Washout at Dawlish

What are you on about now? Has anyone said anything about locking it? I suppose it makes a change from you keep clicking on the 'disagree' button.

A very rude and abrubt reply. I had not said anyone had said about locking it.!!!

I do not keep clicking the disagree burtton.!

Manners, dear boy, manners.

Keith.

A very rude and abrubt reply. I had not said anyone had said about locking it.!!!

I do not keep clicking the disagree burtton.!

Manners, dear boy, manners.

Keith.

Publicly visible records show that you've done it 29 times and I can see that the majority of those times are for posts I've made when trying to call a halt to some silliness within a topic. So; if no one's said anything about locking the topic why do you try to make it sound like there's some campaign to stop it getting locked? Yes; I will be keeping a close eye on things.

• RMweb Gold

As well as the well-earned shout for the Orange Army and the splendid contributions on here from busy industry insiders, can I also make a small toast to the ordinary members who have provided additional insight and pictures. Not least among these is a local who is a wheelchair and scooter user, yet has recently posted some excellent shots, including informal stuff that pads out the more explicitly technical photos from CK etc.

This is a marvellous thread in its achievement of a great deal of collected knowledge - and just shows what a well-run forum can generate.

• Like 2

As well as the well-earned shout for the Orange Army and the splendid contributions on here from busy industry insiders, can I also make a small toast to the ordinary members who have provided additional insight and pictures. Not least among these is a local who is a wheelchair and scooter user, yet has recently posted some excellent shots, including informal stuff that pads out the more explicitly technical photos from CK etc.

This is a marvellous thread in its achievement of a great deal of collected knowledge - and just shows what a well-run forum can generate.

I reckon he has 4 of those buzzy whirly thingjes strapped on his chair providing lift enabling site visits. Yes, well done Granitechops.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

According to CK in a previous post, block working. And he's also said that normal working will resume on 12/4/14

Ah, possible crossed wires here (not in a literal sense, as was actually the case with my AMR handheld unit last weekend.. ;) )...

What's happening on 12th April is that we return to full normal signalling and speeds between Cogload Jct and Bridgwater.

As regards the Sea Wall section, we have had to implement a simplified signalling section for reopening, due to the extent of earlier storm damage and complexity of repairs (that really don't like having other worksites active at the same time). As such, there is a long, temporary block section from just east of Teignmouth to just west of Dawlish Warren, in both directions. The signals concerned are being worked and there is no need for trains to stop for 'ticket working' etc. Whilst this does increase headways along the Sea Wall section, it will only last until the weekend of 26th and 27th April, when there will be another possession to effect full repairs and bring full, normal signalling back at that time. In the interim, we can run 95% of the booked WTT service. The possession at the end of this month will run from Sat evening to Mon morning, but special arrangements are being made to allow two Up direction steam charters through on the Sunday afternoon only. All this is being done with full agreement and buy-in from all affected train operators, naturally.

In the meantime, repair works continue on the non-rail parts of the wall, restoring the masonry outer face at Sea Lawn Terrace (which requires the containers to be removed, of course), and a lot of other minor jobs.

• Like 3

Some modelling perhaps (that's as much a message to myself!!)

Yes, I've just managed about 2 square inches of ballasting before the lure of RMWeb proved too much. Perhaps Andy can ban me (just for a day)...

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I've just managed about 2 square inches of ballasting before the lure of RMWeb proved too much. Perhaps Andy can ban me (just for a day)...

Maybe Andy could arrange for some compulsory "down time" (site maintenance etc!) on RMWeb to allow for some modelling to be done! :jester:

Keith

• Like 3

Maybe Andy could arrange for some compulsory "down time" (site maintenance etc!) on RMWeb to allow for some modelling to be done! :jester:

Keith

According to Mariella Frostrup on The Book Programme the other day there is an app for writers that kills the internet for defined periods so you have no excuse not to get on with your writing. Virgin manages that as well though the internet free periods are not defined. There's another one that if you don't achieve the work rate you've set makes the screen border go red and if you still fall behind either wipes your recent work completely or takes out all the vowels.

• RMweb Premium

What is tail end charlie in that last Pic? 

is it a signals dept vehicle? 

cant quite make out its No.

It's there as a coupling adapter/barrier vehicle as HST Mk3's aren't fitted with buffers. More interesting is the WCRC MK1 at the front - is that an ex-courier coach 802xx series?

Cheers,

Mick

It's there as a coupling adapter/barrier vehicle as HST Mk3's aren't fitted with buffers. More interesting is the WCRC MK1 at the front - is that an ex-courier coach 802xx series?

Cheers,

Mick

Yes the courier is 80204.

I also noted a two car 158 yesterday and a three car one today.