KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

I would imagine the Fell project is done and they are moving onto the next project. So I doubt we will be seeing any updates to the model. If you are like me and just bought the model because it looked interesting rather that being desperate for that particular model, then I just treat it as lesson learnt. It was the first model bought off this company and probably the last. I moaned about the Hornby Hush Hush, but the Company realised it had messed up and improved the subsequent rebuilt versions that followed. I suppose though there is a huge difference in price between what I paid for the Fell and what a new Hornby model costs, so I suppose it comes down to you get what you paid for. If you want it to run better add a couple of Hornby Thompson bogies with pickups.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

No offence but you are  begining to sound like the rest of us with your own repetition. 😉

🤣 Too true but I was just trying to reply to multiple posts at different times

( Darn how DO you do multiple quotes in one post Colin ? I've not figured it yet !)

That's why I thought it best to duck out as my head was starting to bruise up from ' gently kissing the wall'  🧱

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Matt C said:

...( Darn how DO you do multiple quotes in one post Colin ? I've not figured it yet !)...

Use the blue '+' in the light blue square on the left of the word 'Quote' at the bottom of each post. Click it for each post you want to be in your reply, before you compose the reply. You should get a box in the bottom right of your browser showing you how many posts you're quoting. Click the words in that box and the quotes should be in the reply box ready for you to compose your reply around them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Matt C said:

🤣 Too true but I was just trying to reply to multiple posts at different times

( Darn how DO you do multiple quotes in one post Colin ? I've not figured it yet !)

That's why I thought it best to duck out as my head was starting to bruise up from ' gently kissing the wall'  🧱

10 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Use the blue '+' in the light blue square on the left of the word 'Quote' at the bottom of each post. Click it for each post you want to be in your reply, before you compose the reply. You should get a box in the bottom right of your browser showing you how many posts you're quoting. Click the words in that box and the quotes should be in the reply box ready for you to compose your reply around them.

Super easy when you know how ! Thank you very much Ian, much appreciated 👍

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, big jim said:

and people wonder why i wont sign up for facebook!

I use FB as living overseas and with friends and family all over the place it is very useful, however I am thinking of leaving it as my feed is so clogged up with adverts, junk and stuff I have zero interest in that it is getting difficult to see stuff from family and friends.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Ian J. said:

Mine is a Yellow square with a black +

12 hours ago, Matt C said:

Super easy when you know how ! Thank you very much Ian, much appreciated 👍

Ohh yes, it is easy when you know how……cheers Ian.J 😁

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I use FB as living overseas and with friends and family all over the place it is very useful, however I am thinking of leaving it as my feed is so clogged up with adverts, junk and stuff I have zero interest in that it is getting difficult to see stuff from family and friends.

We use WhatsApp for keeping in touch with family, nice and secure and excellent quality, sure it’s Chinese American* but no adverse effects so far 😁

*edit to correct geographical mind soup

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

We use WhatsApp for keeping in touch with family, nice and secure and excellent quality, sure it’s Chinese but no adverse effects so far 😁

That's mainly how we keep in touch as a family now, our immediate family is all in a WhatsApp group. The advantage of FB is it is much more open, but I am getting to the point it's less and less worth wading through all the junk.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, ColinB said:

I would imagine the Fell project is done and they are moving onto the next project. So I doubt we will be seeing any updates to the model. If you are like me and just bought the model because it looked interesting rather that being desperate for that particular model, then I just treat it as lesson learnt. It was the first model bought off this company and probably the last. I moaned about the Hornby Hush Hush, but the Company realised it had messed up and improved the subsequent rebuilt versions that followed. I suppose though there is a huge difference in price between what I paid for the Fell and what a new Hornby model costs, so I suppose it comes down to you get what you paid for. If you want it to run better add a couple of Hornby Thompson bogies with pickups.

My bogies are fine. I just loosened the screws slightly to give them a bit more play. They now run smoothly through points etc.

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, mvwilson said:

My bogies are fine. I just loosened the screws slightly to give them a bit more play. They now run smoothly through points etc.

One of the bogies on mine was distorted, like it was twisted when taken from the mould, only two opposite wheels touched the rails!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Mine is a Yellow square with a black +

I was on the default theme. Having changed it to the Premium theme the square is now yellow, though I think the plus is still the dark blue rather than black.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

We use WhatsApp for keeping in touch with family, nice and secure and excellent quality, sure it’s Chinese but no adverse effects so far 😁

Whatsapp is American (founded in California) and since 2014 has been owned by.......

Facebook

Edited by Helmdon

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Jitmen said:

KR mucked my order up and gave refund so I bought one of a private seller on Facebook and on second run today it stopped running as rod went out of sink and I can’t seem to fix it ? 

39719127-7ECA-4426-9816-E09ECE0293B2.jpeg

moving wheel syndrome...

On 07/11/2022 at 17:43, ColinB said:

It is quite easy to get it apart, trouble is everything is held on by self tapping screws, even Hornby realised in the end that proper parallel thread screws are needed when screwing into metal. Fortunately the drivers cabs although glued on do not need to be removed, I only did it to make it easier for routing wires. No my issue is that the design looks rushed, they have used a plastic clip to hold the wire for the pickups in place but it is not really needed and means if you take the "base keeper plate" off , there is a more than even chance of snapping the thin wire. If they hadn't bothered you could remove the connector on the PCB for the pickups and that would give you enough room to pull the base keeper plate away from the bottom of the loco. I have even had the con rods get out of sync when the loco derailed. I think the issue is that the wheels are not held on that tightly by the splines on the axles so there is a tendency for them to move out of sync.

How do you fix it when it’s out of sync, mines just done that ?