More model ideas

• RMweb Premium

Must be turn for Mr Isles to have an influence again.

A G*R King....

Or another G*R 4-6-0 as they all pretty much look the same.......................

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, newbryford said:

A G*R King....

Or another G*R 4-6-0 as they all pretty much look the same.......................

A very common misconception that I see here all the time.

They do not only all look the same, they are in fact identical. My King George V nameplates await for the so called "Manor"

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

The only classes of locos not done are 01, DC SR 70 and a few AC electrics. Others are pre-nationalisation shunters

In terms of AC electrics, the 88 and 99 aren't being done yet (as far as is public knowledge). I know the 99 isn't in service yet but Revolution agreed to do the 93 a while ago.

I think the 99 is one there will be a decent amount of enthusiasm for:

1. There are going to be quite a few of them

2. They can go anywhere 

3. They are GBRF which means from day one it's unlikely they'll all be the same colours!

I'd love an 88 too TBH.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Considering I got an email about O Gauge wagons this morning I would expect the "big" refers to something to go with them.

Jason

OO I order, O no!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, newbryford said:

I've played my part in tomorrow's announcement, but only in a supporting role. My next 'turns' will be eclectic, to say the least....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

29 minutes ago, reddragon said:

OO I order, O no!

Yeah, but if it was just about one person then no manufacturer would make anything.

But when people are spending £700 on O Gauge locomotives and £250 on coaches then if I was a manufacturer I would be jumping on that bandwagon ASAP.

Jason

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yeah, but if it was just about one person then no manufacturer would make anything.

But when people are spending £700 on O Gauge locomotives and £250 on coaches then if I was a manufacturer I would be jumping on that bandwagon ASAP.

Jason

Price isn’t everything, it all depends on sales volumes.  You can make a great margin on an item, but only sell one and you are stuffed. 

Roy

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

What the world needs is a definitive Lowmac with coke bottle load🤑

you have watched "Sams Trains" unboxing haven't you ? Go on.  Admit it 😀

It is the only way I knew Hornby created such a toylike collectors item 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, reddragon said:

The only classes of locos not done are 01, DC SR 70 and a few AC electrics. Others are pre-nationalisation shunters.

Steam is a crowded market with partisan regional buyers, coaches are nearly full bar Mk2C or better Mk3s.

DMUs are well covered but with many gaps in the XC/IC DMU range

There's still no track plant, very few EMUs so a lot of opportunity there.

Wagons are lacking in the modern end. Car transporters?

I would repectfully disagree, There are quite a number of diesel and steam shunting classes till to do, including some which carried BR logos and numbers. Andrew Barclay, North British and Bagnall. examples for a start but there are also many "main line steam classes. Swathes of LNWR and Midland classes which just survived into BR days.  George 5th, Precursor, 19inch goods, Claughton, Experiment, 2-4-2 radials, 0-8-2 and 0-8-4 tanks, Specials DXs etc etc etc Aswell as the rather beautiful LNWR steam railmotors.  A whole host of Midland locos such as the "Flatiron" and the versions of 2F 0-6-0 etc etc.

The nthere are such beauties as the L&Y 4-6-0s and the LMS 0-8-0s 

And that is from the region I know about - the GWR Aberdare is a WR example and I won;t bore you with diesels and electrics. 

There  

On 27/06/2022 at 20:50, Covkid said:

To be fair, Accurascale are about to release the Manor and pretty much every other Cambrian loco with the exception of the Cambrian 0-6-0s are done, although ...... I have seen a photo of an "Aberdare" on it's way to Barmouth Junction from Ruabon and would love to know whether it went over the bridge and into Barmouth.

The "Aberdare" class would be a very nice loco, and I believe would sell well in it's various liveries. It would be BR for me but I am sure the majority sales would be in GWR livery.

Yes they did.  We have a photo of one in the Barmouth Excursion platform with a Dean tender in the early 30s amongst the "Dolgellau" layout supporting exhibition material.  I'm sure I read somewhere that they only got to Barmouth after some rebuilding work on the route.

We have a lovely kit built example which was donated to us but will need converting to DCC before it can make an appearance.

On 28/06/2022 at 09:31, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

The next announcement is in two days, and it's a big one.

Place yer bets!

Cheers!

Fran 

A big one.

Stabiliser rail 1960s Class 422 buffet car unit anyone?  Just make sure it comes with copious amounts of hot buttered toast and cowpat with flies giant choc-chip cookies I used to buy from them when on a Railrover experiencing the delights of the stabiliser rail network.

Or is it Big Bertha?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Would we be right to assume that two days from 09.31 is intended to be 09.31 - or thereabouts ?

Next announcement is tomorrow at noon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3