Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Surely not 1501... Under the grime that 4-6-0 looks red. A clairvoyant SVR anticipating Hogwarts?

It really is 1501 - if you look there are no boiler handrails and the tanks have been removed.

The loco was sold to the NCB in 1961 and was used in the Coventry area, along with 1502 and 1509.  All three were subsequently bought, parts from 1502 and 1509 were used in the restoration of 1501 and the remains were then scrapped.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Have enjoyed seeing the Severn Valley Railway photo's, especially 70000 Brittania. Then of those in Yorkshire, the two photo's of Huddersfield show just how the station has changed over the years.

All the best,

Market65.

It really is 1501 - if you look there are no boiler handrails and the tanks have been removed.

The loco was sold to the NCB in 1961 and was used in the Coventry area, along with 1502 and 1509.  All three were subsequently bought, parts from 1502 and 1509 were used in the restoration of 1501 and the remains were then scrapped.

David

Also1501 was red , the NCB re-painted them thus at Coventry Colliery.

Ernie

• RMweb Premium

Its hard to belive that those photos were taken in 1969, they could be upwards of ten years younger and no-one would question it!

Cracking shots as always....

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some really great photo's by your Dad of Weedon this evening. I especially like J1809, with the 85 and 82 on an up parcels train - a great shot.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Great photo's of Teesside this evening. In particular, photo' C9349 of Grangetown and BSC's 261 on 20th February, 1988, is a fascinating view with lots of detail to see.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Premium

J1806 - some cracking loads there for the forthcoming Bacchy liners - not just container boxes!

Phil

Hi Phil

I agree, the first flat has what look like a 20 ft B type, what looks like a 20ft P type insulated box with its flat sides, and two 10 ft A types, next two have two 30 ft K type opens, the second one on the second wagon only has it lower side panels in place, and the last wagon has a 27 ft C type (by its number). The 27 ft containers were built when the road traffic act would only allow trailers of 27 ft long. BR must have been "in the know" because the Freightliner Flats were designed to take two 30 ft containers, and soon after the start of the freightliner service the Road Traffic Act was altered or a new one passed that allowed 30 ft trailers.

I am still unsure about the P type as they had ISO fixings and the others on this train do not. Is it another B type?

And all under nice twin track overlap using portals.

Box diagrams for Weedon are available at http://s-r-s.org.uk/html/lmsdiagrams.htm

I don't know the local topography to relate them to the photograph but sure someone else will

Cheers

Phil

I smell a rat with them diagrams.. Weedon No2 55? signal shows a sub signal on a left hand bracket..

http://s-r-s.org.uk/html/lmsr/M21.gif

Next door shows nothing...

http://s-r-s.org.uk/html/lmsr/M22.gif

• Like 1