Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

• RMweb Gold

Maybe not so much of a historical inaccuracy as an in joke but when Dagworth was filmed for Model Town on TV, for the whole duration of filming  46009 was parked on the goods loop at the head of a nuclear flask train. Unfortunately it doesn't actually show in any of the broadcast footage.

Andi

• Like 5
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, MarkC said:

Shades of The Great St. Trinians Train robbery there...

Ev'nin all.

Wanted for enquiries:

• Gresley J50, registration number 68961,
  • Hunslet Austerity WD196,
  • and Army 2-10-0 No. 601 "Kitchiner", ex WD73795.

Last seen on the Longmoor Military Railway. If you have any knowledge of their current whereabouts, or any models of the same, please contain BR Railway Police, or your nearest branch of the EBCR.

The Great St. Trinians Train Robbery.

Mind how you go.

dixon_of_dock_green

• Like 4

On 07/10/2021 at 13:13, PhilJ W said:

There was one layout where the points and signals were controlled from the front of the layout using a miniature lever frame.

On 07/10/2021 at 20:25, PhilJ W said:

No it wasn't that one, the one I saw was a lot smaller but IIRC it was EM or P4 and represented East London. Indeed it was at the last East London fine scale exhibition about 5 or 6 years ago as I remember.

Sorry to come back to this after almost a year, as I'm just catching up with this thread, the layout is Prospect Wharf, it's in EM.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Huh - 'Tracing' is for lightweights. 🙄😝

May I share a Masterclass in giving the EBCR an almost fatal collective heart attack, and at the same time it takes number one spot in KTRC.

Gentlemen I present G Scale Train Drifting....

Reminds me a bit of an incident at Canton in 1970 or maybe 71.  I was acting secondman on a loco coming off shed on a bright but frosty winter's morning, and as we were moving up to the exit signal, where I would have to go on the phone to the panel to get the road for us, there was a rumbling noise from the direction of the carriage shed approach, and I looked over to see the centre trailer of a 116 which had split the turnout coming out of the washer and was proceeding at an increasingly sideways angle towards both the dmu shed and the carriage shed, in a cloud of red brick dust.  It had demolished a new toilet block that had been built in the y of the turnout only a few days before.  When the brick dust cleared, there was a neat row of shiny white porcelain bowls gleaming in the morning sunshine like a row of dinosaur teeth!  Fortunately nobody had been using the facility at the time...

Oh, how we laughed!

• Like 3
  • Funny 16

5 hours ago, Chris M said:

Ridiculous! Actually doing that sort of thing is bad enough, but to make a video as well. Just so wrong.

I hope this idiot hasn’t made any other videos….

I think you can run a single-totem blue Warship in 1968 (or whatever it was) with a perfectly clear conscience after your outdoor shananigans!! 😁

Just wish I could make Stafford to come & say hello!! 🙄👋👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, F-UnitMad said:

I think you can run a single-totem blue Warship in 1968 (or whatever it was) with a perfectly clear conscience after your outdoor shananigans!! 😁

Just wish I could make Stafford to come & say hello!! 🙄👋👍

Stafford is as far north as I am going. No reason for that, just the way it’s worked out. I’m also exhibiting Dawlish Warren at GETS and Rail-Ex Taunton in the next few weeks. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2022 at 15:12, KeithMacdonald said:

Ev'nin all.

Wanted for enquiries:

• Gresley J50, registration number 68961,
  • Hunslet Austerity WD196,
  • and Army 2-10-0 No. 601 "Kitchiner", ex WD73795.

Last seen on the Longmoor Military Railway. If you have any knowledge of their current whereabouts, or any models of the same, please contain BR Railway Police, or your nearest branch of the EBCR.

The Great St. Trinians Train Robbery.

Mind how you go.

dixon_of_dock_green

Counting rivets, the J50 was an austerity with side tanks added.

The real 68961 was in Departmental Stock as number 14 and lasted until 1965. ISTR it was the last one and there was a scheme to save it. I think it might have been the K&WVR as it spent most of its life in Yorkshire.

Hornby made a model of it.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
On 02/10/2022 at 22:37, KeithMacdonald said:

Who would have believed it? Life imitating art?

I hereby nominate The Johnster for honorary membership of the Elucidated Brethren of the Counted Rivet.

The Johnster hereby declines to accept the nomination, being a Past Grand Master Bodgerigar (oo’s a pretty boy, then) of the Ancient and (dis)Honourable Craft (dis)Order of Gentleman Bodgers and Lash-up Merchants, Cwmdimbath Lodge (motto; ‘it’ll do for now’), which as you know disbars him from joining the Elucidated Brethren even in an honorary capacity.  He thanks the Honourable Elucidated Brother and wishes him the best of fraternal greetings in the hope that the Riveteers will understand…

Also, a so-called modeller with alleged scale pretensions who runs a Triang Hornby 2721, even with a Baccy 57xx chassis, is surely disbarred from even apprentice tea-boy membership of the EBCR!

• Like 6
  • Funny 3

On 06/10/2022 at 07:45, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Just been looking at various posts on model railway social media and it suddenly occurred to me. One easy way to get lynched at a model railway exhibition is...... 

Exhibiit a foreign layout and win the cup for best layout voted for by the visitors. 

But lynched by whom? Other jealous Exhibitors I presume, since the punters voted for it, and most have gone home by the time 'Best in Show' is announced. 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Getting lynched at a model railway show? Easy!

"Hello, I'm Johnster, and I've come amongst you to pardon your lamentable mistakes...."

John. Happy Christmas old chap!

No inferences, real or otherwise, are intended to be malicious!

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Ahem! 

Down with this sort of thing (careful, now)…🤔

This should only apply to Scaleforum, of course; a good general show should showcase all types of modelling, as examples to modellers of all standards, even those who don’t give a flying **** about correct operation or the finer details.  

A happy xmas to you and all my readers…

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Ahem! 

Down with this sort of thing (careful, now)…🤔

This should only apply to Scaleforum, of course; a good general show should showcase all types of modelling, as examples to modellers of all standards, even those who don’t give a flying **** about correct operation or the finer details.  

A happy xmas to you and all my readers…

I mention lamps but I think I got away with it...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

On 06/10/2022 at 07:45, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Just been looking at various posts on model railway social media and it suddenly occurred to me. One easy way to get lynched at a model railway exhibition is...... 

Exhibiit a foreign layout and win the cup for best layout voted for by the visitors. 

Pempoul.

Better than nearly all British themed models.

Take a look.

Edited by andytrains
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1