Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Does it not,it even has the driver profanitys when it does not fire first time,theres film on you tube Accurascale channel of the Deltic sound

Ah yes, both engines! Is this a first as my other twin engine locos both start at once.

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

But does it idle into a station on one engine and have the second restart as the loco begins to accelerate away from the stop?

But the master controller had to be at 'engine only' to start an engine

On the starting sequence with twin engines, the batteries wouldn't stand turning over both together

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ken.W said:

But the master controller had to be at 'engine only' to start an engine

On the starting sequence with twin engines, the batteries wouldn't stand turning over both together

Don’t quite get what you are saying. Are you suggesting Deltic engines don’t kick in on the move?

Roy

38 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Don’t quite get what you are saying. Are you suggesting Deltic engines don’t kick in on the move?

Roy

Well, possible (unofficially*) to re-start on the move, but as the master controller would need to be put to EO, couldn't be done with power on as in the post l was replying to saying "as the loco begins to accelerate away"

* unofficially as putting it to EO on the move overrode the DSD

But after 'SFF' fitted doing so would drop the DSD instead, but in the case of Deltics this didn't come in until after preservation.

BTW, Deltic engines didn't 'kick in', it required the driver to start them

Edited by Ken.W
Correcting auto-in-correct
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Or have I confused starting up and moving out of idle perhaps 

Probably so l think, engine starting was as I've described so couldn't be done with power on one engine

16 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I remember them leaving Doncaster heading north, would open up on one engine, the second would kick in once the train was rolling.

You can try to start both engines at once, however they batteries won't like it. When a Deltic pulls away the engine furthest away from the driving cab will start to speed up first the the nearest engine will pick up. the cam lobes for each accelerate valve at the bottom of the power controller are arranged to that this happens. An engine could be restarted on the move, just put it in to EO......pre SSF.

Al Taylor

Edited by 45125

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I remember them leaving Doncaster heading north, would open up on one engine, the second would kick in once the train was rolling.

That was certainly the case when I was second man on 55002. 

Anyhow, I think I now better understand what was happening. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

11 hours ago, Bucoops said:

The Rapido APT-E has F keys for additional engine starts :)

Yes. Impressive start sequence, isn’t it? I have two Westerns with different sound projects in them. With both, the engines start separately. Same with my Bachmann Deltic (Bachmann sound fitted).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, reddragon said:

Just wondering @Accurascale Fran, on the sound version does each power unit start up separately like the real thing? My Class 52 DCC sound starts both together which isn't correct?

Definitely separate starts …. My Howes Western sound projects have this as do others.

8 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Wasnt this a mod to ensure sufficient amps when ETH was fitted? When at rest the tick over r.p.m. of the trailing end engine was set higher - when moving off it would pick up first followed by the leading end engine. 

Just thinking about that wonderful sound makes hairs on my neck stand up … c’mon postie, need a delivery please! 

3 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Definitely separate starts …. My Howes Western sound projects have this as do others.

Wasnt this a mod to ensure sufficient amps when ETH was fitted? When at rest the tick over r.p.m. of the trailing end engine was set higher - when moving off it would pick up first followed by the leading end engine. 

Just thinking about that wonderful sound makes hairs on my neck stand up … c’mon postie, need a delivery please! 

It was part of the ETH fitment, the rear engine supplies ETH, revs raised to give the volts not the amps  but as you take power the ETH voltage falls due to traction load and about 620v the ETH actually drops out, as speed increases the ETH voltage will rise and the ETH comes back in.

Al Taylor.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, reddragon said:

Ah yes, both engines! Is this a first as my other twin engine locos both start at once.

Must just be whoever wrote the files, I have a 55 and a Prototype one with Legoman and one with Youchoos and they both start the engines separately.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Must just be whoever wrote the files, I have a 55 and a Prototype one with Legoman and one with Youchoos and they both start the engines separately.

How do you rate the YouChoos version? Got a Legoman and love it but nice to have different projects for a bit of variety :)

• RMweb Gold
On 12/05/2022 at 11:18, 40002 said:

Doing a bit a research when deciding which blue one's to buy I had forgotten that the Finsbury Park race horses didn't carry the white window surrounds to the end but lost them when they were transferred from FP in 81.

Yes, they were painted out on the four surviving locos when they moved to York in June 1981. The other two locos (3 and 12) went to the scrap line still wearing them.

37 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

If you're along the Mediterranean by all means! Getting closer :)

Cheers!

Fran 

So assuming its not steaming very slowly, should be at a British port in about a week? Then generously allow another week to get to the warehouse, gives an arrival date around 2 June in warehouse.... ?!

Will Rails and DPS orders be dispatched from AS to those establishments, or will they be shipped direct from the AS warehouse?

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

So assuming its not steaming very slowly, should be at a British port in about a week? Then generously allow another week to get to the warehouse, gives an arrival date around 2 June in warehouse.... ?!

Will Rails and DPS orders be dispatched from AS to those establishments, or will they be shipped direct from the AS warehouse?

The boat is due at the docks next week, so fingers crossed for a smooth journey through customs and import to the warehouse.

The Rails, NRM and DPS exclusives will be palleted directly to those providers once cleared and checked in to the warehouse for onward dispatch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, McC said:

The boat is due at the docks next week, so fingers crossed for a smooth journey through customs and import to the warehouse.

The Rails, NRM and DPS exclusives will be palleted directly to those providers once cleared and checked in to the warehouse for onward dispatch.

Which ship are they on?

All sounds very encouraging. 

I’ve ordered via the DPS. Presumably the P4/EM wheels will be dispatched directly from Accurascale at around the same time as the standard locos are sent out?

Also is there any news on a retro-fit sound package as suggested a week or two back?

Looking forward to Tulyar arriving and getting transported back to 1980!!

Jeremy

Edited by jbg