Washout at Dawlish

• RMweb Gold

The achievement of the "Orange Army" would undoubtedly make I.K.Brunel glow with pride. In two months ,in the teeth of the most appalling conditions,they have restored the civilising benefit of the railway to Devon and Cornwall,which is a large chunk of the U.K.

If Her Maj.logs in to RMWeb,would she please consider the unsung heroes of Network Rail in her Birthday Honours List. It will be well received .....and richly deserved.Thank you,ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh, and the light engines (66s) seen on the webcams etc. last night were the final 'route proving' runs up and down the line between Exeter and Newton Abbot, to ensure all track circuits operated correctly today.

My web-cam's gone funny.

post-17811-0-25645400-1396607090.jpg

Andy, no offence, but I really must ask you to stop posting pictures like that. I now suffer from a severe inferiority complex and will probably chuck in this railway modelling lark and go back to Brio... ;)  What a cracking piece of modelling.

Edited by Pete 75C

• RMweb Premium

I'm away from Teignmouth unfortunately, so missing all the fun. Is the Teignmouth sea wall open to pedestrians now, or is non-railway repair work still going on?

Im pretty sure the coast path is still shut at the moment Rod.

• RMweb Premium

The sea wall and the walkways are still under repair.  The railway itself has re-opened and according to local reports some areas of the beach are accessible.  But the South West Coast Path remains officially diverted to its "high tide route" along the road and there's still a good deal of small-scale tidying up to be done over coming weeks.

I know that the walkways around Teignmouth & Dawlish will still be closed for sometime so that the repairs can be completed, but how about from Dawlish Warren to the first footbridge, just past the camping coaches?

Is that small part open or still closed.?

Keith.

• RMweb Gold

An XC Voyager driver is obviously a fan of the cam as he gave it a blast on approaching.

attachicon.gifDawlishcam4.jpg

Even at 1am drivers where sounding the horn approaching the cam, it gave a good bit of warning to be able to capture images :)

Andi

• Like 2