The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

On 14/06/2020 at 16:26, gordon s said:

Made me chuckle....put up job or not...

OK - but how many of us have driven an unfamiliar hire car into a filling station to top up before returning the car only to completely fail to work out how to release the petrol filler flap/cap.  I worked out a while back that there is the little arrow showing you which side it is on which avoids the embarrassing reverse out and back in the opposite side but I have been totally beaten a couple of times with the top secret release mechanism!

Jim

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

I worked out a while back that there is the little arrow showing you which side it is on which avoids the embarrassing reverse out and back in the opposite side but I have been totally beaten a couple of times with the top secret release mechanism!

Only on some cars (looks to be a manufacturer thing). My previous Ford had one, I don't think my current Vauxhall does.

• Like 1

My Saab 9-5 Estate had a button on the driver's door that released the filler flap. I was surprised when we bought a new Yeti it didn't have the same and our latest Karoq doesn't either.

Such an easy thing I would have thought it was standard these days.

steve

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, luckymucklebackit said:

I worked out a while back that there is the little arrow showing you which side it is on which avoids the embarrassing reverse out and back in the opposite side but I have been totally beaten a couple of times with the top secret release mechanism!

No need to move the car. No need for any embarrassment. Modern petrol pumps are designed with long enough hoses so that the nozzle will reach both sides of the car . . . . just so long as you haven't parked too far away from the pump, although then, of course, you'll probably be blocking the next lane.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

I used to work for a company that gave its senior executives BMW 320s. These cars had a central locking button just behind the gear lever. One day the Chief Finance Officer got out of her car to post a letter, leaving the keys in the ignition. Her Jack Russel Terrier, who was in the car but not restrained in any way, jumped into the front, trod on the button and locked her out. She wasn't happy, and neither was the CEO who had to drive out to her with a spare key. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

26 minutes ago, steve1 said:

I was surprised when we bought a new Yeti it didn't have the same and our latest Karoq doesn't either.

But you just push the edge of the flap on the Yeti and it pops open.  I suppose on the Saab the sealing cap is secured to the back of the flap so you don't have to unscrew it? Sounds like typical Saab overengineering!

I prefer the separate cap as its a bit more fuel tight!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

OK - but how many of us have driven an unfamiliar hire car into a filling station to top up before returning the car only to completely fail to work out how to release the petrol filler flap/cap.  I worked out a while back that there is the little arrow showing you which side it is on which avoids the embarrassing reverse out and back in the opposite side but I have been totally beaten a couple of times with the top secret release mechanism!

Jim

Erm. The cars an electric one.

That's the joke.

Jason

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Hroth said:

But you just push the edge of the flap on the Yeti and it pops open.  I suppose on the Saab the sealing cap is secured to the back of the flap so you don't have to unscrew it? Sounds like typical Saab overengineering!

I prefer the separate cap as its a bit more fuel tight!

It was only the covering flap that was released. There was a 'proper' screw on fuel cap inside. Extra security rather than over engineering to my mind.

We were showed how to open the Skoda flaps when we took delivery of both cars... I like neat idea of the ice scraper that Skoda fit to the inside of the flap of the Karoq. Clever.

steve

Edited by steve1

3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

What's red and goes up and down?

A strawberry in a lift....

No one said anything about the quality of the jokes.

OK then.

If quality isn't being judged...

What goes up or down and then squidge?

A strawberry on an escalator.

• Funny 4

Time for a Little Johnny joke ---

Fred and Mary got married, but can't afford a honeymoon, so they go back to Fred's parent's home for their first night together. In the morning, Johnny, Fred's little brother, gets up and has his breakfast. As he is going out of the door to go to school, he asks his Mom if Fred and Mary are up yet. She replies, "No". Johnny asks, "Do you know what I think?" His mom replies, "I don't want to hear what you think! Just go to school." Johnny comes home for lunch and asks his mom, "Are Fred and Mary up yet?" She replies, "No." Johnny says, "Do you know what I think?" His mom replies, "Never mind what you think! Eat your lunch and go back to school." After school, Johnny comes home and asks again, "Are Fred and Mary up yet?" His mom says "No." He asks, "Do you know what I think?" His Mom replies, "Ok, do tell me what you think?" He says: "Last night Fred came to my room for the Vaseline and I think I gave him my airplane glue."

Brit15

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

58 minutes ago, CameronL said:

What's green and brown and has six legs, and if it fell out of a tree and landed on you it would kill you? 

A snooker table.

You'll get slated for a joke like that. :D

• Funny 4

10 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Jim

Anyone remember the scene from the movie "Vacation" where Chevy Chase was trying to find the gas cap on his new car?

• Funny 1