Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos of Inverness and Georgemas Junction today. In the first photo at Inverness, on the right is a class 122 car, which I think is standing in for a class 120 Cross Country DMBC. It certainly would have been a long way to travel in a suburban unit whichever of the services it will have worked in from.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Scotland today with a quick look at Inverness and Georgmas Junction.

attachicon.gifInverness Class 122 Aug 73 C1309.jpg

Inverness Class 122 Aug 73 C1309

attachicon.gifaa Inverness view south from Welsh Bridge Aug 74 J3909.jpg

Inverness view south from Welsh Bridge Aug 74 J3909

attachicon.gifInverness 2 Class 26 down sleeper 7th Aug 76 C2964.jpg

Inverness 2 Class 26 down sleeper 7th Aug 76 C2964

attachicon.gifGeorgmas Junction Aug 73 C1313.jpg

Georgmas Junction Aug 73 C1313

attachicon.gifGeorgmas Junction Aug 73 C1314.jpg

Georgmas Junction Aug 73 C1314

David

Remarkably the gas holder is still here at Inverness, whilst so many have dissappeared elsewhere across the country, we also still see sleeping coaches too...

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

Photos taken at Ashwell and Brooke crossing today.

I'm sure you all know where they are so there's no need for me to tell you.

attachicon.gifAshwell 2 x Class 20 up iron ore March 70 J2077.jpg

Ashwell 2 x Class 20 up iron ore March 70 J2077

attachicon.gifAshwell Class 31 Peterborough to Birmingham March 70 J2078.jpg

Ashwell Class 31 Peterborough to Birmingham March 70 J2078

attachicon.gifAshwell Feb 72 J2812.jpg

Ashwell Feb 72 J2812

attachicon.gifBrooke Crossing Oakham Class 25 loco and brake van up Dec 71 J2803.jpg

Brooke Crossing Oakham Class 25 loco and brake van up Dec 71 J2803

attachicon.gifBrooke Crossing Oakham Class 44 up tanks Dec 71 J2804.jpg

Brooke Crossing Oakham Class 44 up tanks Dec 71 J2804

David

Pressing a button isn't enough.

Likey likey likey.

Mike.

• Like 1

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos of Inverness and Georgemas Junction today. In the first photo at Inverness, on the right is a class 122 car, which I think is standing in for a class 120 Cross Country DMBC. It certainly would have been a long way to travel in a suburban unit whichever of the services it will have worked in from.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

In the 1975 Locoshed book Class 122 car 55011 was allocated to IS; In the 1976 edition 55005 was there as well as 55011.

J2077.......iron ore wagon. Interesting that it's got company branding.

And I can't like those snow pictures enough! Great atmosphere. It doesn't matter about the exposure, they are perfect time capsules.

As always keep em' coming Dave. Love it.

All the best

Guy

• RMweb Premium

J2077.......iron ore wagon. Interesting that it's got company branding.

And I can't like those snow pictures enough! Great atmosphere. It doesn't matter about the exposure, they are perfect time capsules.

As always keep em' coming Dave. Love it.

All the best

Guy

Hi Guy and David

The wagons in J2077 are not ore wagons. They do belong to Stewart Lloyds of Corby but they are coal tipplers built by Charles Roberts. They are often labeled as iron ore hoppers but they carried coal.  See http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108955-stewarts-lloyds-wagons-1923-1945/?p=2240103

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guy and David

The wagons in J2077 are not ore wagons. They do belong to Stewart Lloyds of Corby but they are coal tipplers built by Charles Roberts. They are often labeled as iron ore hoppers but they carried coal.  See http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108955-stewarts-lloyds-wagons-1923-1945/?p=2240103

As modelled by Bachmann.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guy and David

Clive,

Many thanks for this, I've learnt something new again.  I'll try to remember for future photos.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. An truly excellent set of photo's. So nostalgic, and the last two are very wintry. An great photo' of a class 31 in J2078 at Ashwell, it would be wonderful to see a model weathered like that.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Photos taken at Ashwell and Brooke crossing today.

I'm sure you all know where they are so there's no need for me to tell you.

attachicon.gifBrooke Crossing Oakham Class 44 up tanks Dec 71 J2804.jpg

Brooke Crossing Oakham Class 44 up tanks Dec 71 J2804

David

Lovely subjects as usual David, but in the last one (J2804) I think the train might actually be made up of grain hoppers rather than tanks.

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

Lovely subjects as usual David, but in the last one (J2804) I think the train might actually be made up of grain hoppers rather than tanks.

Kevin

You could well be right.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photos of Morpeth. In C5894, with the 101 on an ECS working, the drawhook on the bufferbeam under the driver's cab is at an acute angle. I just hope it was safe, when so angled, to couple up another unit. The photo of 37015 in the last photo on a coal train makes a sight for sore eyes. Again, Dave, thank you for taking all these photos. They are all such gems.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

C6387 ... D6885 (37185) was originally a South Wales loco with the clips to take a headlamp for the Central Wales line

https://www.flickr.com/photos/camperdown/8162142333/in/photolist-ck6H3m-e3uEyz-aYmZuH-drg7xX-b4qSAT-p3xqiP-fG5TTz-a8Ny7Q-a8NyNN-8Us7uu-gt9tZA-a8KGVP-a8NyqQ-Dp8pKG-a8Nz6h-B9vva1-ppDi2Z-DnGNFH-r9secL-adSJpz-oYzAeX-AzqTb2-oYUz5c-JWZ2Ed-8MPCp4-4zEARe-zCG8U

She has retained those - but lost her cow horn lamp irons to be replaced lower down by BR standard pattern irons

Fascinating to trace the evolution of locos! Smashing shots again Dave

Phil

• RMweb Gold

C6387 ... D6885 (37185) was originally a South Wales loco with the clips to take a headlamp for the Central Wales line

https://www.flickr.com/photos/camperdown/8162142333/in/photolist-ck6H3m-e3uEyz-aYmZuH-drg7xX-b4qSAT-p3xqiP-fG5TTz-a8Ny7Q-a8NyNN-8Us7uu-gt9tZA-a8KGVP-a8NyqQ-Dp8pKG-a8Nz6h-B9vva1-ppDi2Z-DnGNFH-r9secL-adSJpz-oYzAeX-AzqTb2-oYUz5c-JWZ2Ed-8MPCp4-4zEARe-zCG8U

She has retained those - but lost her cow horn lamp irons to be replaced lower down by BR standard pattern irons

Fascinating to trace the evolution of locos! Smashing shots again Dave

Phil

Ooops - those clips were fitted from new to at least some of the WR D68XX and were also fitted on at least some of the Hymeks from new and of course on the D10XX and were intended for a new pattern of headboard (an example being duly tried on a D10XX although not in traffic if the photos are any guide).  So they date from around 1959/60 in drawing office terms, so long before the  Central Wales Line was reduced to near 'light railway' status with a requirement for a headlamp at certain level crossings.  

However I think that apart from a try out at Swindon with a new style headboard the only thing they were ever actually used for was the bar carrying the headlight on Central Wales Line equipped locos

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Such excellent photos of Harrogate today. So nostalgic, and show there was a good variety of trains still running back in the mid sixties which we don't get so much on today's unit railway. D171 was looking very good, and of the Pullmans two had white roofs from, I presume, a recent overhaul.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Ooops - those clips were fitted from new to at least some of the WR D68XX and were also fitted on at least some of the Hymeks from new and of course on the D10XX and were intended for a new pattern of headboard (an example being duly tried on a D10XX although not in traffic if the photos are any guide).  So they date from around 1959/60 in drawing office terms, so long before the  Central Wales Line was reduced to near 'light railway' status with a requirement for a headlamp at certain level crossings.  

However I think that apart from a try out at Swindon with a new style headboard the only thing they were ever actually used for was the bar carrying the headlight on Central Wales Line equipped locos

Thanks Mike - had only ever seen them used for the headlamp so forgive my misrepresentation !

Phil