Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium

🙂

P1002528.JPG.585061e6e084e9d6f6f1b40f834b6d93.JPG

P1002529.JPG.8a4ca7035c6dab4025d334705319eec3.JPG

P1002530.JPG.47a3aca9806576244b738f52a9523ac4.JPG

All seems to be intact, nothing seems to be loose or dropped off. Will need to find out how to remove the chains from the body at some point to allow getting to the chassis, and to put in crew, but that's for another day.

👍

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, philg said:

Any idea who Rails use for deliveries? We have a broad range of “skills” delivering here, and as we’re about to head for Greece shortly I’d like to think it’d be left somewhere”safe”…….

Rails used Parcel Force for the APT-E I ordered last week, it arrived yesterday safe and sound (I ordered it as a Father’s Day present for myself, well no one else was going to) and after reading the warning in the manual about front overhang I placed it in several curves on my layout and it promptly got boxed up and now is awaiting collection by Royal Mail tomorrow for return and refund 😭

But on the bright side I got notification today that my Nimbus is on its way…..silver lining and all that 👍

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

59 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

Got a bit of a nice problem with the DCC sound models........ too many sound functions! My poor controller can only go up to function 20. Has anyone found a way to remap functions to further down the function list? For example I can't access F25 (engine room lights) so would like to replace it with F19 (sound fade) since I would get more fun from engine room lights.

If its easy enough to do it might be a nice guide to add to the collection Accurascale? 

With these increasingly complex decoders I’d strongly suggest using JMRI/DecoderPro to do the programming. It makes moving functions around a breeze (and it also allows you to “back up” all the cv settings, so you can “restore” them if things go awry - that’s the first thing I’ll do with mine)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, philg said:

With these increasingly complex decoders I’d strongly suggest using JMRI/DecoderPro to do the programming. It makes moving functions around a breeze (and it also allows you to “back up” all the cv settings, so you can “restore” them if things go awry - that’s the first thing I’ll do with mine)

Will Lok Programmer do the same thing? 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Will Lok Programmer do the same thing? 

Yes it does - and for back up save the file before you start, then save again as a different file once you are happy with modified settings

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Yes it does - and for back up save the file before you start, then save again as a different file once you are happy with modified settings

And then make the original save file read only to prevent accidents…

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 21/06/2022 at 13:57, zr2498 said:

Email from the team ...... amazing 🙂

Lesson for other suppliers - how to look after your customers

image.png.4774582b07dd166d1d3c8e25968afe1e.png

image.png.0664e8ba8221f9123aba1b8f678e4e59.png

Is it possible to have those links posted here? I don't have that email and can't see where those articles are on the Accurascale website.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Is it possible to have those links posted here? I don't have that email and can't see where those articles are on the Accurascale website.

All here: https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic

on an iphone/ipad you may have to refresh the page

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, philg said:

Any idea who Rails use for deliveries? We have a broad range of “skills” delivering here, and as we’re about to head for Greece shortly I’d like to think it’d be left somewhere”safe”…….

My pre-order (via my Rails account) states Royal mail 48 hour tracked  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

All here: https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/class-55-deltic

on an iphone/ipad you may have to refresh the page

It doesn't help that I use NoScript in Firefox, and there's rather a lot of third-party javascript files that get blocked, so I have to work out what's the minimum files that need to be 'let through' to be able to get the page to load. Got there eventually though.

Now I just need to figure out how to get JMRI Decoder Pro to show more than 28 function buttons...

2 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Now what exactly do I do this coming weekend when I’m away until early next week and am expecting another Deltic ? Maybe ask my neighbour….but there’s no hope is there if DHL’s advertised systems simply do not work. 

Hi Ian

Had a similar problem myself, mine not yet dispatched so not coming tomorrow, then I'm away from Friday for the weekend while they expect to complete dispatch.

As others had posted, l just emailed Accurascale Support requesting it be held back till mid next week.

Received a nice reply this had been done within 10 minutes!!

Amazing customer service

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

It's not a Paul Chetter Zimo scheme you know ;)

Apologies, I'm not sure I understand the reference? Who is Paul Chetter, I've heard of Zimo, I have one of their decoders on an Irish model.

1 hour ago, E100 said:

Just watched Sam's Trains review. He's very fair and pretty impressed by and large.

Is this the chap with a huge train set on a bedroom floor carpet with a very affable manner?

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 97406 said:

Knowing my luck, I’ll be the last one…. ☹️ 

812A4C7D-E6CB-4E8F-BCB7-43D4E9897AC9.jpeg

You're quite safe, I'll be the last.

Due to absolutely no fault whatsoever of Accurascale, the total incompetence of  Spanish customs and ADT Postales will ensure I have that honour.

I'm still awaiting Kerosene Castle from last November via Rails, it's done more air miles backwards and forwards  than me lately!

Mike.

• Friendly/supportive 4

Just for anyones assistance.

I received my AS notification this morning, and on checking the courier, they picked it up at 10.30am.

So D9004, which was ordered on 26/2/22 at 7.30pm, is on its way. Order no. is Acc-26673.

Hope that gives those waiting some guidance.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, E100 said:

Just watched Sam's Trains review. He's very fair and pretty impressed by and large.

Scuff marks are a shame. I must say that if either of mine are so affected they will be exchanged; all but impossible to correct. I'm sure that does not meet AS high standards, and not seen other reports on here of poor body finish/damage.

What is the issue with the couplings? Has anyone else had this problem? Again I presume AS have checked the NEM height on a gauge, so not quite sure what happened to Sam's models. Ditto slow speed problems - the whole point of helical gears is that there is no cogging.

In all honesty while he is entitled to review a model 'as is' he should have really sent back for an exchange and reviewed a 'perfect' (or at least more representative) model IMHO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Scuff marks are a shame. I must say that if either of mine are so affected they will be exchanged; all but impossible to correct. I'm sure that does not meet AS high standards, and not seen other reports on here of poor body finish/damage.

What is the issue with the couplings? Has anyone else had this problem? Again I presume AS have checked the NEM height on a gauge, so not quite sure what happened to Sam's models. Ditto slow speed problems - the whole point of helical gears is that there is no cogging.

In all honesty while he is entitled to review a model 'as is' he should have really sent back for an exchange and reviewed a 'perfect' (or at least more representative) model IMHO.

I think in the past he has sent locos back for body issues and got one in return with identical issues.  

Les

My Nimbus arrived this morning- two end steps detached and restored, plus one of the little blue thingies off the bodyside was mangled and is now off awaiting straightening and return. Otherwise no problems.

It seems a little quiet.

To avoid ploughing through umpteenty pages has anyone the CV for the master volume?

Les

57 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

That’s not what he does unfortunately. He has on a number of occasions reviewed a clearly faulty loco previously and then gone on to use the faulty features of the loco as part of his review of the model itself. For example he slated the Bachmann 9F as a model due to its rough running, which was a fault, not a design flaw!