What loco would you own?

• RMweb Premium

That's 3 of us want 46245 - do I detect the faintest stirrings of a new preservation society?

46256 would be nice too...........

I used to see 46245 quite a lot at Bletchley, she was well looked after by Camden and then Willesden.

• 2 weeks later...

My id might give the game away.....

As its scrapped if I had to choose a surviving loco I will go with 37350 being the first 37, with 37042 a close second on the back of an excellent run from Bristol to Crewe with 37010 back in 1995.

If I could time travel and had the cash, it would have to be the rebuilt W1. I have a soft spot for her, so much potential that with the unfortunate and sad early demise of Sir Nigel died along with him. Alternatively a LBSC E2 would be nice... no clues as to why ;)

Steam: 6829 Burmington Grange (Late Crest BR Green with a Collett Intermediate Tender, my favourite 83A locomotive).

Diesel: 55 003 Meld (In its final guise, I never tired of seeing her as a kid).

I hate this!! I never know what to have!! :( Im just going to be greedy, all british preserved steam please!!! :D

On a more serious note...i think 7029 Clun Castle, 5043 Easrl of Mount Edgcumbe, 7812 Erlestoke Manor, 6960 Raveningham Hall, 9017 Earl of Berkeley, 55 Stepney, 34051 Winston Churchill, Beattie Well Tanks 30585 and 30587, T9 30120, 4771 Green Arrow, j72 69023 Joem, LMS Mogul 42968 and Dubs Crane Tank from the Foxfield Railway from what we have already. Stuff we dont have anymore...GWR 111 The Great Bear, GER Decapod, MR Big Bertha and 60089 Felstead (as that is my surname)

Not much really...:P

Ok so APT-E as previously suggested. Re-furbed to all Firstish class. Running at full design speed (160+ if the stories are true) operating a london to manchester, london to bham, london to Glasgow non stop service. Who needs HS2? we built it 30 years ago!

Think of it as the Concorde of the railways.

My 'pet' loco is still with us, albeit in a different guise.....

47790, repainted into large logo blue, given her old number 47593 and renamed Galloway Princess.

Hopefully she'll survive in preservation when DRS have finished with her, I certainly can't afford to buy her so if there are any like-minded people out there with deep pockets......

Archived