Accurascale Takes On Some Hattons Originals Favourites - Warwells, P and Andrew Barclay Tanks

I think their agents are busy replying to questions this afternoon....

Mine ended up duplicated and I think I might know why.

But excellent news that this has ended up with Accurascale.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 2

Just now, stephennicholson said:

My 3 Warwell orders successfully transferred to my new Accurascale account.  Has anyone had their P Class order transferred?, mine hasnt - so may still being worked on.

Mine was done about 20 minutes ago.

Is it normal that the final order total doesn't include VAT? I see up an Accurascale account after getting the email from Hattons and put my address in (UK) but doesn't appear to be VAT on the order.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Best possible outcome as far as I'm concerned, I couldn't be happier that these toolings are finding a new home with Accurascale, especially the Andrew Barclay. 

I take full credit, of course; I can provide written evidence that I've been making a nuisance of myself, pestering Accurascale to take on the Andrew Barclay tooling - for completely unselfish reasons, of course. You're all welcome 😁

Seriously though, I'm very much looking forward to receiving the AB and P Class preorders I was worried I'd lost, and seeing what Accurascale does with future runs of those toolings and whatever else they've taken on. I'm fine with the bump in price, seems fair considering what's going on elsewhere in the industry when it comes to pricing. Great news I reckon.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

We are beavering away on the data and imports, so do bear with us, it will take a day or two to get everything the right way up :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Mine was done about 20 minutes ago.

Is it normal that the final order total doesn't include VAT? I see up an Accurascale account after getting the email from Hattons and put my address in (UK) but doesn't appear to be VAT on the order.

HI @Pre Grouping fan,

VAT has been left off in error, the joys of systems! It will be added back onto the orders shortly.

Order transfer still ongoing folks, will take the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow to sort out completely.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, The Outcast said:

An interesting announcement. Don't suppose there's any chance of Accurascale reissuing the Hattons 14xx while they're at it? 

Someday someone will do a 14xx, someday!

They say there are other things that they have obtained so you never know.  Though given who was behind it, this one might be a little cursed..... It would probably need to be entirely retooled! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

HI @Pre Grouping fan,

VAT has been left off in error, the joys of systems! It will be added back onto the orders shortly.

Order transfer still ongoing folks, will take the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow to sort out completely.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thank you for that Fran! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In my excitement at discovering that my existing pre-orders had been saved, I missed that the Accurascale website is also taking additional preorders for all three... uh oh! 😬 Better make some more space in my stock box.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up, due to a VAT glitch (Was not added correctly in the import) we need to delete some orders and re-import them, Your order is completely safe, so please do not be alarmed if you get a cancellation email from us shortly.

Thanks for your understanding as always!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TravisM said:

I’m really pleased to see that Accurascale have picked up the Hatton’s Original’s and production of the announced models.  I must admit that I had heard something through the grapevine last month about this, but I thought I’d wait until it was formally announced.

It would be nice to see the FEA and RHTT flats to be announced as well at a later date.

Agree, it is great that the Hattons models aren't lost to history and may still see another run. I'm trying to rack my brains as to what else they produced that Accurascale might have picked up.

In addition to the FEAs and the RHTT, there was a Beilhack snowplough in OO. I don't think the breakdown crane was ever made sadly. All of those would fit nicely in the Accurascale range.

In O gauge there was an A3, A4 and some Teak coaches which may also have been picked up given Accurascale are now dipping their toe in the O market. I don't recall Hattons releasing anything in N gauge but I could be wrong.

Obviously the future of the Class 66 and Genesis coaches are already known. What else did I miss?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Chiltern Junction said:

Agree, it is great that the Hattons models aren't lost to history and may still see another run. I'm trying to rack my brains as to what else they produced that Accurascale might have picked up.

In addition to the FEAs and the RHTT, there was a Beilhack snowplough in OO. I don't think the breakdown crane was ever made sadly. All of those would fit nicely in the Accurascale range.

In O gauge there was an A3, A4 and some Teak coaches which may also have been picked up given Accurascale are now dipping their toe in the O market. I don't recall Hattons releasing anything in N gauge but I could be wrong.

Obviously the future of the Class 66 and Genesis coaches are already known. What else did I miss?

For now, we confirm the Warwell in 4mm, and the AB and P. Rails will be handling and fulfilling the Genesis Run 2 which is in progress. 

After that, stay tuned, dear listener :) 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Chiltern Junction said:

In O gauge there was an A3, A4 and some Teak coaches which may also have been picked up given Accurascale are now dipping their toe in the O market. 

Given those were sold off at fire sale prices (by RtR O gauge standards) I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Might be some scope for sorting out their issues at some point I suppose. 

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Given those were sold off at fire sale prices (by RtR O gauge standards) I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Might be some scope for sorting out their issues at some point I suppose. 

I don't model O gauge so I have no idea how good or otherwise they were but I would assume the measurements, drawings and research that went into them would still be of value even if the tooling isn't. The question is whether there is a market for another run of them, issues fixed or not. Hornby seems to think the A3 and A4 are the only locos worth releasing so maybe there is 😁

• Like 2

I know Accurascale like to surprise us (and our wallets/purses 😉), so I must applaud them for acquiring more of the Hattons Originals tooling.  It is nice to know that some of the models will live on for years to come.

I appreciate that they have yet to announce other acquired toolings, but I agree with others that the FEAs, RHTT wagons and Beilhack snowploughs (BR and Network Rail eras) would be welcome. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, The Outcast said:

An interesting announcement. Don't suppose there's any chance of Accurascale reissuing the Hattons 14xx while they're at it? 

Someday someone will do a 14xx, someday!

That could be interesting as that would bring in the Austerity/J94 too but didn't EFE use that tooling as it was owned by the factory? The only reason I mention that is I think the 14xx was developed in the same way as the austerity, ie. With DJmodels, so I would assume that that tooling may be the property of the factory too.

Could be a cat amongst the pigeons if EFE announce 14xx tomorrow!

Looking forward to my confirmation of transfer email for my orders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiltern Junction said:

Weren't the 0 gauge A3 and A4 etc done in conjunction with Heljan though ? so a bit more complicated story and history I believe

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Will the later warwells now have the end deck extensions added, or could this improvement be done by accurascale for later batches?

Hattons didn't show a sample of the later version so it wasn't clear if they were making this improvement or not.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Karl said:

That could be interesting as that would bring in the Austerity/J94 too but didn't EFE use that tooling as it was owned by the factory? The only reason I mention that is I think the 14xx was developed in the same way as the austerity, ie. With DJmodels, so I would assume that that tooling may be the property of the factory too.

Hattons had no involvement with the Austerity other than as a customer.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Very happy to see this announcement. Google's crawlers had suggested as such, but was always worried it could fall off the rails as no doubt these were complex arrangements.

Created my Accurascale profile and looking forward to the pre-order carrying across. While 100GBP isn't as attractive as 85GBP, it's not going to make me cancel my order. Free postage takes a little of the sting out. 

Have a lot of time for Accurascale's approach, not just engineering, but also their customer service. 

Perhaps an Andrew Barclay 0-6-0ST would be a good follow-up model :)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Just a heads up, due to a VAT glitch (Was not added correctly in the import) we need to delete some orders and re-import them, Your order is completely safe, so please do not be alarmed if you get a cancellation email from us shortly.

No order cancellation email and not shewing on my account either.😟

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Same here, I guessed its to do with them still sorting out their data import. Although my orders have disappeared like yours, I found them still listed in the chat system under "help with your orders".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Same for me. Presumably they're still working on the transfers from Hattons and all will be okay in the next day or so. Hopefully Accurascale will update on here when they have completed what they believe to be all the transfers...just in case anything has slipped 'between the gaps'.

• Like 3