ever will be. I'm sure one will eventually I'm just less convinced each time that it'll be 'this time'. 

I do hope that we see another Double Fairlie as 'James Spooner' as it is 'almost' just a relivery of the green Merrdin Emrys with bells added. Not being a new tool I think it is a possibility not a definite.

Personal hopes - new run of Quarry hunslets - the second hand prices are now getting silly 

- updated 4MT tank loco

- corris locomotives. One of the few items when you can have the same narrow gauge locos representing two different railways.

-corris coaches and wagons

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 40002 said:

A retooled and substancially improved Deltic, with either no Bogie Chains or ones that are substancially better and more reliable than the Accurascale ones and where you don't have to remove them to take the body off. OK I expect this is very unlikely it will happen, I think Accurascale have largely cornered the available Deltic market, I'm not sure the Deltic market is as big as the 37 market which can likely support highly detailed models from 2 manufacturers.

As you say, very little to zero chance of a new Bachmann Deltic. Accurascales second batch address the chain problems and also from the samples my personal gripe  - the overstated windscreen rivets on the first batch. Hopefully they will also address the varying degrees of reassembly required on the first ones too (and to be fair my AS 37 and Manor were fine in this respect) :)

• Like 1

I think a new steam locomotive would be the T6. With a preserved locomotive suddenly in vogue and the cross country sets from EFE it makes sense. 

Another run of EFE LSWR vans in lswr livery would be welcome. 

I would very much like an upgraded 170. The price of the second hand cross country livery units hardly makes it worth buying the old tooling. And I must admit I was very impressed with my mates sound 158.

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Personal hopes - new run of Quarry hunslets - the second hand prices are now getting silly 

- updated 4MT tank loco

- corris locomotives. One of the few items when you can have the same narrow gauge locos representing two different railways.

-corris coaches and wagons

That is a good shout for a variety of reasons Both of the ex Corris locos carried several liveries over time, and are Talyllyn and Corris - but would need different mouldings to suit th different cabs / doors etc, The No 4 was quite a popular industrial narrow gauge design so imagine would be popular for "fictionising".

The Corris coaches in both clerestory, and "normal" roof shapes are very "light railway" and would easily stand plenty of "fictionalising".

8 hours ago, vanbasher said:

Or introduce the Networker family & include a Royal Mail 325 alongside classes 465/466.

They aren't family though they share a fibre glass cab. 325 has more dna with a 319

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I reckon more 47's to make use of this under used new tooling and so as not to miss out on Heljan taking the interesting liveries that people have been asking for. A few more 37's but only 3 at most, though I suspect it's the same factory as the 47's so they may struggle to do both at the same time.

I think they'll be one big ticket new tool in oo but otherwise probably not too much else aside from mk1's and I think n gauge will be under represented. 009 will get the USA announcements included depending how close to delivery those are.

Almost forgot but I reckon the EFE Newton Chambers should be in this one as arriving too.

Edited by E100
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2