Hornby 2021 - P2 new tooling

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, benbrown said:

Hi all just had a email from Hornby to update payment details as lord president has arrived at there warehouse for shipping 

Hour later same email for earl marischal 

Ben

Oooooh!!!!  Is it too early to get this excited yet?

giphy.gif

Edited by palmsticks
  • Like 2

Saw they were in stock and duly placed an order with Hornby yesterday afternoon!! Beyond excited so just hoping it goes out today.

It's my first order with Hornby direct, with express shipping, so how long does it usually take them to post stuff out?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, kelsh003 said:

Saw they were in stock and duly placed an order with Hornby yesterday afternoon!! Beyond excited so just hoping it goes out today.

It's my first order with Hornby direct, with express shipping, so how long does it usually take them to post stuff out?

I’ve had stuff from Hornby sent to New Zealand and it’s arrived in about 10 days before so it’s usually pretty quick. 

11 hours ago, kelsh003 said:

Hornby say it take up to 7 days to leave the wear house. 

My sdjr 6 wheel coaches took 3 week to get from margate to Burton upon Trent 

1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

I’ve had stuff from Hornby sent to New Zealand and it’s arrived in about 10 days before so it’s usually pretty quick. 

That is very impressive. I've got Lord President coming but from Hattons and that was shipped today, the excitement builds...

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Adi said:

Hornby say it take up to 7 days to leave the wear house. 

My sdjr 6 wheel coaches took 3 week to get from margate to Burton upon Trent 

Well Earl didnt get posted today so hopefully early next week! Given Hattons where I usually buy form don't have the Earl yet im glad to have one coming from Hornby direct

1 hour ago, kelsh003 said:

Well Earl didnt get posted today so hopefully early next week! Given Hattons where I usually buy form don't have the Earl yet im glad to have one coming from Hornby direct

Originally had it on pre ordered at Kernow Model shop but guy on phone told me that they had their order delayed and allocation cut from Hornby 

4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yes, it is odd it doesn't have them. It looks kinda odd without them too IMO.

I dare say this is a detail (amongst others) which isn’t possible to capture right now until the real loco is out on the mainline. 

34 minutes ago, JhornG201 said:

I dare say this is a detail (amongst others) which isn’t possible to capture right now until the real loco is out on the mainline. 

No, which is why I wonder as to whether it's a good idea Hornby making them before the loco is ready.

48 minutes ago, SteveM666 said:

Hornby released my parcels to DPD on Thursday but DPD have decided that they don’t deliver at the weekend so I may get mine on Monday. So that will be 72+ hours for a journey of less than 60 miles.

Odd mine due today by dpd

40 minutes ago, Bon Accord said:

My 2005 arrived a few minutes ago.

Taken with the 'phone camera on the kitchen table, but just to give an idea what it looks like.

20230805_140113.jpg

20230805_140450.jpg

20230805_140528.jpg

20230805_140737.jpg

Thank you for posting those. It looks as if Hornby has at long last stopped using a kind of “soapy” finish on LNER locos. I’m very curious to know how the flanged wheels, which I assume are included, perform; in particular if they turn when the loco runs. The model does look very impressive.