Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

1 hour ago, philg said:

Out of interest, which decoders did you use? Did you get all light functions working??

Let's just say cheap. Nose end and cab lights, plus tail in No11. 16 headlights and tail lights. Wasn't too fussy as was more interested in doing some running in.

Hi Fran, my Deltic train has been seriously damaged on my train set. I don’t know how to repair it. Send me a new one please. I was just running it and it came off the track and it’s broken. It didn’t hit anything like a bit of dead conifer or something and my train track is perfect. I think the train is the problem

DBE05D1A-D0B6-40EA-A472-6A7ABAE3D758.jpeg

Edited by Wolf27
  • Like 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

Hi Fran, my Deltic train has been seriously damaged on my train set. I don’t know how to repair it. Send me a new one please. I was just running it and it came off the track and it’s broken. It didn’t hit anything like a bit of dead conifer or something and my train track is perfect. I think the train is the problem

I’ll swap it for a nice Lima one if you like ?

fair swap ?

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Markwj said:

Did someone ask about the purple one- no- well here it is anyway!

Couple of bits to relocate otherwise perfect!

6D0FAB28-6FD8-4E58-A978-EA8479F4F69D.jpeg

Why did I not place an order for a purple one, massively regretting it now.  @Accurascale Fran really hope that you happen to find any hidden at the back of the warehouse  (or any returned seconds for that matter)….  

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Why did I not place an order for a purple one, massively regretting it now.  @Accurascale Fran really hope that you happen to find any hidden at the back of the warehouse  (or any returned seconds for that matter)….  

I'm in the same boat as you. I suddenly decided I wanted a purple one and found they were sold out on pre-orders, so put my name down on the website to get a cancelled or returned order.

Good luck with getting one - I'm not holding out much hope, myself.

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Haverail said:

Hi Fran,

Another comment I've seen is the location for all the pipes etc on the front and rear of the loco. Could some information on this be included with the above?

Thanks

Hi @Haverail,

Absolutely! We're working on that as a matter of urgency this week and will distribute it when done.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

10 hours ago, Wolf27 said:

You could do with a couple of 4mm Supermen for those railgaps (taller ones for the winter).

• Like 1

I’ve been left very disappointed after waiting so long for my Deltic, it arrived on Friday on opening the box some parts were found unattached but the main disappointment was the sound.  I suspect it has faulty speakers as there is a grating/rattle when power is applied which distorts the sound.  However I must congratulate Accurascale though for their prompt action.  After sending an email with video attached to illustrate the fault, I received an apology asked to return my Deltic together with details regarding returns all within the hour.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 6

11 minutes ago, SamThomas said:

You could do with a couple of 4mm Supermen for those railgaps (taller ones for the winter).

Still building the layout, this but isn’t fixed down yet. Small gaps are small issue.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 19/06/2022 at 08:06, Richard Croft said:

This is the final thing i’ll say in this thread, because I’ve just read this after my last post.

I’m just a regular person too, who has a lot of experience with sound.

Richard

This is you being a regular guy, right?

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/index.html

On 19/06/2022 at 08:29, Richard Croft said:

I’ll just post what I find in my own sound thread, that way everyone’s happy.

Richard

As you should have to start with.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, stovepipe said:

This is you being a regular guy, right?

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/index.html

As you should have to start with.

Thats harsh, there are others on here, who have expertise and also sell in the hobby, and some whom have far more vocal opinions on other companies products, often when they have no commercial interest either.

If we were all in the pub the same conversations would still come out, if it were a mix of trade and customers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 15

1 hour ago, mkrob said:

DELAYED

Oh s***. I mean, oh bother!!!!!

DELAYED DELTIC 20.6.2022.JPG

Ha ha, yes I've been checking my tracking which showed due today and it's just changed to delayed - due next working day. It's just like standing in front of the departures arrivals board at Kings Cross 🙂
I have visions of DHL overwhelmed with piles of giant Deltic boxes...

Edited by andyman7
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
On 19/06/2022 at 08:29, Richard Croft said:

I’ll just post what I find in my own sound thread, that way everyone’s happy

From a protocol perspective here that would have been best Richard. By the time I had seen this had started, an unnecessary distraction for all had resulted.

Everyone; please draw a line under it now and move on, back to the Accurascale Deltic rather than third parties.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, friargate said:

I’ve been left very disappointed after waiting so long for my Deltic, it arrived on Friday on opening the box some parts were found unattached but the main disappointment was the sound.  I suspect it has faulty speakers as there is a grating/rattle when power is applied which distorts the sound.  However I must congratulate Accurascale though for their prompt action.  After sending an email with video attached to illustrate the fault, I received an apology asked to return my Deltic together with details regarding returns all within the hour.

Whilst I've not had experience directly of this, through the interactions of other forum members it's clear that whilst Accurascale do try to get things right first time they don't always. Despite this, what makes them so trustworthy and worthy of me giving them a significant portion of my hard earned cash is the fact that they are always consistently good at resolving the issue in the customers favour within reason and striving to improve for next time through taking positive action. Hearing situations such as this actually in many ways improves my confidence in them rather than dents it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Wolf27 said:

This should give you something to discuss

The only thing wrong is Windy Miller doesn’t know whether to grind of pump, maybe it should have been a purple throbber as well? 🤣

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

The detail of the model is great, the bogies in particular have far more detail than anything else I've seen. The chains will make it hard to get the body off but they look great, so I do appreciate the effort to model them. The lift off section on the roof is a good idea for people wanting to fit DCC themselves, although I didnt make a note of which way round it goes so I might have put it back on the wrong way!

DSC_5511.thumb.jpg.095c5d56084f1b065efb5972075e5b37.jpgDSC_5533.thumb.jpg.b2a79cc2c6b849aa745c8a00ea1f8b2d.jpgDSC_5537.thumb.jpg.fc27ae43fe720ad5874d47b71545ab47.jpg

Richard

Are the magnets polarised?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Ooh, just got dispatch notification for my second one - that was ordered in Jan 22 so hopefully that means they've ploughed through most of them now :)

Not sure - mine was ordered 25th October 2021 and nothing happened thus far :(

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, mkrob said:

DELAYED

Oh s***. I mean, oh bother!!!!!

DELAYED DELTIC 20.6.2022.JPG

i’m still trying to figure out order of shipping, I bought my first two, paid in full within 10 minutes of launch back in 2018… my receipt is on page 1 of this thread, so its not in order of payment, unless placing multiple orders and grouping them moves you to the back of the list ?

I note most images coming up are Ballymoss but a few Porterbrook ones are now appearing, are they going certain class members at a time ? Or is it sound fitted ones first perhaps .. that seems to be common too.

13 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Are the magnets polarised?

now theres an idea for the mk1 roof… reverse polarise the magnets to be opposites at each end of the coach, and thus eliminate the possibility of putting the roof back on wrong way around….

or simply put the magnet housings in non-equal positions, so they simply dont fit wrong way around.

Edited by adb968008