Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

This is Birmingham - it will be some rather delicious curry and Cadbury's chocolate for dessert.

Curry maybe. But Bourneville is now American owned and on short measure.In any case it’s in the more fashionable part of Birmingham . Tyseley sure ain’t. Still it has its 84E heritage to commend it as somewhere for Accurascale to establish itself.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

27 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Curry maybe. But Bourneville is now American owned and on short measure.In any case it’s in the more fashionable part of Birmingham . Tyseley sure ain’t. Still it has its 84E heritage to commend it as somewhere for Accurascale to establish itself.

Depends on what they are aiming for - a warehouse in Newton-le-Willows would have suited the EE contingent of the fanbase, 84E on the other hand is GWR territory, great manor to house your Manors, but if your next item is an A3...

Still I think the team probably chose Birmingham for it's central links to the whole of the UK and it's available distribution centres at a cost effective rate.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

Remember in the 80’s an April fool in Railway Modeller, with an underground layout under the floor and one of my colleagues falling for it!

So did I!!!😟😟😟

Felt like a real dick!

Mike

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Depends on what they are aiming for - a warehouse in Newton-le-Willows would have suited the EE contingent of the fanbase, 84E on the other hand is GWR territory, great manor to house your Manors, but if your next item is an A3...

Still I think the team probably chose Birmingham for it's central links to the whole of the UK and it's available distribution centres at a cost effective rate.

Oddly enough,the Bachmann thread atm references nearby Barwell as being close to motorway access for ease of logistics. Tyseley is even closer though and use of the M42 onto M6 south for Thamesport orA14 Felixstowe/Harwich and M40 south for Southampton makes it a winner . The new EMA hub is also nearby. No wonder we’re stuffed with hgv.

2 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

Remember in the 80’s an April fool in Railway Modeller, with an underground layout under the floor and one of my colleagues falling for it!

No doubt based on the 1960s one in Model Railway Constructor. (CJL)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Banging on the doors demanding your purple beastie with the deep bass vibrations.

"Err don't you want Ann Summers mate, they're next door"

You missed out... with, after demanding, if thats the case surely.........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE

21 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Banging on the doors demanding your purple beastie with the deep bass vibrations.

"Err don't you want Ann Summers mate, they're next door"

I have a mental image of Ann Summers selling something approx 12" long in purple🤩

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

The anticipation is like the night before christmas and your five years old,we know now what Phil Collins feels like sitting at the drums before the lights go up at a genesis gig.

I just hope Johnny five has worked out how to past the are you a robot question to get his...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The anticipation is like the night before christmas and your five years old,we know now what Phil Collins feels like sitting at the drums before the lights go up at a genesis gig.

I just hope Johnny five has worked out how to past the are you a robot question to get his...

As long as postie/DPD/Evri etc don't also get into the Christmas anticipation spirit, and shin up the drainpipe before dropping AS Deltic down the chimney. I wonder if AS included that possibility in their packaging robustness test, including its resistence to a log fire. I'm also not leaving sherry and mince pies out!!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

...complete with sound.  🥲

Interesting new use of a stay alive too. Directional lighting could be interesting.

I think now we know why the purple one was so popular...

• Funny 5

3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

"Egads Phil, what is that awful smell"

"Don't worry Mike.  It's just something in the air tonight" looks down "Oh lord!"

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Just wondering @Accurascale Fran, on the sound version does each power unit start up separately like the real thing? My Class 52 DCC sound starts both together which isn't correct?

Does it not,it even has the driver profanitys when it does not fire first time,theres film on you tube Accurascale channel of the Deltic sound

• Like 2