Hornby's Warley Announcements.

Multiple identity account

I'm hoping that too. I know Hornby havent had the most reliable track record with steam Locos lately, but given the amount of locos that Heljan have had with their only UK steam loco so far, I would much prefer Hornby to produce this loco.

I would  point  out  Heljan  DO produce  Continental  outline  steam  locos,  which  are of  high  quality,  run  superbly,  and  are   relatively  expensive!  Check out  Heljan's  Danish website 

• RMweb Premium

It seems everyone bar Kernow MRC is to produce an Adams Radial.  Money reserved until product quality ascertained here.  No brand loyalty whatsoever.  Kernow who teased us along the way - well go check the Warley thread if you haven't already ;)

My wallet has just heaved a great sigh of relief, there's nothing in the newly announced Hornby models that I wil be buying in 2015/16.

Chance would be a fine thing even on pre-orders due to their new distribution policy. As has been said before, Customers are easily lost but not so easily gained !!!

• RMweb Premium

Hornby has a track record of modelling stock with Kentish connections, not what I actually predicted to appear from them for 2015, but not surprised either in the end.

The class 71 is ideal for modelling the Golden Arrow post-1961 and the surviving preserved Adams Radial spent some time on the East Kent Railway.

I'm also pleased they've announced the 21T hopper to replace the ex-Airfix version, there are quite a few details to trap the unwary between the LNER and BR versions. 

The LMS horse box will add another item of non-passenger coaching stock beside the LMS CCT.

Following on from these announcements, I won't be surprised if Hornby announce models of the 1951 Pullmans and a completely new SR gangwayed bogie van (replacing the venerable Tri-ang version) in December to complement the class 71.

The class 71 and Radial will no doubt please a lot of those modelling the Southern region. Again, as I've said on posts recently its mopping up areas of the engine fleet for the region that already is well served. Even if people dont have a 3rd rail you can bet some are using the slam door stock and will have the 71 too. The adams radial will soon be seen on sheds everywhere, suddenly turning up, well away from its little branch line its renowned for working. Still, if thats what sells and thats what people want then all to the good.

Meanwhile, the 21T hopper is good news. It gives some of us a decent wagon to put behind the freight workhorses a lot of us are buying but have little to run with save the Bachmann 16T mineral wagon. This puts heavy freight back onto the scene and for those wanting a really decent bit of traction in the form of the K1, and Q6 then its something to cheer.

As for the announcement, there cant be much left for the December traditional brief on whats coming given this and the previously announced King surely is the whole package for 2015.... or do Hornby have another surprise yet?

If I were cynical soul, I might suggest that the choice of prototypes to model gives the impression of an established company with ongoing supply chain and QC issues attempting to throttle two new competitors at birth. If I were a cynical soul.

I don't know how long Hornby have been working on the Adams but I suspect it wasn't started last week.

Rather than anything new or duplicate, I'd rather see the following existing stuff in BR blue.............

LNER CCT

LMS CCT

2-HAL

Although just having looked at the EP sample in an e-mail from Hornby (12:45) I like that 21t hopper a lot.

There was me getting my Bill Bedford LMS Horsebox out to build too.

Know what? I still am, but this should be a nice RTR model. The 21 tonner is also an excellent shout for northern modellers.

An 0-6-0, 4-4-0 or small passenger tank used north of the Tyne-Solway line would be welcome at some point, but I believe we're increasingly well served there on the kit front so it's no great sweat where locos are concerned.

None of the loco offerings have any relevance whatsoever in my personal field of interest but the CADs all look promising; the 71 is a particularly elegant machine.

The 71 could be good for anyone modelling the GC late in the 1950s, as long as the loco is in as new ex-works condition. On a commercial video somewhere in my collection there is a great clip of a new loco being towed southbound through Nottingham Victoria by a WD 2-8-0 circa 1959.

I've really enjoyed this thread but obviously have not been able to participate.

Now the cat is out of the bag, if your at the show today please swing the Hornby stand where I can be found with one of my scanners. I can answer any questions relating to the scans. I'm only here today though

Craig

If I were cynical soul, I might suggest that the choice of prototypes to model gives the impression of an established company with ongoing supply chain and QC issues attempting to throttle two new competitors at birth. If I were a cynical soul.

Except the CAD of the 71 suggests it's been in development for some time.....

Archived