Railway & Modelling Obituaries

RIP HM Queen Elizabeth ll

rogerdee

• Tempfix
Just now, SHMD said:

I also posted this on "Status Updates"...

I have, I'm not afraid to admit it, shed a tear or two here. Not because I knew her personally - (I saw her three times, in passing) - but because of the grandeur of the moment. RIP, Ma'am.

You're not alone. Couldn't agree more.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Like many others I am saddened of the loss of Queen Elizabeth II and like many others brought a few tears.

RIP Your Majesty and God Save the The King

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

I've always felt mildly republican, but feel curiously affected by this and identify with that horrific rush to the bedside the family had to make.

Farewell Your Majesty. All strength to the new King, I have a feeling it will be a very tough act to follow.

• Like 4
  • Agree 14

It wasn't a shock but still in a state of disbelief. The Queen has always been there and was timeless, RIP your majesty and thank you for your selfless service to our country. 

The Queen is dead, long live the King.

• Like 8
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m not a staunch monarchist by any means but have a huge sense of loss today. I’m 73, she started her reign when I was 2 1/2 so she’s always been there. 

A sad if inevitable day. RIP Your Majesty.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Very Sad news, her majesty has always been a constant throughout my life

seems very strange to hear the phrase  ‘the king’ on the news 

just watched the paddington jubilee sketch, I’ll admit it bought a lump to my throat, especially the ‘thank you ma’am, for everything’ 

• Agree 15

Although I'd heard the news earlier, I was taken aback when Liz Truss ended her Downing Street statement this evening with "God Save The King". Its going to be a bit of a wrench to adjust to.

A sad day.

Edited by Hroth
Spelling...
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Gold

It feels strange, I think we all kind of expected her to be almost indestructible.  She's been such a constant in a changing world. 

I'm expecting the Royal Train returning her coffin from Scotland to be a 21st century "Winston Churchill" moment, a chance to pay our respects. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

22 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Although I'd heard the news earlier, I was taken aback when Liz Truss ended her Downing Street statement this evening with "God Save The King". Its going to be a bit of a wrench to adjust to.

A sad day.

The ITV news presenter got it wrong on three occasions I think King Charles III is going to be a hard figure to get used too 

RIP ER II 😪

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ramblin Rich said:

I've always felt mildly republican, but feel curiously affected by this and identify with that horrific rush to the bedside the family had to make.

Farewell Your Majesty. All strength to the new King, I have a feeling it will be a very tough act to follow.

Likewise a mild republican, although due to the trappings that come with monarchy and the associated gravy train of hangers on below the top tier rather than the actual office of state. She transcended the general morass of leading lights in the governmental arena and has left Charles III a heck of a legacy to live up to.

RIP Queen Elizabeth, long live the King.

Edited by john new
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, gismorail said:

The ITV news presenter got it wrong on three occasions I think King Charles III is going to be a hard figure to get used too 

RIP ER II 😪

There's a possibility he might choose a regnal name other than Charles. George VI's real name was Albert.