post-6208-0-55436100-1543360611_thumb.jpg

post-6208-0-89707500-1543360661_thumb.jpg

post-6208-0-07828600-1543360669_thumb.jpg

post-6208-0-42310400-1543360676_thumb.jpg

post-6208-0-92290500-1543360682_thumb.jpg

post-6208-0-71253600-1543360690_thumb.jpg

Keith

• Like 13

Chateau Migraine, tucked up in the top right hand corner of the floor plan (E004), was another very nicely modelled and well presented small layout.

There's a YouTube video of it taken at Modelspoor Expo, last month.....

(select full screen)

Edited by Ron Ron Ron
  • Like 6

Phil's put together an excellent edition of BRM Express with lots of news and interviews from Warley, this should come out later on Friday so it's worth signing up in advance to get the free 30+mins of chat and info. There's an interesting nugget in the Accurascale interview for the frothers.

Sign up for free here - https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/account/create?seoChannel=brm&returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.world-of-railways.co.uk

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Chateau Migraine, tucked up in the top right hand corner of the floor plan (E004), was another very nicely modelled and well presented small layout.

(select full screen)

It was a well modelled layout, one of the best in the show and I feel should have been in a more prominent  position.  Nice bunch of chaps who were operating it as well.

• Like 3

My Mrs. was highly amused and impressed by Chateau Migraine and yes, the bloke operating it seemed a very pleasant chap.

If I'd known you'd be hanging about in the Naughty Corner, Clive, I'd have made sure to catch up with you. All I can say is that each morning as I walked past to breakfast you must still have been face down in the night before's gutter. Or whatever it is you Diesel modellers get up to. There were some lovely little layouts in that part of the show.

SWMBO was also very taken with the extensive scrapyard someone has photographed back upthread, but please note that it was Belgian, not German. We don't want any faux pas.

• RMweb Premium

It is bad manners fro any magazine to stop the operators/get in their way etc while the  paying public are in the hall. They could ask for he video pre start of the day orvjust post close on Saturday.

Baz

• Administrators

It is bad manners fro any magazine to stop the operators/get in their way etc while the  paying public are in the hall. They could ask for he video pre start of the day orvjust post close on Saturday.

Baz

I'd agree, but I suspect in the case of the German mag, entry outside show hours might not have been possible as they might not have been able to arrnage an exhibitor/press pass.

We normally do this sort of thing out of hours (it's a lot easier for a start), but if a shoot overruns and you are still there as the early public are coming in, it's possible to turn yourself into part of the entertainment. People are interested in how layout photos are taken and videos shot so we'll explain how and what we are doing, let them watch the variable focusing etc. You do need to be the sort of person who can put on a show AND work AND get out of ther way ASAP though. 

iPad videoing in front of a small, letterbox style tramway layout though. Grrr......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My big disappointment was that the prototype bus in the hall wasn't on a bridge over a railway.

G.

We had a bus (or coach really) on Dobris but there isn't a bridge so it resides in the yard. Did have a beer lorry waiting at the crossing. Also a VW camper with surf boards on top - I try to have one of these on each of my layouts despite the Czech Republic being land locked :sungum:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

My Mrs. was highly amused and impressed by Chateau Migraine and yes, the bloke operating it seemed a very pleasant chap.

If I'd known you'd be hanging about in the Naughty Corner, Clive, I'd have made sure to catch up with you. All I can say is that each morning as I walked past to breakfast you must still have been face down in the night before's gutter. Or whatever it is you Diesel modellers get up to. There were some lovely little layouts in that part of the show.

SWMBO was also very taken with the extensive scrapyard someone has photographed back upthread, but please note that it was Belgian, not German. We don't want any faux pas.

Hi Jonathan

Likewise I should have had a chat with you in the "how to build trains classroom" as I did with Mr Wright, Mr King and Bazza. You always had someone who was in deep conversation with you, the other 3 must have been bored to chat to me. :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

A useful addition to Lime St., would be new crowd barriers suitably designed for correct height / optimum viewing.

kneeling-rail.jpg

It'd make an interesting sight, watching the faithful kneeling in reverence before this amazing model edifice.

I thought they were for use at the Bachmann stand to pray for deliverance of thy pre-order. :jester:

Keith

• Like 1

Baz

IIRC exhibitors are only allowed to be in the Hall about 15 minutes after 'closing time' on Saturday (i.e. just about enough time to secure any stock away), after which the power is turned off.

There's usually an announcement to this effect in the last hour, but I don't remember hearing it this time.

• RMweb Gold

IIRC exhibitors are only allowed to be in the Hall about 15 minutes after 'closing time' on Saturday (i.e. just about enough time to secure any stock away), after which the power is turned off.

There's usually an announcement to this effect in the last hour, but I don't remember hearing it this time.

It happened - and on Saturday it went off even sooner..

Probably my favourite layout at Warley this year. In fact all the European imports were excellent in my opinion.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It was a well modelled layout, one of the best in the show and I feel should have been in a more prominent  position.  Nice bunch of chaps who were operating it as well.

Certainly my favourite operating team. After the breakdown, they both came to apologise for having to walk through our bit at the back. And to further soften the blow they gave me 2 bottles of Leffe! I've a new-found liking for the Belgians now. Hope you got home ok chaps.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

I didn't go to Warley, but based on that video of Chateau Migraine, the first word that springs is mind is "exquisite".

• RMweb Premium

I've been thinking :scratchhead:

If I get rid of the living room and dining room furniture, knock down the wall between them, do away with my kitchen, bathroom and bedroom ...

then I should have enough space to build a railway for one of these :sungum:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Mine was that I can remember going to work on identical buses and now it's in a museum. Begs the question, is it time for the care home?

I know the feeling . Everytime I visit the Bridgeton Museum in Glasgow I'm seeing exhibits I remember being introduced new , mainly Volvo Ailsas and Daimler Fleetlines .

Now I've seen Everard Junction on YouTube and find it distressing he is so young!  Excellent coverage on there of Warley for those of us who couldn't make it

I suppose its called getting old .

Yes, understand what you mean - wife nearly fell off her seat a month or so ago reading the Sunday Times Style section - seems I'm a fashion icon - see here.. BTW, I'm the one on the left......

attachicon.gif20181108_173109.jpg

Reminds me of a Month Python sketch where a bevy of beautiful women paraded past the camera lens followed by a Python in drag. Off camera a voice could be heard going "phwoar, phwoar, phwoar, urrrrgh!"