EBay madness

Marcyg

5 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Start with the weetabix van for breakfast with the United dairies tanker for the milk! Or a tidmouth milk to maintain the whimsy. The prime pork van for lunch (shame there’s not a gravy tanker lol). Or an insulfish van with a potato van! 

I am sure we can some up with an “authentic consist” between us all….

Would look great on a BLT layout!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Start with the weetabix van for breakfast with the United dairies tanker for the milk! Or a tidmouth milk to maintain the whimsy. The prime pork van for lunch (shame there’s not a gravy tanker lol). Or an insulfish van with a potato van! 

OK, We could have Campbell's Soup for starters then for the main meal Oxo gravy and Saxa salt to season the New Zealand Canterbury Lamb, or if you prefer something frozen from Birds Eye, with Geest bananas and Lyons Maid Ice Cream for dessert, finally a few Peak Freans biscuits spread with Golden Shred marmalade, then adjourn to the pub for Watneys beer and KP Nuts.

52251802265_38f6686897_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 7
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

OK, We could have Campbell's Soup for starters then for the main meal Oxo gravy and Saxa salt to season the New Zealand Canterbury Lamb, or if you prefer something frozen from Birds Eye, with Geest bananas and Lyons Maid Ice Cream for dessert, finally a few Peak Freans biscuits spread with Golden Shred marmalade, then adjourn to the pub for Watneys beer and KP Nuts.

52251802265_38f6686897_o.jpg

Kudos for getting there first 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Was human waste ever carried by rail.

If so, it could be tail traffic in the consist. :)

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, rab said:

If so, it could be tail traffic in the consist. :)

Technically, it is now - controlled emission toilets emptying into a tank underneath the train!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rab said:

Yes and for some information on what went on Chat Moss see  "Manchester's Narrow Gauge Railways" by Robert Nicholls, published in 1985 by the Narrow Gauge Railway Society. 

When Manchester Corporation – the forerunner of the council – took over responsibility for dealing with nightsoil, they had 80 railway wagons and 92 horses and carts for transporting the waste.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, 2E Sub Shed said:

Yes and for some information on what went on Chat Moss see  "Manchester's Narrow Gauge Railways" by Robert Nicholls, published in 1985 by the Narrow Gauge Railway Society. 

When Manchester Corporation – the forerunner of the council – took over responsibility for dealing with nightsoil, they had 80 railway wagons and 92 horses and carts for transporting the waste.

A little off topic...🤷🏼‍♀️

Later, Manchester's waste was taken by Tanker Ship, down the Manchester Ship Canal, and out to sea, beyond the "bar"...

One ship was named "Gilbert J. Fowler"...😉😉

http://www.clydeships.co.uk/view.php?ref=24180

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

• Like 4

On 28/07/2022 at 18:21, SteveyDee68 said:

Reading about Graham Farish 08s earlier reminded me I had stumbled upon some old GF OO gauge stuff the other day …

I didn’t realise that Graham Farish was “kit built”…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334323546955?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

🙄

OMG - there’s more!! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363249795148?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The second lot does contain the "kit" versions of the coaches.

The usual give away is a smooth roof, without ventilators, as it's a "tin" roof...

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Looking at the pictures taken underneath the coaches I saw a pair of the bogies fitted with a steel fold up inside frame and cosmetic sides. I have a couple of those which came in a box of bits a friend gave me.

Any idea what make they are?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Kudos for getting there first 

And of course you could have a gresley full brake in varnished teak relabled as a "BREAD".

This actually happened after a fire put the bakery in a scottish town out of action  for a few months.

The only way to transport fresh bread from the next town was by rail,  and two full brakes were hastily converted

to carry bread trays.   They were the two that happened to be in the works at the time,  one of them was ex Great North of Scotland Railway.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Graham Farish! 😉😀

That's the ones that came in the kits...

Screenshot_20220731-004006_eBay.jpg.93bcb4c65454490852275cbb2d09ccd4.jpg

We have a couple of complete kits in out collection...🙂

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

I was looking at the second batch, third one down in the pile, the plates are rusty and have slotted guides for the axle, I probably should have mentioned that! The black painted ones beneath those look like K's white metal items?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

A little off topic...🤷🏼‍♀️

Later, Manchester's waste was taken by Tanker Ship, down the Manchester Ship Canal, and out to sea, beyond the "bar"...

One ship was named "Gilbert J. Fowler"...😉😉

http://www.clydeships.co.uk/view.php?ref=24180

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

I believe there was a similar service from Glasgow to the mouth of the Clyde.  I think it was mentioned on a programme about Clyde Sunday pleasure steamers, that turns up occasionally on the digital channels.

A good thing that there isn't a Hornby (or Triang, for that matter) "Honey" tanker...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

13 minutes ago, 5944 said:

'Ow much?! The rest of his stuff is well over the top as well. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125426722145?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=D0W6n_e6SoG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=dltlllrnrym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

10 Metcalfe kits for £150, or you can buy them separately from a shop for well under £100.

Ahhhh...  But the Metcalf package also includes a couple of Bilt-Eezi "Garage with petrol pumps" kits plus a Superquick village school, which might qualify as a "L@@K RARE!!!" component, hiking it up by £50.

Or then again not!

• Funny 5