Kernow SPA Wagon (ex FTG Models) see page 13 - was new unannounced model

woodenhead

Prince Charming: You! You can't lie. So tell me, puppet. What is it?

Pinocchio: Uh. Hmm, well, uh... I don't know what it's not.

Charming: You're telling me you don't know what it is?

Pinocchio: It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect.

Charming: So you do know what it is!

Pinocchio: On the contrary, I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably...

Charming: Stop it!

Pinocchio: ...Do or do not know what it shouldn’t probably be, if that indeed wasn't what it isn't. Even if it wasn't what I knew it was, that'd mean I'd really have to know what it wasn't...

with apologies to the producers of Shrek (the third)

Edited by D6975
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The speed with which the boxes aboard ship might have been unloaded, cleared customs and reached Camborne would have been remarkable if they did indeed contain the MCR 47.  

Tis a marketing ploy I tell you.  Wonder if the next release of the Dapol track cleaner will include a froth-remover.

• RMweb Premium

Prince Charming: You! You can't lie. So tell me, puppet. What is it?

Pinocchio: Uh. Hmm, well, uh... I don't know what it's not.

Charming: You're telling me you don't know what it is?

Pinocchio: It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect.

Charming: So you do know what it is!

Pinocchio: On the contrary, I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably...

Charming: Stop it!

Pinocchio: ...Do or do not know what it shouldn’t probably be, if that indeed wasn't what it isn't. Even if it wasn't what I knew it was, that'd mean I'd really have to know what it wasn't...

Charming = Hacker

Pinocchio = Sir Humphrey

*all together now*  "yes, minister!"

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

So Bachmann is doing commissions again? It must mean the log jam has been freed.

That rather depends on when the items were commissioned.

What Bachmann said over the summer was they would not be taking on any new commissions - in other words commissions taken on prior to the announcement would still be honoured (not least because the commissionaire could take legal action for breach of contract if they suddenly got told 'we are stopping work on it' by Bachmann).

• RMweb Premium

So Bachmann is doing commissions again? It must mean the log jam has been freed.

I think there is a difference between a commission of a new tooling (e.g. USA tank) v an extra set of models (500?) with a different livery added to a batch of models coming from existing tooling (e.g. The MCR 47)

I think there is a difference between a commission of a new tooling (e.g. USA tank) v an extra set of models (500?) with a different livery added to a batch of models coming from existing tooling (e.g. The MCR 47)

Assuming the painting/livery batch size is smaller than the manufacturing batch, I suspect this sort of livery edition is a cost effective way of getting the manufacturing batch to a large enough size for the factory.

Given new tooling commissioners now seem to be able to go to the factories direct or via intermediaries such as DJM, the cost for Bachmann relative to say a DJM model is likely to be higher as they have a larger corporate overhead to recover.

David

• RMweb Gold

So what we're saying is the unnanounced model that appeared unannounced on the website wasn't the unannounced model of this topic, but they might make an announcement about it at some unannounced time in the future?

It's a 'cannot confirm or deny' situation (or might not be, as the case may, or may not, be).

• Like 1

I can’t believe I have read twelve pages of this ether.

It seemed perfectly clear to me from the outset; A Previously Unannounced Model is a Previously Unannounced Model.

Very much like “Brexit means Brexit”, no further explanation is required or deserved. (Although a very select group of people are probably gathering to discuss it over the next two years because they aren’t sure what it is they have made / ordered either).

You should remember though before ordering anything that it is now likely to be 15% more expensive than when it was previously unannounced

No

It's some accurately sized ballast - look at the background......

Oh dear, the colour / shade is all wrong so I am going to cancel my pre-order.

It's just as well really as I have spent the last two years scratch-building my own ballast from I stone I found in the garden.