Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

4 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

With mine due in the next couple of hours I'm wondering, should I have left the bunting out? 🤪

Red Arrows flypast? (I pondered that for the delivery of my Kernow D600s just over 3 years ago......!)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Impatiently waiting for my dispatch email "Nimbus" unfulfilled (but paid for). Never even knew I needed a (sound fitted) Deltic until the small person and I went to see Heaton Lodge. A set of PTA wagons highlighted Accurascale's OO detail and quality, and a "won't miss that" instalment plan twisted my arm... and then a few days later a 'modern' 37....and then.... 😁 

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's also slightly disappointing the point is about our first British made product (driver figures) and a huge amount of work has gone into making them with the guys from Modelu (a brilliant company) as we detailed elsewhere but perhaps Sam missed that. Let's see what happens though and you have got to respect the channel, following and career Sam has made out of his channel.

Is this the time to do "Sam Scans" in different scales? 🤣

• RMweb Gold
Just now, woodenhead said:

Look at the difference between it and the Baby Deltic - I know there are years apart, but the big Deltic looks so much crisper.

It'll be worse for me, my baby is an A1 Models version on Lima class 20 chassis .....

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Just an observation - no more - as an eagerly expectant recipient of two and based only on the photographs posted so far...the cab side and front window fit looks better on the green than the Rail Blue version...

Tin hat on...

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, 31A said:

D9004 arrived 12:24 today....

IMG_4797.thumb.jpeg.2a0831aaf51044b216d1d8c25ba41825.jpeg

I wonder who will be brave enough and be first to show their weathering of one of these beauties.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Karl said:

Working from home this morning and a nice early delivery, 'The Black Watch' straight from the box in the morning sunshine. I agree with the comment that the box doesn't feel heavy but when you take the model out it really is!

Fantastic looking model.

The Black Watch  17.6.2022-1.jpg

The Black Watch  17.6.2022-2.jpg

The Black Watch  17.6.2022-3.jpg

Just to follow up, it's had a test run at lunch. Another silky smooth runner here! Accurascale have done a fantastic job! (Looking forward to my 4 Manors even more now and definitely weakening on a class 37!)

One question, one of the chains linking the bogies to the body had come away from the body when I opened it. It's the only 'flaw' on an otherwise outstanding model. Anyone any advice on the best glue to use to reattach?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Karl said:

Just to follow up, it's had a test run at lunch. Another silky smooth runner here! Accurascale have done a fantastic job! (Looking forward to my 4 Manors even more now and definitely weakening on a class 37!)

One question, one of the chains linking the bogies to the body had come away from the body when I opened it. It's the only 'flaw' on an otherwise outstanding model. Anyone any advice on the best glue to use to reattach?

Hi Karl,

Yes, the chains to the body was not the most ideal solution, and we ask people to take great care when removing the body. Tiniest amount of superglue applied with a pin or cocktail stick.

The 37 chain is to the chassis so we have learned from it. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

A couple of tiny detail parts loose in box on mine…. One is the already identified fuel tank valve as per 40012s post above but not sure what the other beliw is. Wonder if the team can advise please? 6B73DC0C-9B55-4C63-8229-280F7ACC177D.thumb.jpeg.44935f3d45a057c2daffa558253e91c3.jpeg

Have just had it fired up on the the test  track…. Oh that wonderful moan, other sounds pretty good too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Look at the difference between it and the Baby Deltic - I know there are years apart, but the big Deltic looks so much crisper.

I'm waiting with baited breath for someone to pose one alongside the Bachmann version.

You just know its coming!!!😅

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Travel from Accurascale HQ has plainly been at Deltic velocity! 

F93A4DEE-964D-4574-B92C-FF2EB9C5EE26.thumb.jpeg.9f29e88b6a44a65dc050b204a3b82ef0.jpeg

DHL driver has retired hurt to get hernia treated! 

What can I say? It looks as good as we all knew it would…. Now, where is ECoS? Luckily the neighbours are away …..

Not surprised you went for this version Phil! Despite being a Deltic photos of it like this are uncommon, I didn't see one until around 20 years ago and I can still count them on the fingers of one hand (maybe including the thumb!)

I just missed green Deltics in action - my first visit to Kings Cross was in December 1969 and I think the last green one (D9014?) had gone blue a few weeks earlier. I did see 55002 in green in 1980 though - once! And only because I was living in Lincoln at the time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

A couple of tiny detail parts loose in box on mine…. One is the already identified fuel tank valve as per 40012s post above but not sure what the other beliw is. Wonder if the team can advise please? 6B73DC0C-9B55-4C63-8229-280F7ACC177D.thumb.jpeg.44935f3d45a057c2daffa558253e91c3.jpeg

Have just had it fired up on the the test  track…. Oh that wonderful moan, other sounds pretty good too.

Hi Phil,

'tis the early style horn.

1745133614_ImagefromiOS-2022-06-17T134802_471.thumb.jpg.f63552367d07d1aec48571760875936a.jpg

Apologies for that.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1