Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium

I can't wait for mine to wing its way over here, it looks to be a wonderful model. The Bachmann model isn't a bad model but this one looks to be a class above and it's difficult to see how anyone else could beat it. 

9 hours ago, thetrains said:

Yes remove body shell, but clearly the photos show the front of the model viewed from outside, it's not just me who think that, so does my son, and my other son and my wife and 6 mbrs at local club, as we're all to frightened to take body off!

There are 5 pictures in the 'how-to' guide - the first & last are of the outside but the other 3 are most definitely interior shots. 

• RMweb Gold
On 07/07/2022 at 00:44, jools1959 said:

I hope this is the right thread but with the driver and second man, are they ordered through Accurascale or ModelU?  As they are set in the banger blue era, will there be any in the current era with train crew in protective hi-viz clothing?

From my experience, you don't normally drive wearing hi-viz, but it is nearby for going line-side.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, AY Mod said:

No it doesn't, the shots are very, very clearly of the inside of the body and nose. The final shot is from outside.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 17.03.48.png

Some days the manufacturers really, really have my sympathy.

I know it's quite clearly a shot looking into the body and nose of the Deltic but I can "flip it" in my mind (at will) so that it's a shot of the inside or the outside.

I bit like the candle stick/two girls, or the young girl/old witch, or the rotating cube...

It's definitely inside but I can also "see" how others could think it was outside!

(The finish, the PCB "cap", and the Buffers give it away.)

Kev.

• Funny 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, SHMD said:

but I can "flip it" in my mind (at will) so that it's a shot of the inside or the outside.

I'd give you that if there weren't other clues in plain sight. 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, SHMD said:

I know it's quite clearly a shot looking into the body and nose of the Deltic but I can "flip it" in my mind (at will) so that it's a shot of the inside or the outside.

I bit like the candle stick/two girls, or the young girl/old witch, or the rotating cube...

It's definitely inside but I can also "see" how others could think it was outside!

(The finish, the PCB "cap", and the Buffers give it away.)

Kev.

Agreed, and people will see what they want to see 😉

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, DLIBOD17 said:

Suspect Accurascale have various livery permutations in mind for the second run of 55’s but I’ll throw the following liveries into the ring. Credit to the original image photographers/owners……

194CE986-7B20-4FEF-AA06-589E7BDC3C4E.jpeg

8853ACC3-6CC2-4525-BC99-39F6E5AFE1A5.jpeg

DEEAA0F5-E1AA-4E0D-B314-A41A42942BE9.jpeg

0CCD5C1B-6EBF-4682-BC0C-CE12604ABFD5.jpeg

I will throw a couple of suggestions in

RSG in late 90's preserved green, obviously it worked a number of Virgin XC services at that time so you could model it with both Virgin and Intercity liveried MK2's, and of course would be a match for the purple one.

RSG in late plain blue livery rather than the Railtour bling of the current version, RSG was unique in surviving to the end of service without the plated over headcode so I would predict high demand for that.

Finally my own personal choice 013 in late Blue livery.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

What, and spoil a good whinge, you'll be suggesting people use common sense next!

Mike.

I wouldn't quite go that far.......

• Friendly/supportive 1

Sadly I have to report that my lovely Deltic suffered a major failure whilst running on my layout this week. I have not investigated the problem but in essence, the loco began to slow down until it reached a grinding halt at which point I cut the power to the track. I have not investigated inside because i didn't want to invalidate the warranty and as i have never looked inside an Accurascale loco in the past I didn't want to poke around, not knowing what I was looking at or where to find things. There was a slight smell of burnt electrics inside the loco when I lifted the decoder hatch off so initially though the decoder had gone pop, but this roved to be working fine when I tested it in another loco. I then put the blanking plate back on and tested the loco on DC and it barely moved so there is something wrong somewhere.

I have sought advice from Accurascale and it is now on their way back to them for repair/replacement (I hope)

Watch this space....

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, metadyneman said:

I have sought advice from Accurascale and it is now on their way back to them for repair/replacement (I hope)

Watch this space....

Hi @metadyneman,

We're very sorry that this is happened, but you can rest assured one of two of those things will happen. We wont just throw it in the bin and never contact you again. It's going to be all good 🙂.

Please keep the 55 suggestions for run 2 coming, folks! We have an idea of some we want to do, but not all the slots in the line up have been filled yet. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 4

4 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I can't wait for mine to wing its way over here, it looks to be a wonderful model. The Bachmann model isn't a bad model but this one looks to be a class above and it's difficult to see how anyone else could beat it. 

Have you been notified if its been sent yet?

• RMweb Gold

Just wondering if Accurascale will be offering repaired returns for sale, those that have been returned as faulty and replacement’s sent out, then they have been repaired and fully tested, then offered for sale at a slightly reduced price.

Reason I ask, is that a very few of the sold out models that people are still looking for, might become available.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Please keep the 55 suggestions for run 2 coming, folks! We have an idea of some we want to do, but not all the slots in the line up have been filled yet. 

Cheers!

D9000 in 1998/99 condition when it was working on the mainline for Virgin Cross Country please! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Just wondering if Accurascale will be offering repaired returns for sale, those that have been returned as faulty and replacement’s sent out, then they have been repaired and fully tested, then offered for sale at a slightly reduced price.

Reason I ask, is that a very few of the sold out models that people are still looking for, might become available.

Hi @jools1959,

We dont plan too, we've only had one loco back that was totally unrepairable and we use it for spares. It's likely we do that with others.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Are you thinking of doing a really faded blue 1980s condition one?

(..and I don't just mean a normal blue one with coats of weathering "over the top".)

Kev.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

19 and 22 in current condition in BR blue and with high intensity headlight’s as I believe both, but certainly 22 is due on the mainline later this year.  Possibly 9 in two tone green, again with high intensity headlight and SYP as it was running on the mainline a few years ago.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, 40002 said:

RSG was unique in surviving to the end of service without the plated over headcode so I would predict high demand for that.

55008 also never received a plated heacode, although admittedly didn't run on January 2nd 1982 having been withdrawn on the 31st December.  It also had the best looking nameplate and regimental crest 😉

BR Blue 55008 gets my vote!

Steve

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @metadyneman,

We're very sorry that this is happened, but you can rest assured one of two of those things will happen. We wont just throw it in the bin and never contact you again. It's going to be all good 🙂.

Cheers!

Fran 

Cheers Fran, I can't fault the service throughout purchase and return, it has been exemplary. I do understand things occasionally go "pop" unintentionally and despite my minor disappointment at it happening I am happy to learn from you that it will at some point be back on my railway doing what it did so well before it stopped!

I am also pleased to know you don't put dead ones in the bin... 🤣. I have been known to revive many a dead loco which is out of warranty but I didn't want to open this one up and invalidate the warranty.

Cheers

Jules

Edited by metadyneman
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Don't suppose there's a chance of this for batch 2?

1295222117_2Q.jpg.4fd61b8a3695bc36269d1f68429b9f80.jpg

Mike.

Well they DID say they had one non repairable one they were using for spares, maybe you should ' make em an offer' for whats left ? ! 🤪

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @jools1959,

We dont plan too, we've only had one loco back that was totally unrepairable and we use it for spares. It's likely we do that with others.

Cheers!

Fran 

Ah, component recovery - very accurate too!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1