Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

• RMweb Premium

Peer intently at the semaphore signals on a GWR layout, then tell the operator that he's got them upside down.

And then ask if they are reversing signals.....

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Peer intently at the semaphore signals on a GWR layout, then tell the operator that he's got them upside down.

I have seen a layout where a splitting junction signal had the arms pointing to the right, not the left.

To be fair, they were at the end of a narrow room on a tight bend for a 'U' shaped layout - I hadn't noticed them until I looked at the photo's of the layout I took when I got home.

• Like 1

Join the 00 Gauge Society, pin the membership card prominently on your jacket then wander up to a P4 layout and say, "Oh, wow! Broad gauge!"

Edited by Guest

Tell the operators of a prototypical fine scale layout as the try to uncouple three link couplings that they should convert to Kadees.

Or just generally tell people how they ought to do things, even if ( a )- they've already told you they tried your method but it didn't work, or ( b )- you haven't noticed that you've described exactly what they did anyway...!

Edited by 298

I'm glad you told me that: might never have realised otherwise.

As it happens I exhibit a layout that features a light railway with grassy, weedy track that looks quite neglected so I speak from personal experience :yes:

Cheers,

David

Study a layout long and intently then say in a loud voice: "I love the way you've modelled the uneven track of the prototype."

What if they did set out to do that?:)

Exactly what I did with my layout... the fact I also used Code 100 rail with O Scale also drew admiration from viewers of it at it's last Show - not scorn.

My next layout, currently being built, has got even worse track - intentionally..... :D

Edited by Andy Y, Today, 08:17 .

Objection to blasphemous phrase by 3rd party. I understand the context though.

Was the phrase "prototypical GWR time table" by any chance? ;) :biggrin_mini:

• RMweb Premium

get a plastic banana, add a motor bogie and take it to a GWR layout and ask "will you run my flying banana??"

or (as has happened a few times) wait till the gravity yard operator on Cwmafon has got a nice cut of wagons rolling down the gravity yard and then stick your hand out to stop them and say "good job I was here"

:O

• Like 1

Building in 00 and calling it "finescale"

Cheers,

Mick

My OO code 100 layout was at Watford Finescale Show earlier this year. I look upon finescale as an overall modelling standard, not what gauge or track type the layout uses. I've seen plenty of layouts which purport to be finescale where the track is the only redeeming feature.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...