Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Well I’ve just had my two pop through the door…
Genuinely don’t know where to start. I don’t think I have adequate vocabulary to express just how impressed I am with what has been delivered. I’m actually slightly intimidated by the level of detail. I knew it was going to be good off the back of sets of hopper and mineral wagons A/S have sent me but this is proper next level stuff.

I haven’t even fired it up at this point. I just set it on the work bench and sat studying it, absorbing the detail. 
Utterly surreal experience seeing it in person. It’s a little bit like the first time you sit in a super car. All you can but do is sit there and try to take it all in. Absolutely amazed.
I had forgotten about the headcode selection… There’s even a cheat sheet for those of us who aren’t fluent in pedant! 

The only negative thing I can think of is something that is out of A/S’s hands… I don’t think my modelling skills can do justice to this. I’m hoping that investing in a/c’s products will be a little bit like what happens to a flautist upgrading to their first solid silver flute in that the instrument quickly drags their skills up to its level. 
Maybe, if I’m lucky, accurascale’s models will have a similar effect on my skills? Well… here’s hoping. 

My thanks to the guys. I was a bit late to the party having only placed an order 12 months ago, but there will doubtless be more orders placed on my part!

Cheers, 

Jon M.

Edited by Super-Sloth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Good morning everyone!

Just a quick update; we're just at the half way point now of orders dispatched from the warehouse. All going well we shall be done by the end of this week, but we will keep you updated of course. 

Thanks very much for your patience once again, it's very much appreciated. We hope those of you who have taken delivery are enjoying your new locos!

Who will be the first to weather theirs?

Cheers!

Fran 

Any tips on this kind of weathering?

image.png.2e4c7958ca50d7c22dcfadc75ace09d6.png

Runs to a country with no extradition treaty...

• Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Any tips on this kind of weathering?

image.png.2e4c7958ca50d7c22dcfadc75ace09d6.png

Runs to a country with no extradition treaty...

At least you have a reference photo....😉

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Buy a Bachmann one?

Surely the Accurascale Deltic provides a far more accurate baseline to start from?

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Surely the Accurascale Deltic provides a far more accurate baseline to start from?

Indeed, but I would never be able to bring myself to do that to an Accurascale Deltic!

Roy

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, MikeParkin65 said:

Cut the nose and cab off the Bachmann version and it looks more like a Deltic anyway :)

I thought that, but decided I shouldn't say it! Certainly the prototype photo has cut off most of what is wrong with the Bachmann version.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

There is absolutely no doubt from all who have participated in this thread, who have received theirs so far that this is a superb model ... but ...

How many have received theirs 'with bits in the bottom of the box'?

Is this packaging, handling, lack of glue?

It's easy to palm it off as 'just one of those things', and I probably would, but they were obviously designed to be part of a whole.

Al.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Should there be bits in the box? Absolutely not. But, in the vast majority of cases it has not been occurring. If it has, just one email to us and we will sort you out.

That's an honest assessment and I think, better than anyone else I have ever seen, that you have been swift and transparent in responding to and addressing any issues flagged up. Obviously I get quite a few models from all across my desk and, honestly, there's only one other manufacturer where I haven't ever had separated detail in transit; but this is a better Deltic. ;)

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi All

received my superb RSG today and everything is absolutely spot on. 

one question id like to add for the 'support' from Accurascale and thats an additional 'how to'........take out the plastic headcode display and put your own running numbers supplied in it !!

the 'glass' on mine has pushed in slightly too far and i dont want to damage anything so perhaps a 'how to' on this one would be good. 

mine has arrived with no bits missing or detached at all so very pleased chaps. 

excellent Loco by the way. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Krieghoff said:

Hi All

received my superb RSG today and everything is absolutely spot on. 

one question id like to add for the 'support' from Accurascale and thats an additional 'how to'........take out the plastic headcode display and put your own running numbers supplied in it !!

the 'glass' on mine has pushed in slightly too far and i dont want to damage anything so perhaps a 'how to' on this one would be good. 

mine has arrived with no bits missing or detached at all so very pleased chaps. 

excellent Loco by the way. 

Hi @Krieghoff,

That's on our list to add to the "how to" section on the Deltics. Once we have them done I will pop up a link here.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Your wish is my command....

1469839111_image(36).png.a9d9febea71d6355dfa06e36ea591478.png

We will get this added to the article itself too.

Cheers!

Fran 

Being REALLY fussy - please can you add the loco name where appropriate? I "know" them by name more than number :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

To make sure I could get the most Deltics from my budget I didn't order any of them sound fitted (in fact I didn't have the choice with RSG). Could anyone recommend for me please a good sound project and best sound decoder that will work properly with the lights please? I'd like to get at least one of them sound fitted fairly sharpish now that all four are paid off. 

Cheers,

Edit: Unless the chance comes up to order the Purple peril then my money will be going that way haha

Edited by 60800

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 60800 said:

To make sure I could get the most Deltics from my budget I didn't order any of them sound fitted (in fact I didn't have the choice with RSG). Could anyone recommend for me please a good sound project and best sound decoder that will work properly with the lights please? I'd like to get at least one of them sound fitted fairly sharpish now that all four are paid off. 

Cheers,

Early days but I'm sure Legoman will offer a compliant version. For sound their project is superb imho. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1