Manor Announced for 00

meatloaf

Resolve weakened considerably recently and I bought Lydham Manor even though I have ordered and paid for an alternative version due later this year. Pleased with it - yes. Two queries though - the firebox flicker seems very dim . Fitted a Next18 decoder from Bachmann (36-567A which is a rebadged Zimo I understand) so is there any way of making it brighter? Secondly the decoder is supposed to have a brake function - how is this activated? Thanks in anticipation.

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

To me, it looks more 'Brunswick' than chrome, which is right. I'm assuming that Hagley is being painted in BR colours....

4930 is due to appear in GWR Shirtbutton AFAIK. The tender has already had a repaint with the roundel.

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

I'm assuming that Hagley is being painted in BR colours....

BR lining wouldn't go up round the cab window and the firebox wouldn't be lined.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, geoffers said:

Resolve weakened considerably recently and I bought Lydham Manor even though I have ordered and paid for an alternative version due later this year. Pleased with it - yes. Two queries though - the firebox flicker seems very dim . Fitted a Next18 decoder from Bachmann (36-567A which is a rebadged Zimo I understand) so is there any way of making it brighter? Secondly the decoder is supposed to have a brake function - how is this activated? Thanks in anticipation.

If it's the same circuit as the Mogul and Prairie (which it certainly looks like) then there are no CVs you can tweak to make the firebox glow brighter. You will probably have to resort to physical modifications I'm afraid, ranging from simple insertion of reflecting material to the deep mods I did in the Mogul and Prairie thread.

If the decoder really is a Zimo clone then:

CV 309 sets the brake key

CV 349 sets the braking time

And you should set CV 4 to a very high value so that the loco naturally coasts when you ease off the regulator.

• Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for that. Will give the CVs a go. I did see the posts you put up but did not do any mods as the firebox flicker was not that important. Disappointed that it hasn't improved it though, if indeed that is the case.

Edited by geoffers

• RMweb Premium
On 03/09/2022 at 05:46, Neal Ball said:

That looks more like BR green, rather than GWR

As you know cameras, light and our own perception of colour which changes with age has an impact on how we perceive colour.

On 03/09/2022 at 19:54, Les1952 said:

One would hope so, otherwise we have yet another example of a prototype that is not correct.......

Les

That's staying put. .

Reading comments like these and some of the others is like reading a thread on any given loco as a new model. 1.4 million pounds has been spent and all people can do is complain and critique what they may or may not think. 

The paint colour looks different in the flesh and the power classification is a stick on. 

Reading comments like these it is really no wonder that some look in on our hobby and shake their heads. To answer the next question I have been involved in the MPD for 34 years doing anything on the jobs list, which for Hagley was mainly scrapping and painting early on as a large amount of work by the apprentices. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

As you know cameras, light and our own perception of colour which changes with age has an impact on how we perceive colour.

That's staying put. .

Reading comments like these and some of the others is like reading a thread on any given loco as a new model. 1.4 million pounds has been spent and all people can do is complain and critique what they may or may not think. 

The paint colour looks different in the flesh and the power classification is a stick on. 

Reading comments like these it is really no wonder that some look in on our hobby and shake their heads. To answer the next question I have been involved in the MPD for 34 years doing anything on the jobs list, which for Hagley was mainly scrapping and painting early on as a large amount of work by the apprentices. 

I think that you are being a little over-sensitive; (as can often happen when one is closely involved in the subject of comment).

CJI.

The REAL point in the post above is that if Dapol had put the classification in that colour they would have been ridiculed mercilessly on this forum.

I note in particular Dapol's A3 trough deflectors which have the wrong angle on the front slope.  They were measured from the preserved Flying Scotsman. 

Les

• 1 month later...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02FfzWkCwvAVdHpGH6rr4J5LypwcqUZoTbY5pjXoKFfkCa2CvFyKE84d3wdse1bcoUl&id=100064026486114&sfnsn=scwspmo

FB_IMG_1665223587264.jpg.7ab052bdbe71eb569b25abc697d21633.jpg

Facebook spot. Dapol have announced a new run of Manors at GETS!

7802 would have been tempting for me if I hadn't secured a A/S limited edition

A couple of the other numbers too if the livery was right!

Edited by SteamingWales
FB image

1 hour ago, tommyliam021 said:

Merely an observation but now has a higher RRP than the Accurascale Manor

Some quick maths. If the 15% discount on RRP (which most retailers are offering) the new price comes in at about £152 give or take so still not a bad price despite the rise

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

As I'm very happy with my first Dapol Manor, but don't really model the GWR/WR, you might think that would be that. But now they are going to offer Cockington Manor, which is where Sherry and I were married 29.10.2015. Some things you just have to buy!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

As I'm very happy with my first Dapol Manor, but don't really model the GWR/WR, you might think that would be that. But now they are going to offer Cockington Manor, which is where Sherry and I were married 29.10.2015. Some things you just have to buy!

You old softie Dudds.😎

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 08/10/2022 at 11:02, SteamingWales said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02FfzWkCwvAVdHpGH6rr4J5LypwcqUZoTbY5pjXoKFfkCa2CvFyKE84d3wdse1bcoUl&id=100064026486114&sfnsn=scwspmo

FB_IMG_1665223587264.jpg.7ab052bdbe71eb569b25abc697d21633.jpg

Facebook spot. Dapol have announced a new run of Manors at GETS!

7802 would have been tempting for me if I hadn't secured a A/S limited edition

A couple of the other numbers too if the livery was right!

Just for clarification between our 2 lined green late crest models, our model of 7802 will have the white front features and etched headboard as seen here :https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p682368180/h2064e2e1

No. 7817 is in the standard lined green late crest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ben Dapol said:

Just for clarification between our 2 lined green late crest models, our model of 7802 will have the white front features and etched headboard as seen here :https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p682368180/h2064e2e1

Hi Ben is there any chance you know the shedcodes on the the second batch?

cheers

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Ben Dapol said:

Can't quite believe I'm say this but could the BR Green be closer to Hornby's latest rendition on 92220 please ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Ben Dapol said:

Danny’s bull…. A Cambrian classic