Kernow SPA Wagon (ex FTG Models) see page 13 - was new unannounced model

woodenhead

• RMweb Gold

Happy to be proved wrong but that doesn't look like OAA chassis to me... more like an SPA chassis which begs the question of duplication or some sort of tie up with FTG

M

Possibly but if so it looks like my SPA brake rigging is wrong if it it right...

Let's hope there are proper leaf springs on it too ;)

Griff

Could be worse, Kernow could have announced Code 75 bullhead rail but no turnouts; an even more pointless subject!

Some of us like building pointless layouts, so what's wrong with a track range that doesn't include turnouts? I just wish someone would do it in the right gauge!

Some of us like building pointless layouts, so what's wrong with a track range that doesn't include turnouts? I just wish someone would do it in the right gauge!

Well, yes, as you appear to concede, your, ahem, point would be better made were Kernow to announce Broad Gauge track without points!  As Kernow's commissions have not thus far supported the pre-1930s modeller, and I suspect Kernow of a slight ex-South Western bias, I suspect you would have to work hard to persuade them that they wanted to make track for the Exeter to Crediton in the 1870s!  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Kernow have acquired the tooling of the SPA Wagon from FTG Models and have eight models in stock for immediate delivery. They have produced four ZAA PIKE versions in Dutch livery and four Railfreight (weathered) versions.

• Like 1

From Graham Muz's post above, it would seem that he's done some sort of deal for the tooling. I hope this is the case.

I was thinking more along the lines of why he sold, I am sure he got something in return. Unless the sale is to allow him to develop another model.

• RMweb Premium

I feel for Hugh, he put a lot of work into that wagon.

I recently bought the set of 5 in Network Rail livery from FTG. Stunning models with great detail. The packaging itself is a work of art. An absolute steal at £105 for the 5.

I was thinking more along the lines of why he sold, I am sure he got something in return. Unless the sale is to allow him to develop another model.

Yes. He is working on a CO2 tanker now, which is progressing well. If he had sold these SPA's at £32, instead of the much lower price he charged, well, who knows? I am not complaining about the Kernow price, as I understand all the overheads they have and the investment they have made, and this is good news. But, for those of you that don't know FTG, created by Hugh, it stands for Fill The Gap, and that is exactly what he is trying to do. 

• RMweb Gold

below is the full release from Kernow, it should be noted that this was very a mutual deal between Kernow and FTG.

Kernow Model Rail Centre are pleased to announce they have acquired the tooling of the SPA Wagon from FTG Models and have eight models in stock for immediate delivery.

We have produced four ZAA PIKE versions in Dutch livery and four Railfreight (weathered) versions and these can be seen below.  Clicking the images will take you to the relevant page on the Kernow website.

Sb004c%20low%20res1478181267.jpg.jpg SB004A DJ Models ZAA PIKE Open Wagon number DC460019 in Dutch Civil Engineers £29.99
Sb004c%20low%20res1478181301.jpg.jpg SB004B DJ Models ZAA PIKE Open Wagon number DC460036 Dutch Civil Engineers £29.99
Sb004c%20low%20res1477477419.jpg.jpg SB004C DJ Models ZAA PIKE Open Wagon number DC460046 Dutch Civil Engineers £29.99
Sb004c%20low%20res1478181345.jpg.jpg SB004D DJ Models ZAA PIKE Open Wagon number DC460419 in Dutch Civil Engineers £29.99

Weathered:
Sb005b%20low%20res1478181481.jpg.jpg SB005A DJ Models SPA Open Wagon number 460089 in BR Railfreight livery with weathered finish£32.99
Sb005b%20low%20res1477477480.jpg.jpg SB005B DJ Models SPA Open Wagon number 460123 in BR Railfreight livery with weathered finish£32.99
Sb005b%20low%20res1478181570.jpg.jpg SB005C DJ Models SPA Open Wagon number 460275 in BR Railfreight livery with weathered finish£32.99
Sb005b%20low%20res1478181595.jpg.jpg SB005D DJ Models SPA Open Wagon number 460890 in BR Railfreight livery with weathered finish£32.99

There is a dedicated web page for these models on our website http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/157/SPA-Wagons
Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1