Warley 2012

bbishop

Good to catch up with you again Tom!

Hope you didn't have any problems with the train home, mine was delayed due to "lineside problems" but the chap up front seems intent on making up the time, feels like we're almost doing warp speed!

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Yes good to catch up and I had a similar fast journey home, had a moment of shut eye and was at Watford Junction in no time.. Hope you got your goods home in one piece! :) So Sunday is set for modelling as it is cold, windy and wet outside..

Regards

Tom

• RMweb Premium

Lots of weathering doen - lots of people had ago - including a very nice Toad undertaken by a fellow RM Webber... hope to see some more people today but haven't seen any layouts yet....

Please any photo's ! I would have been their but events over took me from going and helping out on a layout,So stuck at home :O :cry:

Darren

I did get some good ones of HA X which captured the atmosphere - I think. If they translate from Nokia to laptop I'll punt them on here. My co-conspirator got some top video of Stoney Lane with EDs and 33s, I'll ask him to ping the files to me if he's able.

• RMweb Premium

I haven't seen may photos yet so here are some of mine, will add names as i work them out????

as i was using my phones camara ( forgot to charge the proper camera) the quality of the pics is some where betwenn flipping awfull and average

24112012164.jpg

24112012163.jpg

24112012157.jpg

24112012156.jpg

24112012151.jpg

24112012150.jpg

24112012149.jpg

24112012144.jpg

24112012142.jpg

24112012141.jpg

24112012139.jpg

24112012138.jpg

24112012132.jpg

24112012131.jpg

24112012130.jpg

24112012129.jpg

24112012127.jpg

24112012126.jpg

24112012125.jpg

24112012124.jpg

24112012121.jpg

24112012120.jpg

24112012119.jpg

24112012111.jpg

steve

ps if any one feels my pics dont do there work off well enough i will happily remove them if you pm me.

as i was using my phones camara ( forgot to charge the proper camera) the quality of the pics is some where betwenn flipping awfull and average

******************************************************************************************************************

Well, Something is better than nothing, especially for those on the other side of the world.

Thanks for posting.

Khris

• RMweb Gold

I haven't seen may photos yet so here are some of mine, will add names as i work them out????

steve

Great photos under challenging circumstances, those sodium lights make it very difficult for photographers.

Here's a few of mine from yesterday, not got round to labeling them yet!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trickymundo2009/sets/72157632092252795/

I mean, what kind of weirdo wants to go to a bike show when there's a perfectly normal, not weird at all, model show going on next door? :P

Rucksacks pissed me off massively yesterday!

On the positive side though:

- Liverpool Lime St, only had a brief look as I am very uncomfortable in crowds, but looked brilliant. Although it didn't look fun to operate.

- Large scale live steam, wow, I want a piece of that action!

- O scale, I was browing the O scale layouts for ideas. I forget what its called but the O gauge modern layout as well as the engine shed. They were great

- Alfred and Judy, Lyd, three bags I didn't expect to get anytime soon. All looked great and made a nice addition to the show.

PIcs to follow shortly.

... & those that live 3 miles away, but can only make the last 45 minutes or so. £20 admittance is a lot for some frantic last minute shopping!

Well I'll see your 3miles and raise you 1800meters, off to my shift at the airport. I also contemplated poping over for a short time during my lunch break but like you the admission and carpark just dont warrant it. I'd only spend £40 at shawplan, so why spend £60 when I can wait a few days and spend £40 When Brian has had a rest. I just know that I'd bump in to someone and chat for half and hour and then have to leave.

Oh well always next year.

Acid Lima nightmare

post-7083-0-04348900-1353853732_thumb.jpg

7mm Scottish naughtiness Dalry Road I think

post-7083-0-00994300-1353853833_thumb.jpg

7mm Wizzo

post-7083-0-71609300-1353853784_thumb.jpg

Bus on overbridge cameo

post-7083-0-51925700-1353853909_thumb.jpg

MILLWALL woz ere

post-7083-0-65360800-1353853979_thumb.jpg

Sarf East Landan encapsulated in 2mil

post-7083-0-48068700-1353854031_thumb.jpg

Stoney Lane panorama

post-7083-0-74254500-1353854101_thumb.jpg

Haymarket Cross

post-7083-0-85680400-1353854161_thumb.jpg

post-7083-0-35487900-1353854216_thumb.jpg

Wow!

post-7083-0-90473000-1353854253_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Lots of weathering doen - lots of people had ago - including a very nice Toad undertaken by a fellow RM Webber... hope to see some more people today but haven't seen any layouts yet....

Here is the "very nice Toad" (bought earlier at the Warley stand) on Stand E42.

Many thanks Barry O.

post-14049-0-66871900-1353864241_thumb.jpg

At home, coupled up to a Southall wagon from Robbie Burns, waiting for the job to be completed with powders bought from the Show.

post-14049-0-32195400-1353864261.jpg

[it's a shame there are to be no more Warley Wagons...]

• RMweb Premium

Very much enjoyed my day at Warley today. Haven't been for years but just wanted to go and watch some trains go by.

There was so much so see so I wasn't disappointed and three things stood out for me:

Cliffhanger was just jaw dropping. The sheer scale of the thing is just astounding.

Veldhoven 1935 was another. I don't know what type of mind comes up with the concept of forced perspective and parallelogram shaped rolling stock, but it's probably the same as gets working bicycles with rider, which was the third.

Lots of other good layouts to see. I never tire of watching Cornwallis Yard (rip Bob). St Ives in gauge 3 was impressive. Tucking Mill's already looking good.

Parked at the railway station for a fiver (thanks whoever posted that), didn't go mad on purchases, bumped into lots of folks. Didn't get side swiped with a rucksack.

Oh and thanks Tim for the tip for making an escapement file from wet and dry superglued to fret waste. Genius.

Great photos under challenging circumstances, those sodium lights make it very difficult for photographers.

Lighting was horrible. I was in a rush in the morning and really needed two lenses ( only brought my longer one ) so REALLY struggled.. I'll process pictures later but even using a DSLR, ISO 800 and F4 aperture the shutter speeds were SLOW on most layouts.

Tips for layout designers.. put some lighting in - the layouts with nice lighting setups built in were a LOT easier to photograph.

• RMweb Premium

Trains from Birmingham New St overcrowded as usual, ended up on pathetic Pendos or rubbish Voyager.

Considering these are the cream of railway services the carriages are terribly claustrophic and cramped, even 350/1 LM trains have more space!

Apparantly according to a chap on one of the stands, saturday was a record crowd! Anybody reading can confirm that? It certainly was the crowdest I've seen on a saturday, even sunday was pretty busy.

I was impressed by the Hornby Dublo layout. Totally unprototypical, just big roundy-roundy but when I saw it, both days, it seemed almost totally reliable. Not bad for a layout which was put together from scratch, in seven hours, using equipment which is all more than 50 years old and track that plugs together!

Binns Road certainly made quality stuff!

Disapponted by the Manchester Group's BIG tram layout. The overhead, which to me looked decidely ropey, proved to be just that, with constant de-wiring of the trolley poles causing constant stoppages.

It seemed very popular with the younger viewers.

Bath Green Park & Liverpool Lime St, both impressive. Balloch Pier looks like a good layout for the future when more work has been completed

Liked St Ives and Bodmin and several other good layouts as mentioned by others.

Liked the concentration of different L&B interpretations!

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Just an expat thanks for all the reports of the show - and especially those pics. Qwilpen - your photos have come out as impressionist, which is exactly how an exhibition layout should be portrayed on the day - as they say "You had to be there!"

One day I'll manage to attend, perhaps!

Visited mid morning Sunday not too busy and quite pleasant, finally met Richard from DCC Concepts who I bought a Hornby Clan with sound etc many moons ago smashing chap. Impressed with the layouts and the BRM subscription offer spent far too much but got loads of ideas well worth visiting later on Sunday missed bargains more importantly missed the crowds

• RMweb Premium

Just an expat thanks for all the reports of the show - and especially those pics. Qwilpen - your photos have come out as impressionist, which is exactly how an exhibition layout should be portrayed on the day - as they say "You had to be there!"

One day I'll manage to attend, perhaps!

Ian

these are the good ones you should have seen the state of the other pics,

memo to self remember to charge the camera

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Disapponted by the Manchester Group's BIG tram layout. The overhead, which to me looked decidely ropey, proved to be just that, with constant de-wiring of the trolley poles causing constant stoppages.

It seemed very popular with the younger viewers.

Keith

The SVR members operating the layout had a great time and when I went to see them a few times there were lots of people around and even better the kids were being allowed to be hands on. It was good to meet various people and not to have any smelly people come to the stand, or get clobbered by any bags. The best layout was Chollerford with trains continually running. I never knew the Border Counties had more trains than Bath Green Park next to it. Both good to look at and very entertaining.

Duncan

Brand new stock

Class 85's £59.00

MLV's £59.00

and loads more

Your post cost me a big chunk this morning! :laugh:

Although a slightly better deal was to be had this morning it was the 'loads more' bit which was dangerous.

• RMweb Premium

Your post cost me a big chunk this morning! :laugh:

Although a slightly better deal was to be had this morning it was the 'loads more' bit which was dangerous.

One version of the 85's was going for £39.99 for awhile until another trader bought the last few and starting selling them for £50............................. Capitalism is alive and well.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived