Washout at Dawlish

I meant to add yesterday, that this red crawly thing - the 'spider', is actually known as a Spidermax:

attachicon.gifIMG_2162.JPG

So now that we know his name is Max, it would be rude to address him by any other name... :D

would max be related to you & T K.......

( ok I may apologize for that one maybe )

Haven't had a chance to post until now, but at around 11:30pm on Tuesday 25th March, the Dawlish Beach can clearly showed a long ballast train on the Up line (to London).  It came east to just past the camera then reversed.

So I guess this was the first complete train to cross the new embankment....

• RMweb Gold

Haven't had a chance to post until now, but at around 11:30pm on Tuesday 25th March, the Dawlish Beach can clearly showed a long ballast train on the Up line (to London).  It came east to just past the camera then reversed.

So I guess this was the first complete train to cross the new embankment....

Actually, this was probably the second train, as there was a previous ballast train (the one with the two Colas Class 70s).

My photos taken on the afternoon of 25/3/14 show the up line in need of more ballast - that ballast train (autohoppers) was waiting at Dawlish Warren when I was on site.

• Like 3

hayfield, on 22 Mar 2014 - 10:35, said:hayfield, on 22 Mar 2014 - 10:35, said:

Can we have a little round face with a hard hat and orange jacket please

After a little play around this evening - voilà!!

post-8259-0-14813800-1395957389.gif post-8259-0-14813800-1395957389.gif post-8259-0-14813800-1395957389.gif post-8259-0-14813800-1395957389.gif post-8259-0-14813800-1395957389.gif

I'll have to see if I can animate one.

Up the Orange Army

Edit: bad spelling in French as per Lightengine's post below.

Edited by Highlandman
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Having been offline for over a week, I admit to only skim-reading the last dozen pages. Nevertheless, as has been the case since the ghastly events of early February, our man at NR has provided simply stonking pics and detail of the work going on. Let us not forget his total area of responsibility extends a very long way from here, so he is really favouring us by providing much info. We are very lucky indeed.

Accordingly, I consider a promotion is in order. How does the forum membership think Admiral Kernow might sound?

• Like 2

Accordingly, I consider a promotion is in order. How does the forum membership think Admiral Kernow might sound?

Covered in conversations before you started reading, Ian. I believe the consensus was that he be promoted to Commodore, as he would then still be CK.

A bit like Major Major Major Major in Catch 22.

• RMweb Premium

After a little play around this evening - viola!!

attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif

Up the Orange Army

Just catching up - if CK's got a photo of the 'buzzy whirly sky camera thingy', does that mean he's on one of the NR videos....?

A 'buzzy, whirly, sky camera thingy' would be nice as a smiley too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

post-3305-0-52896200-1395963281.gif All posts relating to the Orange Army shall henceforth be preceded by this icon ;)  There are now just six days to reopening.  Obviously a lot of non-railway work remains but the target has always been to first secure and close the breach and then reopen the railway.  The rest will come good in time.

After a little play around this evening - voilà!!

attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif attachicon.giforange-army.gif

Up the Orange Army

Edit: bad spelling in French as per Lightengine's post below.

Now all we need to do is submit it to the Unicode consortium for inclusion in the standard character set. 

Stranger things have happened -

Unicode 1F639 CAT FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY;

or 1F648 SEE-NO-EVIL MONKEY; 

or for the burger van visitors 1F60B FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD

(see http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/1f60b/index.htm and http://www.unicode.org/charts/nameslist/n_1F600.html)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I believe the consensus was that he be promoted to Commodore, as he would then still be CK.

I am very grateful for the offer of promotion, of course, Honoured Sirs and Ladies, but I most regretfully have to decline this kind offer, one can 'access more areas' as a Captain than even a Commodore or even Admiral...! :D

• RMweb Premium

How come we (that is England) are so cra* at footy but can produce such great art as Emoticons?

Anyhow, I am so looking forward to seeing 'the first train' with pics from the Comedydoor.

I've gone already......

P

Local folks who like taking pics of freights might be interested to know there seems to be several (5) engineers moves booked into the possession at St Thomas tonight, and then gradually returning across the (long) weekend. Engines from green and orange coloured FOCs would seem to be involved as before...

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/EXT/2014/03/29/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=non-passenger&order=wtt

(And it might not even be raining tomorrow!)

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Posted Today, 10:16

Waving too vigorously?

post-6971-0-10096200-1396001558.gif

too jerkily?

post-6971-0-40915900-1396001647.gif

Maybe need more frames. Anyone else? Think it really needs the flag and arm to rotate a bit, rather than just going up and down, but I've got other stuff to do now.

At the mo., I can't be a**sed to fiddle with an animated gif, but to me the flag is too small - it looks more like a hand gun, I guess I've been watching too many USA crime shows...  and the hard hat looks like a 'Bobby's'.

However, it would blend in with the other emoticons on this site, very few of which I understand (but 'Show All' attempts to explain   :rtfm: ).

Best wishes,

Ray