Accurascale Takes On Some Hattons Originals Favourites - Warwells, P and Andrew Barclay Tanks

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, DavidH said:

The question I'm not clear about is, how do you know which account has ordered something? or put another way, how will you link the accounts on your website to the accounts that have the Hattons pre-orders?

In simple terms

- We match the email address you ordered with at Hattons with our database

- If there is a match, the order(s) get added to your existing account

- If there is no match, a new account is created for you at accurascale using the details from the Hattons order

You'll then be emailed an order confirmation, and the order will be visible in the usual way in your accura account. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 7

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, McC said:

In simple terms

- If there is no match, a new account is created for you at accurascale using the details from the Hattons order

You'll then be emailed an order confirmation, and the order will be visible in the usual way in your accura account. 

rather you than me having to organise that! 

• Funny 3

Fantastic news Accurafamily.

The only real interest to me was the Andrew Barclay and what a gorgeous little loco that is. Very glad is it and the other Hattons projects are safe in the hands. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The Warwell version I had pre-ordered is already showing sold out - I am assuming the existing ex-Hatton's pre-orders will take priority on the delivery ?

Excellent to see such co-operation within the industry to ensure continuity of these products too 👍

Edited by Southernman46
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

The Warwell version I had pre-ordered is already showing sold out - I am assuming the existing ex-Hatton's pre-orders will take priority on the delivery ?

Excellent to see such co-operation within the industry to ensure continuity of these products too 👍

Hi @Southernman46,

That is correct, your pre-order will be imported onto our system and given priority.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

25 minutes ago, McC said:

Rails are delivering the production run on these, and we'll have more news in the coming months about the other ex-Hattons tools that are now part of the Accura-family.

Now there's a tease! The Hattons social media posts do seem to deliberately mention that it's Batch 2 of the Genesis coaches with Rails, I can't see a comment on anything beyond that.

I'd ruled this acquisition out given the seeming incompatibility of 'generic' and 'accurate', but reading between the lines, I'm intrigued at what crafty plans could be brewing to Accura-fy!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Tiny151 said:

Now there's a tease! The Hattons social media posts do seem to deliberately mention that it's Batch 2 of the Genesis coaches with Rails, I can't see a comment on anything beyond that.

I'd ruled this acquisition out given the seeming incompatibility of 'generic' and 'accurate', but reading between the lines, I'm intrigued at what crafty plans could be brewing to Accura-fy!

Accurate or not the basic truth is that the Genesis coaches been an absolute success with most of the first batch selling out on pre-orders and the second batch going the same way even before Hattons said they were closing.

If you are a business (and that’s what Accurascale are) then such strong sales are not something to turn your nose up.

Besides Hattons were very clear from the outset that the Genesis range was an ‘inspired by’ set of models and they were not meant to represent any specific carriage design. That contrasts with other models over the years which manufacturers have claimed are faithful recreations of a specific vehicle and where you could justifiably quote ‘accuracy’ in terms of how your approach to models is better than the compition….

Edited by phil-b259
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, McC said:

In simple terms

Thank you. I had a hunch it would be by email, but I can't be the only person who uses several email accounts for different purposes! All sorted ...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, DavidH said:

Thank you. I had a hunch it would be by email, but I can't be the only person who uses several email accounts for different purposes! All sorted ...

Just to add that if an 'extra' account is inadvertently created, we can merge them after the fact. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Hmm. I had an Accurascale account. I was even signed up for the "Points" 

But doesn't seem to work and neither does the link in the email. All I'm getting is this when I click the link.

Screenshot2024-02-06141115.png.b9d9e4baa79f2194036fa49ccfec350c.png

And when I select "Forgot your Password" I get this.

Screenshot2024-02-06141605.png.ea897f9f6c53baf5453c764d55326fc5.png

Jason

One for support rather than RMweb I reckon Jason 

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/contact

Any of those methods, and the team would be delighted to help.

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just had an email from accurascale confirming my pre-order of 3 warwells and they are showing in my pre-orders too, that was quick

now, the question is do I order some more! 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, big jim said:

I’ve just had an email from accurascale confirming my pre-order of 3 warwells and they are showing in my pre-orders too, that was quick

now, the question is do I order some more! 

Same here with a payment due on the 7th March.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I’m really pleased to see that Accurascale have picked up the Hatton’s Original’s and production of the announced models.  I must admit that I had heard something through the grapevine last month about this, but I thought I’d wait until it was formally announced.

It would be nice to see the FEA and RHTT flats to be announced as well at a later date.

• Agree 3

This is great news! Well done accurascale!

Will any of these be available through your retailers when they arrive? 

Some FEA's would be great too hopefully! (if you do announce these based on your comments, a range of with and separately purchasable loads would be great as per your PFA's! some Green binliners and track carrying panels would be perfect! especially if they are in the same price range as your current gypsum containers packs!) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Brilliant news!!! Great to see the Barclays live on, one question I do have is in future runs will there be a spec upgrade? Just wondering if replacing the 6 pin socket might be looked into for example, as it is a bit of a pain to fit a decoder to the current iteration.

Either way, can't wait to see how this develops!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, big jim said:

Me too, for my single Warwell pre-order.    That was indeed very quick.

Well done, Accurascale!

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

This is great news! Well done accurascale!

Will any of these be available through your retailers when they arrive? 

Some FEA's would be great too hopefully! (if you do announce these based on your comments, a range of with and separately purchasable loads would be great as per your PFA's! some Green binliners and track carrying panels would be perfect! especially if they are in the same price range as your current gypsum containers packs!) 

Hi @WCML100,

To maintain the Hattons price points (and sadly in the case of the AB and P, we had to increase them) and secure the already existing pre-orders for Hattons customers we are only able to offer these production runs direct only. Future production runs may be offered to retail partners, but naturally that will incur a higher price to include retailer margin. We shall assess that when the time comes!

21 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

Brilliant news!!! Great to see the Barclays live on, one question I do have is in future runs will there be a spec upgrade? Just wondering if replacing the 6 pin socket might be looked into for example, as it is a bit of a pain to fit a decoder to the current iteration.

Either way, can't wait to see how this develops!

Hi @BVMR21,

Many thanks! We will assess the models in the future for any further tooling changes or spec changes. Fitting sound from the factory for instance is one we would like to do in the future, but a lot of work and investigating will have to go into the models first to see what is and what is not possible. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DavidH said:

Thank you. I had a hunch it would be by email, but I can't be the only person who uses several email accounts for different purposes

Hope your wife’s not reading this! 

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Well that was nice and easy, both my pre orders confirmed as transferred to mc Acc account. Very smooth, thank you and for answering the questions earlier. 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Our bundle deal of 10% if you buy two or more applies along with free UK Postage and Packaging and 3% cashback on all orders

id missed this bit in the announcement 

nice little bonus as I’d ordered 3 with hattons and wondered why it wasn’t showing a total of £75

• Like 1