Washout at Dawlish

Hope the site cam remains to see the road & wall sorted out now, although any machinery will probably block most of the view I would think from camera angle too track unless they move it nearer road hole etc. 

• RMweb Gold

Much positive and celebratory reporting this morning on BBC Radio Devon from Dawlish which is good to hear.

Good to hear complementary comments on NR regarding the largely unreported recent line closure between Newton and Paignton to do with the A380 road widening. They were praised on the decision to do this work at the same time as Dawlish to avoid additional closure at a future date.

Intrigued by the talk of a special running around 0930hrs through Dawlish, of which nobody seems to know anything about! Also talk of a brass band!

Also many 'thankyous' to the TOCs from locals and others for the well run replacement bus services...not to mention the free teas and coffees which went down well!

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 5

Just had a quick replay through the webcam footage earlier this morning and delighted (of course) to see trains running! I did have slightly better things to do overnight than watch the ECS movements (like sleep) but kudos to those who held a vigil. Well done to all and lets hope throughout the day the national news sing NR's praises for a job very well done. Judging by some of the posts above, it's getting plenty of coverage already. Excellent.

• Like 1

Still lead item on R4's "Today" at 8:00am - yes, amazingly, I listened to it live in New Jersey on my IPhone at 3:00am (sleep is overrated).

Technology can be wonderful...

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 6

Guest Belgian

If you two neighbours don't start being nice to each other, the U.S.will probably threaten sanctions or send in bombers.  Behave!

p.s. my wife is Belgian!

I'm not your wife!!!! (You haven't asked me yet - romance is dead).

JE

Edited by Belgian
  • Like 1

Guest Belgian

Let's hear three cheers for the Orange Army

HIP HIP...

as no-one else has done it . . .

. . . HOORAY!!!!!

JE

• Like 1

1. BBC national news reporting the first trains passed at 0600... well done again to CK and everyone for getting the line back.

What HAS been forgotten is the gang working on the closure of the Tonbridge-Hastings line which re-opened this week!

• Like 2

Do the combination of speed restrictions and signalling not-yet-put-together mean that there is a full passenger and freight service to west Devon and Cornwall? Is there enough 'spare' to cope? I know that there will have to be some balancing stock movements, but just wondering when normal service is being resumed.

So, when does the Pasty Goods leave Bodmin ? Some of the good folk in Devon need a change from their own staple diet, and the 'Snozzle ( St.Austell) beer factory needs to get that Tribute up here fast too!

• RMweb Gold

CK's inspection saloon for this morning passes on his way to an important meeting.

attachicon.gifDawlishcam.jpg

He was good enough to share it with some other locals.

Unbelievable scenes at Dawlish station as my Voyager stopped briefly by special stop order, to allow various VIPs from Plymouth and Cornwall off, all going to the special celebrations that start when the special HST from Paddington arrives. Can't say any more right now, just keep watch on the BBC and other news services.... ;)

And no, I'm not going there myself, as Andy says, I have to attend a couple of meetings in Bristol today.... Didn't keep watch on this thread late evening yesterday due to still feeling like cr*p, due to back still not good and a raging cold... :( , so I don't really feel like mixing with all the crowds anyway...

• Like 3