EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Reading about Graham Farish 08s earlier reminded me I had stumbled upon some old GF OO gauge stuff the other day …

I didn’t realise that Graham Farish was “kit built”…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334323546955?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

🙄

OMG - there’s more!! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363249795148?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dUl0TI1oQ1m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=e--l92_9TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Our old friend again.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 27/07/2022 at 17:46, Darius43 said:

Not what is says on the end of the box…

Not a Mk1, or second class, or an open coach.

More BFK than TSO.

Cheers

Darius

The passengers seem to have left too!

23 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

As it's "99% Mint", "Weathered" must be the other 1%?

Or does it mean there's nearly a hole in the middle?

If you want something with a hole in the middle...

I did notice that the seller considered that the box condition was so important that it got rated too....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hroth said:

The passengers seem to have left too!

If you want something with a hole in the middle...

I did notice that the seller considered that the box condition was so important that it got rated too....

As a child of the 80s I have a soft spot for all those freelance Hornby wagons that they pumped out back then! You could make a wonderfully colourful looking train of polo mints, weetabix, Kit Kat, tango, Yellow pages, mighty white etc! The pre- internet information and pre-teen me didn’t even question their validity! Just hooked them up behind my class 86 and ran it on my catenary-free track!!

Edited by ianmacc
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

Actually, I seem to remember some of the early plastic 00 coaches came as a CKD box of parts. You had to bolt on the bogies and battery box castings, and slide the tin roof into place over the one-piece body moulding. So the seller may not be 100% wrong in his description, but I still wouldn't pay more than a fiver for one  even today.

I used to have loads of  Farish 00 "Liveway" points - about 20 years ahead of the rest of the trade in appearance.

Peter, Sidcup

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Peterem said:

I've a couple of GF GW clerestories.  If anything they're even worse than the contemporary Triang ones....

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Peterem said:

Actually, I seem to remember some of the early plastic 00 coaches came as a CKD box of parts. You had to bolt on the bogies and battery box castings, and slide the tin roof into place over the one-piece body moulding. So the seller may not be 100% wrong in his description, but I still wouldn't pay more than a fiver for one  even today.

I had quite a few of those kits; suburban non-corridor stock, some composites and some brake thirds. Sold them to a trader eventually.

1 hour ago, Peterem said:

Like these?

DSCF0693.JPG.cf542f1bfa9fbfdfbf2473c24c976dab.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DIW said:

Like these?

Yes, they're the ones. I had at least one slip, which I never managed to wire correctly - clearly I needed the snap electromatic push button switches.  I saw some for sale at a show once a few years back and they still looked great from the top. Close up and from the side, though, the rail profile looked very odd by modern standards. No idea what code it was, or if they even had codes in the late 60s/early 70s.

Peter, Sidcup

• Like 1

Ouch! Its only been three years since I bought one (centre motor twin bogie drive) boxed on bay for £160.....

Including  three mk3 coaches latest spec full length.....

And  DCC sound chip & speaker. (bit of a shock when I opened the motor body!)

Clearly the internet was looking the other way that day. Makes up for hours of looking at absolute tat and buying stuff that wasn't a bargain after all....

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, ianmacc said:

As a child of the 80s I have a soft spot for all those freelance Hornby wagons that they pumped out back then! You could make a wonderfully colourful looking train of polo mints, weetabix, Kit Kat, tango, Yellow pages, mighty white etc! The pre- internet information and pre-teen me didn’t even question their validity! Just hooked them up behind my class 86 and ran it on my catenary-free track!!

If you had the right tankers and box van along with a restraunt car you could almost arrange a complete meal service with the Polo as a finisher 

Run that at an exhibition on a EM layout as a laugh ... I would 

Edited by John Besley
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

It sure does. I'm not too sure what that says about Hornby though......

Nothing we didn't already know. :)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, John Besley said:

If you had the right tankers and box van along with a restraunt car you could almost arrange a complete meal service with the Polo as a finisher 

Run that at an exhibition on a EM layout as a laugh ... I would 

Start with the weetabix van for breakfast with the United dairies tanker for the milk! Or a tidmouth milk to maintain the whimsy. The prime pork van for lunch (shame there’s not a gravy tanker lol). Or an insulfish van with a potato van! 

I am sure we can some up with an “authentic consist” between us all….

Edited by ianmacc
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

7 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

Start with the weetabix van for breakfast with the United dairies tanker for the milk! Or a tidmouth milk to maintain the whimsy. The prime pork van for lunch (shame there’s not a gravy tanker lol). Or an insulfish van with a potato van! 

imnaure we can some up with an “authentic consist” between us all….

Followed by a Birds Custard van and a Banana van.....

Re: Gravy Trains. They're not to hand, but I once got an R6891 tanker set painted them white and stuck OXO and Bisto symbols on them, with a bit of "artistic" weathering around the filling holes.  Its a pity you can't get 4mm scale flies...

Edited by Hroth
Added gravy....
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Followed by a Birds Custard van and a Banana van.....

Re: Gravy Trains. They're not to hand, but I once got an R6891 tanker set painted them white and stuck OXO and Bisto symbols on them, with a bit of "artistic" weathering around the filling holes.  Its a pity you can't get 4mm scale flies...

An eBay search brings up Hornby and Wrenn OXO vans. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=Hornby+oxo&_sacat=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2