Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well they all have frothing tops,ahh you said shanty........

a geordie folk song,more not understanding a word thats said i doubt

will fit in well.

I admit to pushing the ‘shanty’ envelope a little, but it’s such a lovely term!  :D

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

Fran said - "Current info is that the boat will dock at the weekend, "

I hate to be pedantic Fran, especially as I simply love everything you produce (order list available as proof) , but keeping to the accuracy that you are already famous for, I hope they are coming on a SHIP, not a boat!! Its a bit like people calling a locomotive a train!!

All the very best and really looking forward to receiving my set of Deltics as and when you and the team get them to me. 

Godfrey

Hi @Godfrey Glyn,

Good call. It's down to an Irish colloquialism really (well perhaps Dublin, maybe my colleagues don't do it as they come from other parts of the country) but we always call a ship a boat here in conversation. It seems to come from a local saying "get the boat!" which means "get lost!" 

It's never "the ferry to Holyhead" it's "get the boat to Holyhead". No idea why. 

We have a few different sayings over here, that come out from time to time which I confuse British people (mainly @Islesy) with. 🤣

Will amend the post.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

I have two Deltics on order, the purple peril direct from Accurascale and KOYLI from the NRM. I'll be having an interesting race to see which arrives here first. I only paid the balance for my purple one in April, and ordered KOYLI about the same time, so I'll be far down the queue for both. Accurascale have to tranship the boxes of KOYLI up to Shildon so delaying the shipping of that, but then have many many more than the NRM to ship out. Could be anybodies race, place bets now! (I'll put 10p on the Irish lads).

Edited by nightstar.train

1 hour ago, nightstar.train said:

I have two Deltics on order, the purple peril direct from Accurascale and KOYLI from the NRM. I'll be having an interesting race to see which arrives here first. I only paid the balance for my purple one in April, and ordered KOYLI about the same time, so I'll be far down the queue for both. Accurascale have to tranship the boxes of KOYLI up to Shildon so delaying the shipping of that, but then have many many more than the NRM to ship out. Could be anybodies race, place bets now! (I'll put 10p on the Irish lads).

I have a similar race between Rails (very early order[1]) and DPS (rather late order).

Given how efficient Rails are (full time sales and dispatch team vs mainly volunteers), my bet is on them first. 

Annoyingly from mid-June I'm away from my postage destination for the best part of 3-4 weeks, so am really hoping at least one gets there before...

:-p 

[1] although did later switch from non-sound to sound, but hopefully that didn't re-date my reservation!

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

Fran said - "Current info is that the boat will dock at the weekend, "

I hate to be pedantic Fran, especially as I simply love everything you produce (order list available as proof) , but keeping to the accuracy that you are already famous for, I hope they are coming on a SHIP, not a boat!! Its a bit like people calling a locomotive a train!!

All the very best and really looking forward to receiving my set of Deltics as and when you and the team get them to me. 

Godfrey

Well while we're all waiting for our Deltics to arrive and engaging in perhaps not entirely on topic posts, I'll offer my favourite definition for a ship:

"If the Captain throws you overboard when you call it a boat, it's a ship".

(Though thinking about it, I expect the Captain would delegate the actual chucking overboard).

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

I've ordered for multiple Deltics over the last 3 years and just wondered would they all be sent together in one package or separately in date of ordering.

I ordered 55001 plus 55 005 on the day of announcement at Warley I think it was and ordered Nimbus 2 or 3 months ago.

Baz

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

Thanks Fran

It makes sense just trying to get the one parcel in without her seeing instead of 6 separate ones.

Yeah, but won't she trip over the pallet?

Kev.

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bazil31 said:

Thanks Fran

It makes sense just trying to get the one parcel in without her seeing instead of 6 separate ones.

Maybe but who's paying for the poor Posties Hernia operation ? One parcel with SIX In 😮

• Like 2
  • Funny 2