2021 hopes

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

After Hornby's attention being heavily directed eastward for 2020, I'm hoping for at least one all-new loco numbered thus: 30xxx. 

John

And midland-ward last year and southward before that. Surely it’s westward looking this year. 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I hope that Hornby do a full fat rebuilt Crosti 9f as I’m pretty sure they’d fly off the shelves.  Also I hope they do DCR’s Class 56’s and 60’s in their grey livery as well as reissue the EMT/EMR HST.

One can hope :D

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

A large carnivorous mammal.  And maybe I could and mention something very surprising and radical and go again with my old chestnut which I first put in this sort of thread a few years back and tried again the following year (so was wrong twice)?   Do I go for 3rd time lucky?

I'd rather they did their Collett coaches in post war GWR livery or even austerity brown.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

36 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

With Hornby going through their back catalogue Pacific Loco's and retooling them over the last few years, I think we'll see either the Modified (Rebuilt) Merchant Navy or Gresley A1/A3 being announced as a retool next month.

I keep hoping they will do the Maunsell L1 from their back catalogue.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

I am predicting there will be something for everyone, nothing for some, and equal measures of joy, missed opportunities and dissatisfaction. 
If I were predicting something I would like to predict a Titfield Thunderbolt set  which would be very nice.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

On a railway topic, a Class 42 Warship to current RTR standards, which could possibly happen.

On a general topic, that the Covid-19 epidemic teaches humans that not everything can be predicted or controlled immediately, and that their behaviour can adversely affect other humans. Which, having seen how a large number of humans have behaved so far, is a forlorn hope 

Edited by Tankerman
Bad grammar.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I think that the L&M blue coaches were intended for 2021, but were brought forward due to Rails announcement. So probably the full run of them, but probably with some sort of goods stock as an addition to the range. Whilst there are no doubt still lots of possibilities for industrial locos, that market place is filling fast with other manufacturers joining in, so something else L&M (or another very early era prototype) could be a good move in the "small and cute" arena.

Also in the "small" but probably not the "cute" category how about a shunting tractor rather than an actual loco? My knowledge is virtually non-existent on the subject so I have no idea if there is anything in that sphere that would be big enough to motorise successfully in OO, but it would be something different and could exploit Hornby's small loco engineering capabilities.

The Bulmers Pullman, as suggested above, would certainly join my fleet as 6000 has always been a special loco to me. But, far more mundane, a blue 31 with headcode blinds (or dominos, I can change those) and steps up side the would get a couple of purchases.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

And midland-ward last year and southward before that. Surely it’s westward looking this year. 

There seems to be quite a lot of that coming (and announced) from other quarters at present. A full-fat 10xx would seem sensible but a pre-emptive strike at the competition with a 78xx might be more Hornby's style!

My bank balance continues to swell despite buying a new camera outfit this year so there's clearly something of a lack of trains that tempt me. 58072 will only be my second all-new loco this year.... (a Hornby large prairie was the first). Everything else has been catch-ups of earlier releases of which I wanted extras.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

A newly tooled Saint to compliment Didcot’s latest efforts would be fantastic, I’d pre-order one the instant the opportunity came up.  

One thing I’m very much hoping to see is a train pack featuring Lion and some of he new 3rd class L&MR coaches. Rocket was a massive success for Hornby and it would be interesting to see if they tried to bank on that success with another similar release. 

Edited by aaron3820
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1

Are we aloud to discuss this yet? :scared: 

I found it hilarious how on Simon and Montana's Recent Hornby Q&A they mentioned that they already have their 2022 range and 2023 range!  already planned but they joked that they hadn't had their 2021 range sorted.

My predictions for 2021 (disclaimer I am not predicting that all of these models are to be introduced launched or Reintroduced out of them all I'd say at least one).

Newly tooled 

Newly tooled BR MK4 coaches in original BR IC swallow livery and probably PP liveries.

Newly tooled BR MK4 DVT same quality as the BR MK3 DVT

Newly tooled BR Class 89 original BR IC executive livery, IC swallow livery (if Rails won't go through with it).

Newly tooled BR Class 81

Reintroduced

Steam locomotives

BR Clan Class 6MT 

SR Battle of Britain Golden Arrow both original and rebuilt.

DMUs/EMUs

BR Class 110

BR Class 142 Pacer RailBus (in any BR liveries.) (Probably railroad now) been a while since was Reintroduced 2013 was it? 

BR Class 466 "Connex" Networker

Train packs

LNER: Inter-City 125 "Let's go Round Again!" BR Class 43 power cars with seperate BR MK3 Coaches.

the second "Final days of HST" GWR 43009 and GWR 43185 BR Intercity Swallow. With a rake of matching MK3s separately.

RailRoad 

RailRoad BR Class 37 in original BR Blue with DCC fitted with TTS sound.

Possibly one or two of these prprediction  be reintroduced into the RailRoad range out of the following if the toolings still exist.

BR Class 25 In BR Blue or BR Green

BR Class 29 BR Blue

BR Class 33 BR Blue

BR Class 35 (Hymek) 

BR Class 52 (Western)  in BR Blue or Marron

BR Class 58 in BR 1985 in Grey Railfreight Livery 

BR MK3s standard first and buffet of the older tooling in RailRoad range to go with 2019 BR Class 43 HST power cars. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

L&M wagons? I doubt anyone knows what they were like. It wasn't particularly a coal railway like the S&D, most coal would have still travelled by canal from Wigan. More things like cotton bales going to Manchester and finished goods to the docks.

Worth bearing in mind Hornby hasn't made anything for 1830. The Rocket is 1979 and the coaches were built in 1930.

So possibly Lion. But I would think more likely in Titfield condition with Dan's Coach. Isn't there an anniversary of that coming up?

Jason

• Like 2

Predictions, rather than wishlisting...

More era 1 stuff. Quite possibly the (repeatedly) aforementioned Lion. Maybe even in a train pack as the Titfield Thunderbolt.

Re-tooled Cowans Sheldon crane.

Another industrial loco.

Several colourful private owner open wagons.

Re-tooled N2.

GWR 6014.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 7013 said:

I am predicting there will be something for everyone, nothing for some, and equal measures of joy, missed opportunities and dissatisfaction. 
If I were predicting something I would like to predict a Titfield Thunderbolt set  which would be very nice.

I think you could well have made a two very intuitive guesses there.  That large carnivorous mammal appearing yet again, plus 'something for everyone'.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

L&M wagons? I doubt anyone knows what they were like. It wasn't particularly a coal railway like the S&D, most coal would have still travelled by canal from Wigan. More things like cotton bales going to Manchester and finished goods to the docks.

Worth bearing in mind Hornby hasn't made anything for 1830. The Rocket is 1979 and the coaches were built in 1930.

So possibly Lion. But I would think more likely in Titfield condition with Dan's Coach. Isn't there an anniversary of that coming up?

Jason

There is a lithograph that gives some indication as to the types of wagons in use. 

854946512.jpg

This image is a direct link from the Science + Industry museum in Manchester. There is quite a bit of information on their website. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good luck to Hornby, I say. Margate is in Tier.... 4...?  The last couple of years have been pretty good Western wise, what with the large Prairie and suburban sets. I'm not going to start wish-listing personally; I've got enough on my plate. That said, if Hornby produced a quality Felix Pole 20-tonner, then I'd suggest it would prove an attractive proposition, across both eras & regions/companies. Hornby made an exquisite  Toad brakevan, so it's not beyond the whit of man to see similar standard models from Thanet. 

A cost-saving idea for Hornby. If you are producing more (or, new ) mineral wagons, leave the Tampo machine alone, and release these wagons without numbers. We can renumber  these ourselves. If collectors want a boxed, 'as-is' model, then by all means, do so, and charge a premium for the collector market. Modellers will buy far more wagons, than a single collector. 

Happy Christmas, everyone!

Ian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Genuinely no idea this year . It does seem that most of the big locos that Hornby favour have been modelled .  Do we really need a new A3 . I know there are ski ramp issues with existing ones but is that the moulding or just bad assembly?

Guesses : A coronation set following on from The Coronation Scot . Probably something from Rocket  era , although this maybe next year .  Maybe the TPE class 800 that was let slip in the 2020 catalogue , but we’ve yet to see the LNER ones , so I don’t know .Overhead electric mus are still an area that’s under represented  . Diecast A4 or Castle following on from the successful Duchess of Atholl? 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2