February announcement?

NXEA!

• RMweb Premium
Just now, woodenhead said:

But the Class 13 is soooo restricted though there are some livery / cab orientation variations.  😄

I was referring to retooling previous releases.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Covkid said:

Strictly speaking Bachmann have already retooled the class 20, the "skinhead" 24, newly tooled the headcode version, and are currently on the class 25s.  But they may be a little out of your timeline.

As a transition era  LMR man those are my bases covered.  I have to be patient that once the two class 25s already announced are released then further 25s will be announced in 2025.

Really, the only diesel I would like to see from Bachmann is the LMS jackshaft design 7080-7119 which became 12003-12032. The vast majority were withdrawn in 1967 and at least one got BR blue, but they didn't receive a TOPS classification.  

As a LMR transition modeler surely a retooled 40 must be on your wish list?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Coaches is my priority for now - more BR(S) green Bulleids as 3-sets and the loose BCK...

Ditto.  Also the 5-set that Bachmann did in blood and custard would be more than welcome here in BR(S) green.

• Like 3

I agree that with the retooled Heljan 47 due soon there are bound to be some more 47s from Bachmann.

Personally I’d like to see the IC Mainline liveried 47550 that Farish released a couple of years ago scaled up to OO.  IC Mainline is a neglected livery – Bachmann did 47832 as a regional special but that had the earlier version of IC Mainline with the full yellow ends.  Also hitherto neglected are the large logo Scottish Region 47s with their distinctive depot logos, domino headcodes and snowploughs, which is surprising given the enduring popularity of contemporary ScR large logo class 37 models.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, NXEA! said:

37422 in the Collectors Club is still available, so unlikely I would say. https://www.Bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/site/search?q=37422

Thats because Bachmann seem to be picking the most awkward locos to model. 37422 in the condition is not possible to renumber accurately. Look at 47790 in DRS is not accurate for a renumber. They would sell more if they picked ones that can be changed and re-worked into others rather than one-offs.

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

I was referring to retooling previous releases.

Would that be the class 66, of which releases have disappeared and with Accurascale’s release looming there market share looks to be disappearing in the 66 range.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

The diesel I'd like to see retooled is the 04—especially now that Rapido have cancelled theirs. With a DCC sound version with stay alive…

Not expecting any new N locos — they tend to be kept for the summer announcement just prior to TINGS — but perhaps they can put the new sound-fitted class 47 chassis under some other variants — plain blue for me…

• Like 2

Just now, georgeds said:

History would tell us a new 66 will be along just before the AS one turns up.

I'm hoping for the 170s or even a 69.

The 69 has already been announced and EP were shown at Warley, which looked very nice!

5 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

The diesel I'd like to see retooled is the 04—especially now that Rapido have cancelled theirs. With a DCC sound version with stay alive…

Not expecting any new N locos — they tend to be kept for the summer announcement just prior to TINGS — but perhaps they can put the new sound-fitted class 47 chassis under some other variants — plain blue for me…

I thought the 04 was retooled prior to the 03, but obviously wrong.  

The Next 18 version of the Bachmann 03 runs like a sewing machine and the Deigitrains soundfile on the Zimo decoder is sublime.  You can barely detect movement of the loco on speed step 1   

EDIT

Just looked back to 2015 on RMWeb and it seems the rechassisied 04 was cancelled by Bachmann.  Two versions were planned but exited from the catalogue.

Edited by Covkid

11 minutes ago, Covkid said:

I thought the 04 was retooled prior to the 03, but obviously wrong.  

The Next 18 version of the Bachmann 03 runs like a sewing machine and the Deigitrains soundfile on the Zimo decoder is sublime.  You can barely detect movement of the loco on speed step

The previous 04 was a tweak of the old Mainline 03 tooling. I discovered when detailing one the body grilles etc  were misproportioned or positioned as I sought from photos to drill handrail holes in the right place. They did announce a run of the 04 using the DCC 03 chassis but those were never produced.

• RMweb Premium

Well, looking into my crystal balls reveals...

LSWR Corridor's, (56'/54'ers - BCK, BTK, CK, TK) and of course, the Ironclad family, including the Pull-Push sets.

Maunsell Q Class

and if course, Mr Adams finest G6.

Yeah, some 47's then 😜

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

“Multiple new tooling projects” according to the e-mail from Bachmann. I wonder should I buy a pack of Tena pants. I would need a pair for a K4, the cancelled Parallel Scot and J39 or any of the missing AC electrics. I dare say there are plenty more from my “B list” and Bachmann might very well produce something which I didn’t know I wanted.

• Funny 1

Maybe as it was 2013 (yes that long ago!) since the Mk2fs were announced and 6 years since the first runs appeared......could they perhaps be announcing a refreshed version addressing what I see as some of concerns over on the old Mk2f forum thread?

Circular mould marks on the roof

Prism free glazing

No visible internal body below the outer bodyside lower edges (about 0.5mm visible)

Reduced window frame height (although that would probably necessitate completely new tooling as opposed to not enough height?)

Correct "Inter-City" branding position on the blue and grey BSO 39-700 and 39-700DC ( on the passenger end side).  I did mention this to a surprised rep at Warley pre Covid maybe 2020 and they couldnt say if the actual coach had been produced from the prototype with the branding errantly so positioned) it would be such an easy fix to move thr tampo along a few centimetres under the first passemger window).

And does anybody know why Bachmann had the blue and grey runs produced with dark brown underframes and bogies....did BR outshop them like that?

The only problem I have if we see some more 39-675s is affording them as I need another 8!

Be nice to see some presentation packs of say 3 or 4 or even twin packs.

Theyve treated the N gauge boys with new versions and even two new running numbers of each so this would be welcome in 00.......

Edited by ThaneofFife
Error
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

Maybe as it was 2013 (yes that long ago!) since the Mk2fs were announced and 6 years since the first runs appeared......could they perhaps be announcing a refreshed version addressing what I see as some of concerns over on the old Mk2f forum thread?

Circular mould marks on the roof

Prism free glazing

No visible internal body below the outer bodyside lower edges (about 0.5mm visible)

Reduced window frame height (although that would probably necessitate completely new tooling as opposed to not enough height?)

Correct "Inter-City" branding position on the blue and grey BSO 39-700 and 39-700DC ( on the passenger end side).  I did mention this to a surprised rep at Warley pre Covid maybe 2020 and they couldnt say if the actual coach had been produced from the prototype with the branding errantly so positioned) it would be such an easy fix to move thr tampo along a few centimetres under the first passemger window).

And does anybody know why Bachmann had the blue and grey runs produced with dark brown underframes and bogies....did BR outshop them like that?

The only problem I have if we see some more 39-675s is affording them as I need another 8!

Be nice to see some presentation packs of say 3 or 4 or even twin packs.

Theyve treated the N gauge boys with new versions and even two new running numbers of each so this would be welcome in 00.......

The Airfix Mk2D in Inter-City Blue & Grey were also made with brown underframes, so it was possibly BR policy at the time. Probably to hide the soon accumulated dirt.

I seem to remember some of Hornby's 110s being similarly adorned, presumably for the same reason. And the Airfix 31.. 

Just had another thought.....with the newly painted LSL Class 37 409 "Loch Awe" in ScotRail livery running around the network looking su-perb, I wonder if on the 6th Feb Accurascale will announce their version ahead of Bachmann possibly including the same loco on the 7th!  Its bound to be on many a wish list......

5 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

According to Wikipedia and I am sure I've read it on a thread here, when the blue/grey livery was first introduced underframes were painted brown, later changed to black

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 03/02/2024 at 12:04, Tim Dubya said:

Well, looking into my crystal balls reveals...

LSWR Corridor's, (56'/54'ers - BCK, BTK, CK, TK) and of course, the Ironclad family, including the Pull-Push sets.

Maunsell Q Class

and if course, Mr Adams finest G6.

Yeah, some 47's then 😜

Ah, those Crystal ba££$ eh?

Ummmmm. Nice choice.

Soof Sayer (No relation to Leo).

• Funny 1

On 01/02/2024 at 08:38, BluenGreyAnorak said:

No 😭 

I really needed a blue GUV to complete a rake but, as you say they're like hens teeth so I bought a Property Board version in the hope that removing the logos would be straightforward. I've never done this sort of thing before but had read on here how Bachmann decals were easy to remove with a cotton bud and IPA. However, whilst that might be the case for numbers, it was clearly expecting too much for the large decals on this model.

I've put it to one side in disgust at the moment but will eventually get stripped and re-sprayed 🙄

IMG-20231231-WA0014.jpg.2f6d142e37cf38c2a0c26d0048d0e24c.jpg

Looks like a good weathering job to me.  Paint scraped all along the side like that was by no means unknown in the days of BRUTE trolleys.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Some Scottish Large Logo 47’s would be great, it always amazes me they’ve never done on even in the older toolings. Especially considering how many Scottish 37s have gone before.